PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy food at Pick N Save @ 76 th & Rawson.

Firefighter Z
04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm so grossed out by this that it seems only bad things happen to me.

I went to Pick N Save on 76th and Rawson in Franklin to purchase some food. 2 of those items were the Big Boss Sub and their ground beef that they make there.

Well yesterday I make up the ground beef for tacos, I start to pull it apart and what do I see? I fricken staple!!!
Well I put that in the package and was going to return it to the store the same day but I got side tracked, so I figured I'd do it tomorrow.

Well today, I go to eat half of my big boss sub at work and noticed a black spot, on closer inspection I see it's a bug in the bread. Well I inspected the sub more and found about 7 total bugs in just a half a sandwich. They were in the lettuce, tomatoes and the meat also. Well hell I aint eating that now. So I saved it and this time I'm going in today complaing to the head store manager getting my money back and making a call to the health department.

I don't care if I hurt anyones feelings when it comes to my food.

dfr225
04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
That is digusting, damn

Car Guy
04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Bugs are a GREAT source of protien.....:goof

Reverend Cooper
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
so is spunk,you eat that too?^

1BadBytch
04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
ewwwwww. thats f*cked up.

Reverend Cooper
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
ewwwwww. thats f*cked up.

What the bugs and staple,or the spunk?

theavenger333
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
that does indeed suck. you'll get your money back, store manager will be apologetic, the health department will be a waste of time just an fyi to save you some time.

MoCkiN U
04-20-2010, 01:12 PM
What the bugs and staple,or the spunk?

:rolf :rolf :rolf

BoosTT
04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I doubt $10/hour employees are going to give a chit and fix anything. I would bring it to the attention of the store manager though. Make sure you go during "normal" 8-4 hours and talk to the real store manager. A night manager isn't going to do chit. I've seen some messed up things while I worked at a sentry duing my high school days.

jon_we4
04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
PnS is hit or miss. The management at the newer or remodeled locations seems to me to be a little bit better.

My parents live right by Bunzels on Burliegh. Small, family owned butcher. Ton's of knowledge there too. We go there once a month and buy a ton of meat. They'll package it up in smaller bundles and pack it so we just throw it all in the freezer. Might be a little pricey on some things. But their ground beef has been on sale if you buy more than 5lb's.

The recession has really changed my perspective on prices and buying locally. Paying a few bucks more to support a good family business that is local is better than going to walmart.

Ricky Bobby
04-20-2010, 03:20 PM
just had a slice of a big boss sub thay my mom had brought over while i was working on the derby car all was ok with mine she got ours from the one on 27th though so hope ur luck turns around man

Exitspeed
04-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I wonder...would Bear Grylls even care about that?

GTSLOW
04-20-2010, 03:34 PM
:puke

Korndogg
04-20-2010, 03:41 PM
You wouldn't buy anything from there every again if you saw some of the stuff I have seen at these stores. The company I worked for (might be working for again) does all the refrigeration on the pick n saves.

Heres a pic I took from on top of one of the meat coolers..

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/korndogg03/08315b8f.jpg

michelle
04-20-2010, 03:57 PM
PnS is hit or miss. The management at the newer or remodeled locations seems to me to be a little bit better.

My parents live right by Bunzels on Burliegh. Small, family owned butcher. Ton's of knowledge there too. We go there once a month and buy a ton of meat. They'll package it up in smaller bundles and pack it so we just throw it all in the freezer. Might be a little pricey on some things. But their ground beef has been on sale if you buy more than 5lb's.

The recession has really changed my perspective on prices and buying locally. Paying a few bucks more to support a good family business that is local is better than going to walmart.

Bunzels! They catered food for our wedding. Awesome food and the customer service was absolutely the best! When I picked up "samples" to try before our wedding, the guy that helped me said to not worry about making dinner. The "samples" fed 4 people for dinner and we still had leftovers. Definitely have to go back there soon.

Doc Brown
04-20-2010, 04:50 PM
it's surprising that all of this happened at the Franklin PnS. They used to be waaaaay better.

