PDA

View Full Version : wooohooo!

Cryptic
06-11-2004, 11:30 PM
GTX is finally getting headers tomorrow!

should I kiss my knuckles good bye now?

Pantera99GS
06-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Have fun!! And be prepared for some valve noise if you went with the SLP's like I have. :Hump

Brian98GTP
06-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Congrats Andy!!

They really arent too bad to do... I have to take mine OUT this weekend...LOL
I plan on welding in a new flex pipe while theyre out also to stop that annoying "Ticking" noise that theyre famous for.....and I'll try and weld it at a different angle so they dont hit the floorboard when you put it in reverse....

You'll like the new exhaust tone... :bling

GTSLOW
06-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Very cool! Is that ticking noise from an exhaust leak? I know I had to deal with that when I first installed headers on the dime.

Prince Valiant
06-12-2004, 09:18 AM
should I kiss my knuckles good bye now? Probably...you'll also likely have grease under your fingernails for a week, you'll have added three new curse-workds to your vocabulary, and to work off the pent-up frustration you'll develop a sadistic hatred of kittens :puppyeyes

good luck with it....it shouldn't be too bad :bsflag

Pantera99GS
06-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Very cool! Is that ticking noise from an exhaust leak? I know I had to deal with that when I first installed headers on the dime.

Well some of my ticking might be from an exhaust leak- but the headers have a really thin flex pipe that lets you hear the valvetrain.

Crawlin
06-12-2004, 10:45 AM
i hear beer can reduce the pain by astronomical proportions. for every knuckle hit, drink two bottles. works like a charm.

Congrats on the headers!!!

Brian98GTP
06-12-2004, 12:51 PM
i hear beer can reduce the pain by astronomical proportions. for every knuckle hit, drink two bottles. works like a charm.

Das' a lotta booooze!!

He'll end up bolting the headers to his intake manifold with that much to drink... :goof

Cryptic
06-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Have fun!! And be prepared for some valve noise if you went with the SLP's like I have. :Hump

yeah there are the SLP's. The ticking is less than I got with my RT offroad downpipe.
We did wrap the flex with a little bit of header rap. I like the throaty sound.

2k3gtp
06-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear you like em God knows I did. Now go kill some shitvics and maxipads :guns1 . Oh btw that beer your bro makes is great stuff. :alcoholic

SILVER02GTP
06-13-2004, 12:24 PM
hey brian let me know how that welding project goes i wanted to do the same when i pull my heads and stuff

Cryptic
06-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear you like em God knows I did. Now go kill some shitvics and maxipads :guns1 . Oh btw that beer your bro makes is great stuff. :alcoholic

I owe you a few more. Thanks again for your help putting them on.

You guys dont wanna know our secret trick to get the rear header down there LOL

I was Karate Kid standing on top my motor :banana

Brian98GTP
06-14-2004, 01:31 AM
hey brian let me know how that welding project goes i wanted to do the same when i pull my heads and stuff

Sounds good Mike... :)
I just have to find the right length Flex Joint...

Boy, taking them fawkers out were probably harder than putting them in!!
Instead of pulling an Andy, and doing karate kicks on the rear header, I was kneeling on my engine trying to pull that c0ck sucker out!! What a PITA!! I was almost tempted to get the gas axe and take them out in peices... :rockwoot:
Seems like every single knuckle has skin missing... :punch:

Hows the power Andy?? Think you can raise the boost without having any KR?? :3gears:

2k3gtp
06-14-2004, 07:09 AM
not quite sure how i did it but when I took the headers off of my car i pulled the rear one through the tunnel on the bottom of the car. Andy we got lucky putten them fawkers on though I still cant believe they went on as easy as they did. That is minus the back one being a pain. Musta been that beer

BTW dont ever even think about getting S&S headers. The install I did on Sunday was a PITA. They went on alright but we had major issues with the 02 sensor and the tranny fill tube/dipstick (major issues meaning about 3 hours of fawkin around with that damn dipstick and sensor).

Cryptic
06-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Hows the power Andy?? Think you can raise the boost without having any KR?? :3gears:

I need an Auto-Tap to check for KR. I have my 3.25 on there now, which I could run fine with my RT downpipe. My 3.0 is on standby :rockwoot:

Rich, I hope you asked for a few more bucks from that guy to do that install.

2k3gtp
06-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah I charged him a benjamin, good thing cuz that dude didnt even bring any beer. :ripped: