PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins...

Prince Valiant
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
The Lil' Red Truck begins it's re-imagination with a nice big credit card charge :goof

Ordered:
Edlebrock AL Magnum Heads, CNC ported w/ 2.08 valves, flow test at 310cfm.
Hughes Engine custom HYD roller camshaft. 218/228 @ .050, .544/.544 lift, 106 LSA (nice step up from the stock 190 @ .050, .410 lift, 116LSA currently in there :wow )
New Crane stud mounted gold roller rockers, 1.6:1 ratio
Head Gaskets
ARP Head bolts

Still to order:
Headers (hoping to find stepped 1 5/8-1 3/4, but 1 5/8th's will do if that all I can find)
Consdering upgrading to a 700cfm carb (600 cfm currently)

This will hopefully go nicely with the 2600rpm stall T/C that I've got as well.

The heads are a little overkill...but I decided to buy heads that I'll want to put on top of a new 12:1 cr 408 short-block that I'm planning in the future (along with a much bigger cam at that time too). However, I don't want to spend all that cash at this time...so I'll just live with the huge heads.

So hopefully in two weeks, I can post pics of the stuff when it arrives :thumbsup

jbiscuit
04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Awesome Chris. Hope I was some inspiration to want to throw some parts at your truck. I can't have all the fun :)

Prince Valiant
04-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Awesome Chris. Hope I was some inspiration to want to throw some parts at your truck. I can't have all the fun :)I'll give you a little credit; but some of it (the 408 build) has been something I've been planning since I got it...

a big part of getting me going was just going to the track and running it; nothing will kick one in the rear to do something like going to the track :thumbsup

the bug has bitten, lol.

Crawlin
04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
hahaha, awesome Chris! it's always fun getting parts that show up on your doorstep!

TheRX7Project
04-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Sweet! Mo' power for the MoPar.

Prince Valiant
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
The deal actually got better...they called today instead of giving me a set of fresh ones, they are selling me a set of heads that a customer reneged on...so more work was done on the pushrod pinch (so a few more cfm should find it's way by) and some milling/cc'ing the combustion chamber to go from 66 cc after port work down to 60cc...so a 4 cc improvement over stock eddy, which are a nice improvement from what I've got in the first place...which is important when going from cast iron to AL heads....and more so when stepping up flow/cam too. All the extra work for but a fraction of what it'd normally cost...

Still have to find a decent set of headers...can't believe some of the stuff that's out there, with 1/4 inch flanges. I like some of Doug Thorley's stuff...but it looks like it might require me running a different starter.

It's looking like Hooker competition headers might be the way to go...

Prince Valiant
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh, AND I'm getting the correct throttle/return spring brackets....might need to get a different throttle cable though, as the current one seems about 6" too long.