PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bad idea?

BoosTT
04-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I bought a jet ski from a guy in IL. He gave me brand new boat stickers until 2012 from IL. Can I just ride it in Wisconsin with the IL stickers? I didn't change the title into my name or pay taxes on it yet. Technically, the boat is still registered under the previous IL owners name. Insurance doesen't require the boat to be in my name.

Thanks!

lilws6
04-21-2010, 04:52 PM
wen i bought my sx viper a while back the tags were good until 06 i never reg. it but that was also a wisconsin to wiscosin sale.

Slow Joe
04-21-2010, 05:18 PM
IMO it is a bad idea. Just for the fact of insurance, and if you get stopped...

It's like buying a car... And leaving someone elses plates on it...

70 cutlass 442
04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
you have to have WI registration on it, just like on a sled or atv... if you can get a pass, then youd be ok, but idk if they do that for jet skis.

Car Guy
04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Not worth the chance.....

lotsals1
04-21-2010, 10:32 PM
You're fine just ride that bitch!
I'm down at bender Park in Oak Creek almost everyday in the summer with my stand up and my 1100 Yamaha.
As long as you have the registration card you should be fine.
Most Ads for PWC's and boats use a good till next year registration as a selling point.
If the prev. owner has a bill of sale it voids him of anything legaly.
I rode mine till oct. "huge friggen waves" I was hitting 6ft waves on my 1100 at 50+mph
Wanna talk about shittin your pants!!! it was a blast.
I'll be goin out soon--If you need a wetsuit-you can rent them at pirates cove cheap 30$
PS--inland lakes suck--dnr are there with the rule books all the time. Cops radar the lakes.
Last ticket I got was on Browns Lake doin 65 --last time I ever went on a inland lake around here!

SMOKDU
04-21-2010, 10:53 PM
You're fine just ride that bitch!
I'm down at bender Park in Oak Creek almost everyday in the summer with my stand up and my 1100 Yamaha.
As long as you have the registration card you should be fine.
Most Ads for PWC's and boats use a good till next year registration as a selling point.
If the prev. owner has a bill of sale it voids him of anything legaly.
I rode mine till oct. "huge friggen waves" I was hitting 6ft waves on my 1100 at 50+mph
Wanna talk about shittin your pants!!! it was a blast.
I'll be goin out soon--If you need a wetsuit-you can rent them at pirates cove cheap 30$
PS--inland lakes suck--dnr are there with the rule books all the time. Cops radar the lakes.
Last ticket I got was on Browns Lake doin 65 --last time I ever went on a inland lake around here!

thx cool yrs back i had a seadoo limited 1100 and we would go out to lake mich when there was northeastern winds in November. we used a full dry suit with a helmet. we saw 10 ft waves. they were coming over the break wall. thats a blast. 20 ft high wave jumps. i miss those days.

BoosTT
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
It looks like its only $26 plus tax, so I guess I buy my own WI stickers.

The jet ski is a kawi Ulta 150. 145HP two seater, not stock. Does 75mph on gps. Its going to be awesome.

I bought a wetsuit online... only like $100...

lotsals1
04-25-2010, 01:26 PM
thx cool yrs back i had a seadoo limited 1100 and we would go out to lake mich when there was northeastern winds in November. we used a full dry suit with a helmet. we saw 10 ft waves. they were coming over the break wall. thats a blast. 20 ft high wave jumps. i miss those days.Yup thats when we try go the most. This year the water was 70Deg and we had a few days with 30mph N.E winds in September.
That was the best ! I was in shorts and a wet suit pull over only. I was out there for 4hrs strait ,It was only me and Mike Baker there

lotsals1
04-25-2010, 01:42 PM
It looks like its only $26 plus tax, so I guess I buy my own WI stickers.

The jet ski is a kawi Ulta 150. 145HP two seater, not stock. Does 75mph on gps. Its going to be awesome.

I bought a wetsuit online... only like $100...
Ultra 150's are nice,those the gpr yamahas ,and the yamaha 1100 waveraider.
are my all 3 favs. Last of the big power 2 strokes.
I rode a new modded yamaha fxho that would do 88+ but the thing was just tooooo frigen big --all the 4 strokes are monsters and are no fun to really ride.
My next thing is gonna be a small hull with a Merc. outboard 2-stroke V6.
:headbang just gotta find a donor motor. That or a Vmax snowmobile motor.
most likely the vmax since i can find a vmax sled for 1200