PDA

View Full Version : Road America More Pics added.

Z28Envy
04-17-2010, 07:17 PM
More pictures added. These are all quick edits to tired to go through them all and take my time.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Great pictures Josh.

GTSLOW
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Great pictures Josh.

Why didn't you show up?

GTSLOW
04-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Awesome pics man thanks for taking them!!! I never knew my rear spring sag was that bad :stare now only if the camber in front was the same as the back :rolf

team beater
04-17-2010, 07:34 PM
whos ta was that?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Why didn't you show up?

Already had plans.

SSmike1
04-17-2010, 07:52 PM
awesome Pics, Thanks!
i had a great time today! Beautiful weather! come on up!

Plum Crazy
04-17-2010, 10:01 PM
how did that guy wreck?

GTSLOW
04-17-2010, 10:05 PM
I think someone asked him and he honestly said he didn't know. It was going into the last turn :(

97z2801ss
04-18-2010, 01:29 AM
damn that sucks for the T/a but sweet pictures, I wish I coulda went there, how do u get into doing something like that?

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 05:59 AM
Come on up and run today.

Cryptic
04-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Why didn't you show up?

We got shit done on the 7!

Thanks Ben!

BAD LS1
04-18-2010, 07:21 AM
looks like a good time, will have to build a road race 4th gen once the wifes car is done.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-18-2010, 08:17 AM
We got shit done on the 7!

Thanks Ben!

No problem

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 08:53 AM
There's a new 5th gen running today :stare :wooo

Turbo-Triumph
04-18-2010, 09:43 AM
PIC #3 looks like the GTO was either giving a thumbs up to the camera, or the finger to the vette. lol

I'de love to take my man-van out there, even tho i doubt it would be competitive, it sure looks like hella-fun!

Cool pics! poor T/A.

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 10:24 AM
PIC #3 looks like the GTO was either giving a thumbs up to the camera, or the finger to the vette. lol

I'de love to take my man-van out there, even tho i doubt it would be competitive, it sure looks like hella-fun!

Cool pics! poor T/A.

I think that's a BMW or Jag.

Turbo-Triumph
04-18-2010, 10:25 AM
^^ been reading up b/c i think i want to get into this. you were right i think, found this on a website.

-A passing signal is required from the car being overtaken.The left arm is extended out the window pointing towards the passing side. A clear signal for each car passing is required.

LOL ^ that doesnt coincide with this rule tho...

-Arms must be inside the car at all times.

edit; also 2nd looked the pic, deff not a goat.

Josepy
04-18-2010, 10:37 AM
^^ been reading up b/c i think i want to get into this. you were right i think, found this on a website.

-A passing signal is required from the car being overtaken.The left arm is extended out the window pointing towards the passing side. A clear signal for each car passing is required.

LOL ^ that doesnt coincide with this rule tho...

-Arms must be inside the car at all times.

edit; also 2nd looked the pic, deff not a goat.

Not a goat for sure.

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Arms out for passing is ok. Reason its on there is we've had passenger with their arms hanging out while driving around. As well as drivers doing the same, both hands on the wheel = :thumbsup

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Not a goat for sure.

I thought you left already? ?? :goof

Josepy
04-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I thought you left already? ?? :goof

Nope. Can't get anyone to go. Coop didn't text em back.. I am sure he is there already so fuck it.

domokun
04-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I should have pics up for everyone from yesterday in about a day :)

and GTSLOW, I was trying to find you. I wanted a damn ride hahaha

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Nope. Can't get anyone to go. Coop didn't text em back.. I am sure he is there already so fuck it.

i texted you back,my phone was in the car but i did hit you back we were there already

Josepy
04-18-2010, 04:26 PM
i texted you back,my phone was in the car but i did hit you back we were there already

Never got it. Thanks though.

nismodave
04-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Coop still has a chubby from the ride along with Greg Miller.

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 04:49 PM
You gotta Shake it,Before you bake it,shake and bake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Joe I left my phone in the car,it was prolly an hour later before i saw your text,I just texted back yup.you had asked if we were up there already,we were on the road by 8 am

Josepy
04-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Joe I left my phone in the car,it was prolly an hour later before i saw your text,I just texted back yup.you had asked if we were up there already,we were on the road by 8 am

Hmm weird. Was getting texts all day. None from you. Oh well.

nismodave
04-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Was an AWESOME weekend!! Thanks to MFBA!

