PDA

View Full Version : 5yr old got run over by an inattentive driver..

Yooformula
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
terrible story and fucking enraging that people dont pay attention when driving in residential areas. how the fuck do you drive 75ft not knowing there is a body under your car? fucking idiots.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100414-child-struck-greendale,0,2790652.story?track=rss

http://www.fox6now.com/videobeta/18f0e67c-f560-4833-b723-b32303897120/News/5-year-old-girl-struck-and-killed-in-Greendale

Prince Valiant
04-16-2010, 02:38 PM
yeah...that was a big deal here in greendale. very sad...

Karps TA
04-16-2010, 02:57 PM
That person should be treated no differently then a drunk driver would be who killed someone. However I'm guessing that since she was just driving under the influence of stupidity it's considered an accident. Whereas had she had a single beer it would be a homicide and people would want her burned at the stake.

Sad story, I've been waiting to hear the accident as being cell phone related. That would have been my first guess.

OxmanWI
04-16-2010, 03:01 PM
That is a sad story, so young.

animal
04-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Wow, that's crazy :(

animal
04-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Wait... heard a thump and something hit the windshield, namely an adult woman, and she didn't know to stop immediately?? Holy fuck. :eek:

Is this a case of driving-while-old? I've been for manditory every other year driving tests for people over age 55. Could that have stopped this? I guess we'll never know.

JC70SS
04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Sad indeed. BTW Yoo how is your brother doing?

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2010, 03:18 PM
yeah i saw that while we were in the hospital,and they are not pressing any charges.something must have made them not want to.

pOrk
04-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Wait... heard a thump and something hit the windshield, namely an adult woman, and she didn't know to stop immediately?? Holy fuck. :eek:

Is this a case of driving-while-old? I've been for manditory every other year driving tests for people over age 55. Could that have stopped this? I guess we'll never know.

"They were walking their bikes across the street when a 59-year-old Franklin woman made a right onto the street. "

I'm gonna guess yes, and I completely agree.

Gregor
04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Mandatory driving retest every five years. That's the only way to keep the idiots from behind the wheel.

This would take down most of the elderly, and few of the mouth breathers. I would say to make it age related but then its age discrimination. So screw it, everyone gets it. For the people that can drive it would take 30 minutes out of their week but it could save hundreds of the innocent each year...

Stupid old phucking bat.

Firefighter Z
04-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Yoo, your Daughter goes to school in Greendale?

Anyways, This is Unofficial so....My next door Neighbors Uncle was the first Paramedic there and from what was said is that the little girl wasn't wearing a helmet and that she might have stood a chance.

The Mother was the first to get hit and rolled up the hood and windshield. And proceeded to keep going. The lady stated that she didn't know she hit anything.

Like is said this is unofficial and the media does like to change things around for a good story.
BTW: my neighbors son also went to that school.

Yooformula
04-16-2010, 04:02 PM
what gets me is that they were right next to her!?!?! did she not come to a complete stop and look before turning? how did she NOT see them and continue driving? had she just hit and stopped, most like the child wouldnt have died but continuing 75ft from the point of impact?!?!?!?!?!?

Josh they were walking the bikes across the street and sorry but my kids all wear helmuts and you are full of shit to tell me that a kids bike helmut would withstand a car impact and drive on.

oops, actually she was friends with my daughter through her cousin(both had same name) that goes to st mary's.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I heard about this on the radio.

My longer brother was hit by a Explorer 10 years ago and was dragged 15ft. by some cocksucker that was hammered and was leaving a liquor store.

Piece of shit didn't know anything until a car passing by stopped in front of the truck.

CATNHAT
04-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Since having kids, this has been my single biggest fear. What a tragedy.

I recently drove to Florida for the first time for Easter and I am 100% convinced that EVERYONE should have to take a mandatory driving exam every 2-3-5 (?) years to keep the rules of the road and driving skills fresh. If you fail, you need to take a class and retest, you fail again, license revoked.

Texting while driving absolutley should be illegal.

Thoughts and prayers for the family.

OxmanWI
04-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Mandatory driving retest every five years. That's the only way to keep the idiots from behind the wheel.

This would take down most of the elderly, and few of the mouth breathers. I would say to make it age related but then its age discrimination. So screw it, everyone gets it. For the people that can drive it would take 30 minutes out of their week but it could save hundreds of the innocent each year...

Stupid old phucking bat.

Yeah but think of the cost of testing thousands of people a week. The state would have to raise the yearly registration fee and tack on other fees just to cover the cost for more test driver employees and wages. So screw the age discrimination, what happens when you get old? You don't get any younger, faster or develop super skills. I'd start at 60 and every 3 years. My folks are mid-50's and they are still pretty sharp. Another thing is, everyone is texting and playing with gadgets in the fucking car. Not paying any attention to the road. It's a shame, way too young to go. Prayers for that family.

Turbo-Triumph
04-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Very sad indeed.

to all who say texting/cell phone should be illegal, it is. a cop can give you a ticket for "unattentive driving", which could be considered for about anything from cell phones to eating, to playing with the radio. I seen a news report a while ago, that stated this and was pointing out how tax money was being wasted by officials making laws reguarding this, even though there is a "blanket" law.

I cant imagine how anybody could not notice a body hitting there windshield.

Firefighter Z
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
what gets me is that they were right next to her!?!?! did she not come to a complete stop and look before turning? how did she NOT see them and continue driving? had she just hit and stopped, most like the child wouldnt have died but continuing 75ft from the point of impact?!?!?!?!?!?

Josh they were walking the bikes across the street and sorry but my kids all wear helmuts and you are full of shit to tell me that a kids bike helmut would withstand a car impact and drive on.

oops, actually she was friends with my daughter through her cousin(both had same name) that goes to st mary's.

