PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin 3 Day Mini Vacation's ~ Pleas share yours ~

awsomeears
04-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I would like to hear some of your Wisconsin mini vacations ?

I'm going to try and put together at least 2-4 mini vacation during May through September...

The Plan is to either request off of work on a Friday or pull a 1/2 day to get some driving time in.

I hope to have everyone chime in so that others can hear of your great short trip stories and possibly do the same.......

:thumbsup

badass88gt
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Im interested in this too, always looking for new places to check out.

If you are into ATVs we had a good time last summer up in Hurley, stayed at the Days Inn right on the trail and rode up to Lake Superior, had a good time.

pw_cc_runner
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
I had a really great time in Elkhart Lake with my girlfriend last year for our anniversary. We stayed at the Victorian Inn, just took it easy, walked through down town, watched movies, and went swimming, etc. Friday night we ate at a pizza place, I don't remember the name. We had dinner at Dutch's saturday night, which was superb and then had brunch at the hotel Sunday morning which was also really good. Prior to this I had never actually been into town, only at the track, so it was a really nice surprise. We also spent some time bombing around on the side roads around the lake, which I enjoyed as well.

twicks69
04-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I did a similar one last year with my wife in La Crosse, WI. We got a room at the Stoney Creek Inn/Conference Center, and it was EXCELLENT. We would drive into downtown La Crosse, then spend the days rollerblading along the Mississippi river, took a brewery tour at the City Brewery, Lunch at the Bodega (and excellent drink selection!), dinner at Big Al's Pizzeria, drinks at the Library, etc.

All of these places were awesome, cheap, and very fun! Big Al's pizza was very good with alot of choices, and great prices. The Bodega (http://www.bodegabrewpublax.com/) has an AWESOME beer selection of over 400 beers to choose from at all times. There is literally a binder at each table with the beer list! The sandwiches were top notch and had excellent ingredients. The atmosphere was great as well!

There are ALOT of different bars and restaraunts to choose from in downtown La Crosse, and it really has a nice atmosphere for just walking around and relaxing.

You can also take a riverboat tour of the Mississippi, etc.

We also took a drive along the Mississippi from La Crosse to Prairie Du Chein on the Wisconsin side and stopped along the way at a few different places. Beautiful drive with numerous scenic roads and waypoints to stop at and relax.

Cheap, and fun!

Exitspeed
04-24-2010, 01:47 PM
My wife stayed at The Heidle House last year in Green Lake WI. She said it was pretty nice. She did a girls weekend with her sister there. They did the whole message thing, eating, drinking, etc etc.

http://www.heidelhouse.com/

pOrk
04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Anything Chicago, I'm there at least one weekend a month during the summer

Korndogg
04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Pretty sure Chicago is in Illinois....

cheap80Z28
04-24-2010, 10:49 PM
door county, lots to see up there

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Door county is a shoe in during summer and fall when the colors change. I love it

Slow Joe
04-24-2010, 11:21 PM
If you have a boat, anywhere with lakes is a good spot. Personally to relax (even before Kristie and I were together since her family lives up there) Wautoma is a good place... Silvercryst is awesome... Great place to stay, relax on the beach, and eat....

eltness350
04-25-2010, 12:32 AM
+1 door county is great....make sure u go to egg harbor if u go up there!! everyone forgot about tha dells!! sooo much to do!!