Great seeing a TON of BCMers out. I will have pics up soon.

Murrys 240 and Dr Jacks GTR were AMAZING!

Thanks to Greg Miller for the ride!!

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Hmm weird. Was getting texts all day. None from you. Oh well.

Not that it matter but Dave watched me send the text back.really wouldnt matter we were there all ready i guess

Josepy
04-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Not that it matter but Dave watched me send the text back.really wouldnt matter we were there all ready i guess

Your right it doesn't matter. Just odd I didn't get the text. Makes me wonder if I missed others. I need to call US cellular tomorrow. I was just hoping to follow up. That was all.

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I should have pics up for everyone from yesterday in about a day :)

and GTSLOW, I was trying to find you. I wanted a damn ride hahaha

Man I wish you'd have found me. I managed to squeeze off three runs today and that was it for the brakes. Ran twice with B and the last time went out in front of D. Was good until I caught up to them :(

Thanks again to all the great folks in MFBA that made this happen.

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
adding pics will put link back up in a few minutes

*** awaits patiently ***

:D

Z28Envy
04-18-2010, 06:28 PM
They are up now. I have more to go through but these will do your now. They are the better ones.

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Your right it doesn't matter. Just odd I didn't get the text. Makes me wonder if I missed others. I need to call US cellular tomorrow. I was just hoping to follow up. That was all.

me and dave drove seperate he had to leave early and you could have rode with either of us

Josepy
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
me and dave drove seperate he had to leave early and you could have rode with either of us

No biggie. I should of just drove up.

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Josh would you email me the pictures in the vette and of my car i truly would appreciate it. i owe you a dinner

Z28Envy
04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Josh would you email me the pictures in the vette and of my car i truly would appreciate it. i owe you a dinner

Sure will. I am going to work on them a little more and then I will send them to you. Give me a day or so.

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks very much

buttersgt350
04-18-2010, 07:49 PM
who owns the red ta with 79 on the door

FoxStang
04-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Great pictures!

I thought you needed a roll bar to run verts? Did I see an S2k with no roll running?

Todd Z
04-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Coop, Glad you had such a great time. It's always fun to see someone realize how much fun turning left and right can be. Michelle has it right that drag racing is for fast cars and road racing is for fast drivers.

I am happy that MFBA had a good turn out to hopefully put them back in the black.

Even though my car was not ready for this weekend I still helped out to instruct novice students on Saturday and Advanced drives on Sunday. It was truely a blast all weekend.

Dinner on Saturday at The Depot was fantastic.

Hope to see everybody in June at our first track event. We will make it a incredible event for all involved. Check out http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44646 and www.GTTrackDays.com

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks for your time today Todd.

Ricky Bobby
04-18-2010, 09:51 PM
who owns the red ta with 79 on the door

thats heat seeker i believe ur referring to john is his name

TURTLE
04-19-2010, 06:38 AM
josh, if you have any more pics of my car, could you send them to me? my camera took a crap on friday night and after all the prep, i had no time to get a new one. and i guess that goes for anyone, if you have any pics of my car, can you contact me so i can get them...

thanks to everyone that came up this weekend, it was a great start to the season. the new brakes on my car were amazing, never faded, never went soft. guess it's time to turn the wick up a little ;)

BAD LS1
04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
There's a new 5th gen running today :stare :wooo

<<<<<<<<<<< lol i was the first, thats all that matters. Im worried about all the other hotshots out there that have the ability to bail up my car for me is the part that scares me to run mine in the balls out catergory.

Josepy
04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
<<<<<<<<<<< lol i was the first, thats all that matters. Im worried about all the other hotshots out there that have the ability to bail up my car for me is the part that scares me to run mine in the balls out catergory.

Do not think you were not the first.
Plus all the new Camaro's on the track for the vintage races in the summer last year. You might have been the first one to do a lunchtime touring session with it.

http://www.underhoodservice.com/Article/59100/tech_feature_2010_camaro_has_power_to_spare.aspx

GTSLOW
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Well in defense I can say I don't think there has ever been a car to car collision at any of the MFBA / Speed Seekers LLC events in the past 10+ years at Road America. The event now has instructors running with ALL D drivers and some C drivers. You really will know what is going on before and while on the track.

The 5th Gen did try to chase me down but I wasn't letting it happen :D :D :D Once I got infront of the NSX I was gone.

Josepy
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Well in defense I can say I don't think there has ever been a car to car collision at any of the MFBA / Speed Seekers LLC events in the past 10+ years at Road America. The event now has instructors running with ALL D drivers and some C drivers. You really will know what is going on before and while on the track.

The 5th Gen did try to chase me down but I wasn't letting it happen :D :D :D Once I got infront of the NSX I was gone.

I agree that track day is very well put on and I would not worry about any other drivers. Everyone is respectful and cautious of 1 another.

WhatsADSM
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM

x3

FWIW I have NEVER had an issue with anyone else driving too aggressively that I actually felt nervous about my safety. Remember everyone out there also has a car they value, in fact in many cases your car is worth a fraction of theirs. Most people are NOT out there running full out balls-to-the-wall, and no one can pass without being pointed by... It's not a race it is a driving event.

Finally, you would likely be running in novice and everyone has instructors in novice so there is another added safety net there as well.

BAD LS1
04-19-2010, 10:53 AM
^^^ More or less you will have to convince my wife as to why my brand new car needs to be out there at any kinda of great speed, you are preaching to choir with me!

Josepy
04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
^^^ More or less you will have to convince my wife as to why my brand new car needs to be out there at any kinda of great speed, you are preaching to choir with me!

There were at least 8 brand new ZO6's out there. That should do it.

Ricky Bobby
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM

shes racing her truck down the track why cant u bring the maro out to the twisties lol

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-19-2010, 12:23 PM
shes racing her truck down the track why cant u bring the maro out to the twisties lol

bingo

Reverend Cooper
04-19-2010, 02:27 PM
reintroduce your ballz to the pouch god gave you to them in. lol I will go out it was to much fun not too

GTSLOW
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
My mods for Octobers RA event, Hawk HT 10 pads in the front and stainless lines. Heck I might even go nuts and get HPS pads for the rear :stare :goof BTW you don't want a crazy pad in the rear as you'll end up with locking rear issues.

Z28Envy
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
josh, if you have any more pics of my car, could you send them to me? my camera took a crap on friday night and after all the prep, i had no time to get a new one. and i guess that goes for anyone, if you have any pics of my car, can you contact me so i can get them...

thanks to everyone that came up this weekend, it was a great start to the season. the new brakes on my car were amazing, never faded, never went soft. guess it's time to turn the wick up a little ;)

I sure can. I have a couple for sure but have to go through all of them. I will send some over in the morning. Give me an email address so I can send some high res shots.

Beagle
04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Nice pics!!! Murray's car sounded sick up there!!!

twicks69
04-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Did anyone get pictures of Jesse's (JRink) Dodge Stealth????

GTSLOW
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Did anyone get pictures of Jesse's (JRink) Dodge Stealth????

Not sure but I think he was having some tuning problems the whole weekend? :(

TURTLE
04-20-2010, 07:04 AM
I sure can. I have a couple for sure but have to go through all of them. I will send some over in the morning. Give me an email address so I can send some high res shots.

you've got PM... and thanks a bunch!

JRink
04-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Not sure but I think he was having some tuning problems the whole weekend? :(

Not really tuning issues, just battling a few gremlins. Had a coolant overflow problem, even at very low boost. Thinking it might just be that the overflow container is about 1/3 the size of the stock overflow I used to have... The overflow would fill up after 2 laps or so. It'd suck it all back in eventually, so that's a good sign. But, as a result of the coolant issue, I did limited laps so I didn't piss coolant all over the track.

Also had an issue with oil temp getting upwards of around 247-248 degrees. Time for a better oil cooler.

Spent some time Friday before the event tracking down an issue with my brake lights not working. Fun. Turned out to be a fuse. Good thing "tech" caught that.

Overall it was a fun. Took Josh (Turtle) out for the first session, and Luke and Darin for the next sessions (limited runs). Skipped the 4th session to play it safe. Car is at BR right now so we can address the quirks and look forward to October's event.

I have two decent pics I can try to scan in.

JR