PDA

View Full Version : Went to the museum today to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit.

Yooformula
04-20-2010, 01:49 AM
What an awesome exhibit they have for it! I thought the artifacts although replicas were cool to read and listen to I was blown away to see ACTUAL pieces of the scrolls on display and impressed by how much work has been done on this incredible find. All religious debate aside the historical value of this was incredible to see and even my kids were intrigued and asking tons of questions. Now I wish I had gone to see the Mummies exhibit when it was in town several years ago.

Crawlin
04-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Yoosof I went to that as well. It was awesome like you said. Definitely worth the trip.

I did see the mummies movie at the imax and that wasn't really worth it, i would have rather seen the exhibit as well.

The titanic exhibit was cool, but definitely not as interesting as the dead sea scrolls.

84hurst
04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
They've had several of really cool exhibits over the last couple years. I definately wanna see the dead sea scrolls exhibit. Body World and Titanic were awesome.

dfr225
04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
I've always liked the museum as a kid and today

TheRX7Project
04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I went to it a while ago, yes, the DSS exhibit is pretty cool. Seeing all the old currency, pottery, and pieces of the DSS was definitely cool.

hotshift13
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
The ONLY place in the WORLD you can see the dead sea scrolls on display....Here in Milwaukee. It isnt a traveling show, you can only see it here...

Reverend Cooper
04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
I havent been to this yet,but the titanic exhibit was great too

awsomeears
04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
These exhibits as of late finally got the Public Museum out of a slum of loosing money each year, museum kicks ass !!!

I wish I would have went threw the Mummy one Doh !

Yooformula
04-21-2010, 12:19 AM
The ONLY place in the WORLD you can see the dead sea scrolls on display....Here in Milwaukee. It isnt a traveling show, you can only see it here...

uhh, we were told that the authentic pieces do get moved to certain other museums for display.

05caddyext
04-21-2010, 07:02 AM
It is the first time, and likely the only time, that the pieces will be together. Pieces may travel, but not all of them. Milwaukee is the only place you can see everything together, likely won't happen again.

Yooformula
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
It is the first time, and likely the only time, that the pieces will be together. Pieces may travel, but not all of them. Milwaukee is the only place you can see everything together, likely won't happen again.

I see. either way well worth the trip! I read an article that stated it took 5 years of preparing the exhibit and it shows.