TheRX7Project
04-20-2010, 05:18 PM
That gave me the willies.

STANMAN
04-20-2010, 08:27 PM
You wouldn't buy anything from there every again if you saw some of the stuff I have seen at these stores. The company I worked for (might be working for again) does all the refrigeration on the pick n saves.

That looks like fun times!

Ricky Bobby
04-20-2010, 09:19 PM

why you taking pics of ur stash dude thats gross posting that

Korndogg
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
lol...

but in all seriousness....what the fuck lol. I didn't even move the stuff together either...that's exactly how it was on top of the cooler.

Ricky Bobby
04-20-2010, 09:28 PM
that shit is still gross and theres even a pair of underware to make it a trifecta lol

domokun
04-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I love it....

someones skivvies, a camera and rubbers...all in the meat cooler ROFL

brotherbenn83
04-20-2010, 11:59 PM
it's surprising that all of this happened at the Franklin PnS. They used to be waaaaay better.

My Uncle BUILT/OWNED that store back in the mid-90's. It was an awesome place back then. Then he sold all them off in 99 or 2000. Obviously they have taken a turn for the worse.

Got Boost
04-21-2010, 08:13 AM

The recession has really changed my perspective on prices and buying locally. Paying a few bucks more to support a good family business that is local is better than going to walmart.+1 on Bunzels ....Awesome butcher ,,, worth the drive...:headbang

Rocket Power
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
A few weeks ago my wife bought a big pkg of ground beef from Woodmans in Oak Creek, She went to make hamburgers and what they did was put nice red meat around a big pile of nasty brown stuff in the center. Aholes:fire

LIZMO
04-21-2010, 09:27 AM
thats fkn discusting!!

sooo what happened did you go and complain??

Firefighter Z
04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Ya I complained and got my money back. They did the typical I'm so sorry BS.
Debating if I should e-mail their Corp. Office?

Moparjim
04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I personally will never buy meat at a local grocery again. Not everyone has the capability to do this, but when I bought my current house a few years ago the previous owners gifted me a giant stand up really nice freezer in the basement with the house. So, for the past few years my wife and I have been buying half a cow from time to time from a localish farm and butcher. I can get the info and post it if anyone is interested. It is retardedly cheap, you get a crapload of ground beef, steaks of varying cuts, etc. even tongue and other gross stuff that I give away to someone I know that will eat anything lol. It basically all comes out to the price of just the ground beef on sale its so cheap. The quality is FAR superior to the grocery store, and you know what your getting. It all comes nicely wrapped, sometimes shrink/vaccum wrapped in nice packets of 1LB of ground beef, or like 2-4 steaks of certain kinds, or roasts, etc. We get a ton of good steaks, a ton of roasts and etc. (we also have a badass programmable crock pot so the wife will just toss it in before she leaves in the morning and when you get home you have a roast dinner), and a ton of ground beef all for what the ground beef cost. Its insane!!!! I'm trying to line up a similar deal for fish and chicken...

Cryptic
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
I personally will never buy meat at a local grocery again. Not everyone has the capability to do this, but when I bought my current house a few years ago the previous owners gifted me a giant stand up really nice freezer in the basement with the house. So, for the past few years my wife and I have been buying half a cow from time to time from a localish farm and butcher. I can get the info and post it if anyone is interested. It is retardedly cheap, you get a crapload of ground beef, steaks of varying cuts, etc. even tongue and other gross stuff that I give away to someone I know that will eat anything lol. It basically all comes out to the price of just the ground beef on sale its so cheap. The quality is FAR superior to the grocery store, and you know what your getting. It all comes nicely wrapped, sometimes shrink/vaccum wrapped in nice packets of 1LB of ground beef, or like 2-4 steaks of certain kinds, or roasts, etc. We get a ton of good steaks, a ton of roasts and etc. (we also have a badass programmable crock pot so the wife will just toss it in before she leaves in the morning and when you get home you have a roast dinner), and a ton of ground beef all for what the ground beef cost. Its insane!!!! I'm trying to line up a similar deal for fish and chicken...

