PDA

View Full Version : WoHOO!

Prince Valiant
06-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Burned me some rubber today :3gears: <<actually would be three gears if my shifter could select 3rd :fire

I was able to rig the throttle so that it's not so grabby...still not quite good enough to venture in traffic with this thing, but it's getting there. The new brackets should help a ton.

So I just putz'ed with the timing a little (33 degrees total now) which really seemed to help the afterfire 3 seconds after shut-down (indicating that it was too advanced...this will be better when I get the new ignition in there though, coming with the brackets) and then fiddled with the idle to get it as good as it'll get with the new carb until I get an old pro to tune it for me....

So I pull out onto the street and the next door neighbor gives the thumbs up...so I proceeded to rev to 2500 and just floor it while coming out hard...MAN does this thing pull for being out of tune! It lit them off soooo very effortlessly...ran it up to 6000rpm today as well. It starts to break up a bit (do I need to continue to make the case that it's needs better tuning skills than I posses?) but still does better than the old combo by a mile. I am thinking that the shift point when done will be around 6500rpm, but we'll determine what's best at the track.

Car still has a couple of issues...need to do the front brakes. They are just simply gone right now.

I've got an oil leak where the pressure gauge threads into the block AND and the rear of both valve covers...so some smoke persist as I drive it down the street (cheap, lousy 13 dollar valve covers :fire )

Tomorrow I will try to adjust the shifter...If I can't make it work, the new one will be going in when I get back from vegas/california.

One thing is for certian though...I was SHOCKED how mean the thing sounded when I got it to idle @ 1000rpm. After it's tuned hopefully it'll behave a bit more and live nicely @ 750-800rpm, and which point I think it'll sound even tougher. :shades

EDIT: lol...the thing also heats up my garage by about 20 degrees after I parked it in there following the less than 5 minute run :wow

BAD LS1
06-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Well there goes the sleeper sound :burnout hearing each engine stroke at idle to the point where you can pyhiscally count them tends to alert even the most unknowing person as to something diffrent with that car :shades

Rocket Power
06-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Cover the lopey up with "Stupid cheap cam is going flat on a couple lobes" :goof

You're making me want to get mine done even more. Done as in ready to drive down the street. :burnout

Prince Valiant
06-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Cover the lopey up with "Stupid cheap cam is going flat on a couple lobes" :goof

You're making me want to get mine done even more. Done as in ready to drive down the street. :burnout
do IT! :fire :rolf

Actually, I could probably pass it off as the "it badly needs a valve job" :devil

Rocket Power
06-13-2004, 07:14 PM
do IT! :fire :rolf

Actually, I could probably pass it off as the "it badly needs a valve job" :devil
That'll work :thumbsup
Yeah now that I have the P/S situation figured out, the rest is cake.