Whoa whoa whoa settle down Yoo, what I said was Unofficial And hearsay...
I know stories get twisted, but I'm just telling you what I heard.. I heard she got ran over, getting hit head on etc.

This is sad yes, but we won't know until the official report comes out.

I do agree with you Yoo about the helmet not with standing impact.

03Seville
04-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Heard about this from a customer yesterday when I was at a house in the area. Their were quite a few people out their setting up candles and baloons as a memorial, sad jus driving by...

awsomeears
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
I know its easy to be critical on others when getting into accidents, but 75 feet from a stop and yield is very far !!!

Not to mention a body up on your hood ?

Poor little girl being dragged on the pavement to her death, I hope there's a real special place in Heaven for her :(

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
and for some reason, bicyclists still feel they dont have to to follow the same traffic laws as motorists.

Yooformula
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
and for some reason, bicyclists still feel they dont have to to follow the same traffic laws as motorists.

huh? she was walking a bike across the street that had a 4 way stop sign! pedestrians have the right of way. there is no excuse for this motorist.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-17-2010, 12:29 AM

You don't know what you are talking about, any avid cyclist protects themselves from cases such as this. Shut up

TheRX7Project
04-17-2010, 01:04 AM

We don't need to only test the old. There's plenty of young and stupid drivers too. Age may make it worse but EVERYONE should get retested when they renew their license.

Anyway, back on topic, this is very sad.

hrsp
04-17-2010, 03:06 AM
i know its easy to be critical on others when getting into accidents, but 75 feet from a stop and yield is very far !!!

Not to mention a body up on your hood ?

Poor little girl being dragged on the pavement to her death, i hope there's a real special place in heaven for her :(

qft

jon_we4
04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
As a soon-to-be dad, I can't even put into words my feelings about this.

On another note, I just took my beginner's motorcycle class. It echo'd alot of some of my basic road course classes. Be super attentive, look where you WANT to go, prepare for idiots.

I was thinking that they should make teenagers take the standard test for their probationary license, but take an advanced class and skills test to advance on. Hell, if you could force everyone to take the motorcycle class too thats even better. It did affect my thought process when driving my car too.

johnny--2k
04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I just learned that this little girl is one of my highschool classmates niece. Her brother was a few years ahead of us, and it was his baby girl. RIP Ava Zimmerman. :(

Waver
04-19-2010, 11:20 AM
This is truly sad. There is so much wrong with this, I dont know where to begin...how can someone not know that they are running over two people and a pair of bikes. Why the hell isnt there any charges being filed. What the hell...........This is quite scary.

animal
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
We don't need to only test the old. There's plenty of young and stupid drivers too. Age may make it worse but EVERYONE should get retested when they renew their license.

Anyway, back on topic, this is very sad.

Certainly an arguable point, yes. But if I had to pick a demographic, it'd be old people lol.

they are not pressing any charges.something must have made them not want to.

Sure does seem like the media doesn't want to poke into any possibility this is a D.W.Old. incident, nor does the DA seem to want to presecute it. I would bet that is to allow the family to seek civil damages more than anything.

Philly-O
04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
i guess i can understand why the family isn't thinking about pressing charges.... the older lady's life is ruined by the guilt she will have to live with. the family probably doesn't feel sending her to jail will help bring justice to their daughter's death. being a parent myself i would be emotionally crushed if this happened to my family, but revenge out of hate for someone definitely wont make it any better. not saying that nothing should happen to the driver, but maybe the family might be trying to go other routes to "make things right" between themselves and the driver's family such as community education and other services.

Yooformula
04-21-2010, 12:13 AM
dont count out the charges yet. from a family member's mouth, there is an intense investigation underway because there is a general consensus that she was either on the phone or texting when it happened. There is NO way a driver should be allowed to get away with hitting 2 people, 2 bikes, tossing a body on the hood of the car, then dragging another body 75ft FROM A 5mph STOP SIGN AND NOT KNOW IT. This is probably the worst case of reckless or negligence you can come up with. She began moving just a mere 5ft from where they were standing and she didnt realize it?!? Revenge or not, I hope the state buries the bitch.

The lady is ONLY 59 yrs old guys. Some of the comments made, make it sound like she should get a pass because she was like 100 or something. WTF........59!!!! You dont even need to open a debate about old people vs young people driving, this is a case of pure idiocy behind the wheel nothing more.

Philly-O
04-21-2010, 12:48 AM
my friend lived in the appts right there so i am familiar with the area and the really low speed limits. if the lady was infact on the phone or even worse texting....i 1,000,000 times agree she should have the biggest and heaviest book thrown at her and made an example of. not defending the driver in any way, shape or form...but figured the victim's family was making an educated decision on pressing charges. i applaud their patience of making a heart felt decision instead of immediately suing the pants off of everyone. regardless the eternal guilt, that alone is nowhere near sufficient enough punishment for loss of a child.

animal
04-21-2010, 08:50 AM
The lady is ONLY 59 yrs old guys. Some of the comments made, make it sound like she should get a pass because she was like 100 or something. WTF........59!!!! You dont even need to open a debate about old people vs young people driving, this is a case of pure idiocy behind the wheel nothing more.

Absolutely, old people generally suck at driving. I hope you didn't take my comments to mean that she should get a pass by any means. It sounds to me like she's acting so old she doesn't belong behind the wheel indefinately. I'm of the mindset that driving is a privilege not a right. IMO One has to prove on a regular basis that they can drive attentively and without causing problems with everyone else on the road in order to receive the right to drive. Whether that would've helped in this case is obviously not able to be proven.