PDA

View Full Version : Fox body guys in here, answers needed.

STANMAN
04-23-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=140&t=757826

Looking to trade guns for this car. Lots of Fox experts on here, what do you think? Car has a CD player, but no speakers. Only wear interior wise is 2 holes in dash pad because he moved the tach. Never had a spray car, but it has a window switch (which I am guessing means it only sprays in a certain RPM window under full throttle if the system is armed) for spray control. Value I have into the guns is about what he is asking, street value of about 11K, but he is coming to me. What questions should I ask besides the basics? He has never sprayed the car, the owner before him (in theory) only sprayed it 4 times. No purge system on the nitrous. Are the heads on the car good heads? Lots of questions, hoping some of the experts on here can help:thumbsup

DoubleAron
04-23-2010, 06:21 PM
I'd offer my input but it has been a while since I have dealt with the stock type stuff.

So why hasn't either one of them sprayed the car? I know when I had it on a faster car than that I sprayed the dog crap out of it any chance I got.

Is the car local? It would be nice to do a leak down on it.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt he would get near $9500 for that car. I was thinking maybe $7500-$8000? As I said though I have been away from that stuff for quite a while.

STANMAN
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I'd offer my input but it has been a while since I have dealt with the stock type stuff.

So why hasn't either one of them sprayed the car? I know when I had it on a faster car than that I sprayed the dog crap out of it any chance I got.

Is the car local? It would be nice to do a leak down on it.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt he would get near $9500 for that car. I was thinking maybe $7500-$8000? As I said though I have been away from that stuff for quite a while.

That's just it, he isn't local, he's in Ohio:wow I have asked him all the normal stuff, but I would just hate for him to get here and the thing has some issue I didn't ask about!

HRSEPLA
04-23-2010, 06:25 PM
That is too much money for that car, I would sell your guns (easily) and then you can buy a REALLY nice fox for 11 G's.

Sprayaway Fox
04-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah not worth it in my eyes. Yeah its a notch and looks pretty sick but just sell your guns and then search your ass off for a clean fox.

So what guy puts a window switch in and only sprays it 4 times?..... Seriously. I bet its had a couple bottles through it.

The Canfield heads are pretty darn good heads though. Depends what intake runner hes got on there. If I remember correctly they have a 160,185 and a 210, 230...Not real sure but I would just sell your guns outright.

Stock shortblock car with a HCI combo. If it had a non stock block and a stroker i would consider it.

xxtremeteam
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
sell guns buy this
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1706479242.html

STANMAN
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
sell guns buy this
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1706479242.html

haha, I was just looking at that car. So nice:drool:

Lash
04-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Kepp your guns.... you might need em.

Gregor
04-25-2010, 05:52 PM
That and its a buyers market on Mustangs. The price seems a little high for that car.

SBC-Fox
04-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Just buy mine so you dont start with that ford crap.

SBC-Fox
04-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Although i think the car is slightly high in price with mods and if its clean its maby only a g over what people are asking for them.