PDA

View Full Version : rockauto troubles....

theavenger333
04-17-2010, 02:40 AM
my last 4 orders have all been messed up. anyone had problems lately? i've used them VERY happily since about 2003 or so, and never had one problem.
first order i got sent the wrong part, it was close, but not quite it.
second order i got sent a totally different set of plug wires, 4 cyl when i needed a 6cyl.
third order the tensioner i got was broken, the spring inside was wrecked.
last order they sent me one rotor not two.

i'm certainly not stopping using them, i'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble lately?

modmachz
04-17-2010, 08:02 AM
maybe its time to switch to federated auto parts or something like that

jbiscuit
04-17-2010, 08:23 AM
I have heard others say thru have been having problems lately. Guy I work with uses them exclusively for parts to service his fleet of pickups for his side business. He just asked me if I had been having any problems cuz he had been

PureSound15
04-17-2010, 08:25 AM
I got the wrong belt from them - part number on the sleeve is right, belt is not.

pashtrd
04-17-2010, 08:53 AM
I just got a bunch of brake parts from them, no issues though. I was kinda expecting some kind of problem, since the parts came fron 2 different places.

Moparjim
04-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Just ordered like 6 seperate orders from them over the last 6 months or so, including a couple last week and no issues... They are awesome, I assume you've just had some bad luck.

FoxStang
04-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Just used them a couple of weeks ago, no problems. Love the place, most of the time I get my parts within a day or two on regular shipping, even on occasion when they don't ship out of Madison.

theavenger333
04-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I just got a bunch of brake parts from them, no issues though. I was kinda expecting some kind of problem, since the parts came fron 2 different places.

to keep the cost down you gotta add different similar priced parts to see which comes from which warehouse. shipping from one location is cheap, when you add other locations the shipping prices jumps a lot.

like i said i've been for a long time, but just lately i've gotten like 4 or 5 in a row. it happens at stores often too, i'm not going to stop ordering from rock i'm just hoping maybe they hired a few idiots that are going to get fired shortly. :goof