I've been doing the same thing with pork and beef. (and venison for that matter) You end up needing a lot of freezer space and cash up front to buy a lot of food. But at the end of the day you save a lot of money. Steaks average out to the price of ground beef.

Voodoo Chick
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
This grosses me out so bad........omfg. I have known quite a few grocery store/restaurant workers who have assured me that if we customers saw everything that goes on "behind the scenes" we'd never eat again.

hrsp
04-21-2010, 10:43 PM
" TINA Eat your steaks...Gosh!!!!"

TransAm12sec
04-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Ya I complained and got my money back. They did the typical I'm so sorry BS.
Debating if I should e-mail their Corp. Office?

Don't think twice, and do it. If someone higher up get's involved, there's less chance of an innocent person chewing on a staple.

theavenger333
04-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Don't think twice, and do it. If someone higher up get's involved, there's less chance of an innocent person chewing on a staple.

you're pretty foolish. like i said earlier, you can write a letter or call the 800 number, the results will be the same. personally if it was my store (which wouldn't happen period) it'd be taken care of. a staple who the heck knows what that was, but it's an isolated deal. the store director is going to go check it out and find out what happened. again it's not my store but thats what should have went down. as for the deli thing? we have one of the cleanest audited delis in the system, i stil don't buy food from there

TransAm12sec
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
My personal experience was purchasing $20 worth of food at McDonalds, but limited to one water. My friend called the location to complain, and the manager apologized, explaining a policy they had, however it should not have been applied with $20 worth of food.

She filled out a compliant online, and in the next few days receives a phone call from the corporate office sincerely apologizing, saying the matter will be taken care of, and received free Mcdonalds coupons in the mail.

The next week we find out the manager got demoted from his position. Someone lost their position because of filling out an online feedback form, about not being able to order 4 waters. Of course not every situation occurs in that manner, but it is better to notify the corporation it than to not.

Hence my reasoning for the chances of someone chewing on a staple are not greater or equal if corporate is notified, but reduced.

TheRX7Project
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
My experience with grocery stores (any retail store for that matter) is that if you call or write the corporate office, shit will happen.

lordairgtar
04-23-2010, 06:24 PM
That stuff you think is mayo in your sammitch? Could be spunk!

theavenger333
04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
My personal experience was purchasing $20 worth of food at McDonalds, but limited to one water. My friend called the location to complain, and the manager apologized, explaining a policy they had, however it should not have been applied with $20 worth of food.

She filled out a compliant online, and in the next few days receives a phone call from the corporate office sincerely apologizing, saying the matter will be taken care of, and received free Mcdonalds coupons in the mail.

The next week we find out the manager got demoted from his position. Someone lost their position because of filling out an online feedback form, about not being able to order 4 waters. Of course not every situation occurs in that manner, but it is better to notify the corporation it than to not.

Hence my reasoning for the chances of someone chewing on a staple are not greater or equal if corporate is notified, but reduced.

if you believe that ONE incident caused that guy to get demoted, you're as green as you sound. i'm not saying it's right what happened, but i'm telling you what is worth your time and whats not. oh yeah...

in MY experience, i know what i'm talking about.....

because i manage a PickNSave. but that's just my experience

Korndogg
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
because i manage a PickNSave. but that's just my experience

Which one? I was going to ask before but I forgot.

srt4eh
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
I say report it....if everyone just lets things go nothing will get fixed. This one report probably won't affect anything but what about when it happens again?

theavenger333
04-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Which one? I was going to ask before but I forgot.

green tree and port washington road in glendale.

Korndogg
04-25-2010, 02:40 AM
ahh ok. haven't worked on that one yet.

theavenger333
04-25-2010, 06:17 PM
also worked at Metro Market downtown, Brown Deer, 76th and Good Hope. i "consult" for almost every store in the district as well as some others on their dairy/frozen departments, and their organization and efficiency (or lack thereof) if you do come to my green tree, you can't miss me unless it's a tuesday