PDA

View Full Version : One step closer

Rocket Power
06-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Well since I didn't pay attn to the belt routing when I got my P/S pump for the 86 off a VIN Y car, I was having troubles get the alt belt not to hit the nose of the P/S pump. I was try to go around all the pullies when the VIN Y Cutlass only went around the W/P pulley to go to the Alt. I happen to see a very nice 87 Cutlass Salon yeaterday at the Renner Olds show and actually paid attn. LOL So now I just need to get the right size belts. I'll pick them up during the week. then it'll just about be ready to go.

And so continues the slowest progressing car project in HISTORY....... :goof

PB86MCSS
06-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Its always good to view cars to see how things should go :). I saw you at the show yesterday, then looked around again and didn't spot ya. Finally made it to the Renner show, some nice stuff but did the previous rain hold some cars home? I thought I remember the paper saying they expect 200-300 cars but it didn't seem like nearly that many...

Today was out for a drive and saw the show at the Saturn dealer on hwy 100 across from Bartz's too, so had to stop....that 87' Salon was there again, I recognize the owner but never talked to him. He brings it to shows alot from what I see, damn near perfect paint job! If its the last thing I do I will find dirt on the car somewhere :D.

About damn time you get that thing on the road ;). Hey, maybe before this winter. :goof

Rocket Power
06-13-2004, 09:41 PM
I don't know, winter's coming up fast :goof
Last year there was probably another row or two of cars IIRC. I spent most of the time I was there talking to my buddy. He has the white 65 442 and had some of the stuff he sells on a table, including their Olds cyl heads.
Our friend Bill was supposed to be there with his 64, but he thought it was just gonna rain.
I tried to go to the Saturn one last year but I could find anywhere to park :fire
I had forgotten about it this year.

Yeah that 87 is beautiful.
Too bad you didn't get to catch up with me saturday, well maybe next time. :)

Burgandy85SS
06-13-2004, 11:56 PM
This 87 Salon that you are all talking about was Black right? If so that car belongs to my very good friend Chad it is quite clean and he won 1st or 2nd in his class at Renner I dont remember which one. It was a good show I was there all day with my dad and the weather cleared up nicely to. I had my Toronado at the show and did well myself in a class of 66-92 Toronados.
Oh and if either of you guys find any dirt on his Salon please tell me cause Ive been looking for some for years

PB86MCSS
06-14-2004, 08:57 PM
I actually thought about your Toronado when I was there but didn't suspect yours was in the show, I do remember a black one, probably yours? Looked clean.

I think your friend Chad's Salon would be a perfect Cutlass for me to do a Turbo Buick 3.8 swap into :shades ;). But knowing me, I'd hold out for a gray interior car. :rolf

Rocket Power
06-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Next show I am bringing the white glove :goof
I believe we saw your toro. My wife loves that style was saying how nice it was. Didn't know it was yours at the time though.

Burgandy85SS
06-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Mine was the Black 92 on the end. There were also 2 others a red one and a burgandy one. Next time I stop by my friend I will do the white glove test for you so we dont have to wait till next year. I will post the result.

Rocket Power
06-16-2004, 11:02 PM
And I want the glove analyzed on the "Dust-o-meter 2000" just in case the dust isn't visible to the naked eye :-P

SSScottSS
06-17-2004, 08:04 AM
You guys talking about the black Cutlass with the maroon interior and maroon trunk? If it's the one I remember from BK, that car is REALLY nice. He has the Elky also right?

Burgandy85SS
06-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Yes he did have a 79 Elcamino but sold it a few months ago.

Rocket Power
06-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Well got the belts on the car tonite. I like functional power steering. :goof
Hopefully I'll get the other little things finished up this weekend. :banana

:3gears:

PB86MCSS
06-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Bring it to Georgie Porgies Saturday :) . I hope to hit that show up finally if its nice out...

I remember that El Camino as well, reddish....another disgustingly clean car :wow :cool2: .

Rocket Power
06-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Still have to register it yet. :)
And apparently my weekend has been planned out for me :fire

Burgandy85SS
06-18-2004, 11:43 PM
I was thinking about Georgies Saturday night also, as long as the weather is nice and I get things done durring the day. I havent been to a Georgies show yet this year.

PB86MCSS
06-19-2004, 02:57 AM
If anyone is going maybe post here....so far I think I will go. Supposed to be clear and pretty nice. Wouldn't want to go and not know anyone there. :wooo

Rocket Power
06-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Not gonna make Georgies but I am pretty sure I am going to Borchardts on Sunday.
Anyone else????