PDA

View Full Version : Dogs chew off baby's tesitcals

PureSound15
04-14-2010, 11:06 AM
WTF?!

http://cbs2.com/local/infant.attacked.dog.2.1622472.html

Dogs Chew Off Baby's Testicles In Murrieta Home
(4/8/2010)
A mother whose 6-month-old son was mauled by dogs after she left him alone in a carrier on the floor may lose custody of the boy, after two other children were taken away from her in 2008, authorities said.

San Diego County Child Protective Services obtained a court order to take the baby away from Carrie McKinney of Point Loma, said Murrieta police Sgt. Jim Ganley.

Holly Crawford, spokeswoman for the county agency, said she could not comment on the situation and would not say why McKinney lost her other children.

Last Saturday, a pit bull and pit bull mix tore off the 6-month-old's diaper and bit his scrotum after his mother left the baby alone in a carrier on the floor at a friend's home in
Murrieta, police said.

The child was rushed to the hospital where he underwent surgery at Loma Linda University Medical Center. Police do not have an update on the child's condition and McKinney did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

Lance Brown, chief of pediatric emergency medicine at Loma Linda, was not familiar with the case, but told The Press Enterprise that if a child were castrated in an accident, he would require a lifetime of hormone-replacement therapy and perhaps reconstructive surgery.

"While such an injury is not life-threatening, it is massively life-altering," he said.

Police said McKinney told them she was in another room getting dressed and her friend was in the shower when the attack occurred. She told police she checked on the baby a few minutes after placing him in the carrier and he was fine. Several minutes later, she heard screaming and discovered her friend's 5-year-old female pit bull and an 8-month-old pit bull mix near the injured baby.

The dogs will be euthanized, animal control officials said.

Riverside County officials will help in the investigation because the attack occurred in Murrieta, said Sylvia Deporto, assistant director for the Children's Services Division in Riverside County.

She said all the circumstances should be considered.

"I think what we try to do is be reasonable. Because people make mistakes," Deporto said.

"This is an unfortunate incident that shouldn't have happened," she said. "I think it's a message for parents. Parents often take for granted that family pets are not a danger."

TheRX7Project
04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Ouch?

CATNHAT
04-14-2010, 11:09 AM
ALL pitbulls and deadbeat parents should be put to sleep.

0TransAm0
04-14-2010, 11:10 AM
that hurts just reading the article.

Reverend Cooper
04-14-2010, 11:19 AM
wtf are people thinking

-stew-
04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Pittbulls aren't bad dogs! Pittbulls aren't bad dogs!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, they're awesome dogs, sometimes they just try to eat your baby and end up castrating it.

-stew-
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Another thing. If a woman is deemed to be an unfit mother and has her child (or children) taken from her, why is she allowed to have more kids? That said, I believe the crux of this incidents blame lies on the dog.

BAD LS1
04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Who'd a thunk Pits were going to be bashed, any fucking dog that may be getting jealous over a baby could act like this. Dumb asses.

i have a pit mix and she is one of the sweetest dogs ive ever known. Just like kids, its all in how they are brought up.

Anakonda69
04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
pit's are fine when they are trained right. just like any dog. how about the owners are morons as well as the mother. she is obviously not fit for children if she already had 2 taken from her.

BAD LS1
04-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Ha didnt notice two got pulled before, thats precious. Im sure the dumb bitch prob packed the kids diaper full of sandwich meat too at that rate!

Prince Valiant
04-14-2010, 12:10 PM
<<<-speechless.

88Nightmare
04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
all the pitbulls I've encountered that were owned by friends were some of the coolest dogs ever. Very energetic and sweet. Sometimes they didn't know their own strength, but that frequently goes hand in hand with any larger breed dog. I say its the parents fault and the owner of the dogs.

OxmanWI
04-14-2010, 01:25 PM
There's a couple breed of dog that I trust and a couple that I don't, that's another story. The fault is the dumb bitch in this one.

Karps TA
04-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe this is just natures way of getting control of a situation. It's obvious that this family probably breeded one too many times to begin with. This helps ensure it ends. Think of it as spring pruning of a family tree that shouldn't be allowed to grow.

-stew-
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't buy the "it's how they are raised" line. Every time a story like this with pitts comes up it's the same shit. "It was the sweetest dog in the world until it decided to eat Soandso's face!"

Why don't we hear these same stories about Goldens, Labs, Dalmatians, Airedales, Wiemeriemers, Schnauzers, Shepards, Dobermans, Rottweilers? Or mutts for that matter. I know the news sensationalizes everything, but the only attacks that make national headlines seem to be pitts. I don't think it's malice towards the breed. Stereotypes are usually based in fact.

CATNHAT
04-14-2010, 02:45 PM
http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/attacks.htm

Graphic images of the family Pit Bull tearing off faces. But I am sure they were good dogs though. So were the people and pets those dogs killed.

I also believe so called "mother" should succumb the same fate as her innocent child. That would prevent her from breeding at least.

97z2801ss
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't buy the "it's how they are raised" line. Every time a story like this with pitts comes up it's the same shit. "It was the sweetest dog in the world until it decided to eat Soandso's face!"

Why don't we hear these same stories about Goldens, Labs, Dalmatians, Airedales, Wiemeriemers, Schnauzers, Shepards, Dobermans, Rottweilers? Or mutts for that matter. I know the news sensationalizes everything, but the only attacks that make national headlines seem to be pitts. I don't think it's malice towards the breed. Stereotypes are usually based in fact.

I agree, my aunts knee cap got bit off by thier neighbors pit while she was walking to her mail box, she is forever in a wheel chair and has a stack of bills so high because of the neighbor and the dog. I think overall they are mean dogs unless someone takes the time to train them. My friends dog did the same thing ohh shes so sweet till she decided to hop the fence and bite a runners ankle.

Rocket Power
04-14-2010, 02:52 PM

Dobermans and Rotts used to have the same stuff said about them when I was a kid. Now its pits, another 10-20 years it'll be another breed.

Prince Valiant
04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Why don't we hear these same stories about Goldens, Labs, Dalmatians, Airedales, Wiemeriemers, Schnauzers, Shepards, Dobermans, Rottweilers?
Maybe we do, and you don't listen?

"Ax Men" star duaghter killed by family Rottweilers (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35650849)

This list here (http://americaagainstbsl.tripod.com/fatal_dog_attacks.html) shows that many (most) aren't pit bulls, but are of the breeds you list above including airedales, labs, and dobbies...including some docile breeds like mastiffs, etc. Heck, on that list there is even a case of a small West Highland White Terrier being implicated in a fatal attack.

Lots of breeds are implicated in attacking and injuring young family members...this is why it's you always supervise your childrens interactions with dogs no matter the breed. Young children aren't adept at picking up the signs a dog might be giving off to "back off" or "Is that a challenge?" A dog may posture, growl, slightly bare it's teeth as a warning, while the child is oblivious...and doesn't find out until it's too late. It's just that large powerful breeds can obviously inflict fatal injuries far quicker to a young child and easier than many other dogs.

Yes, some breeds ARE more prone to attack than others...but not simply because they are a "pit bull" or Doggo Argentino, etc...but because some breeders look for the aggressive traits and breeds for that. Now, responsible breeders don't do this regardless of what they're breeding, be it a maltese or a pit bull. But, it's those breeders that are out there doing this, they aren't selecting aggressive traits in malteses...but in dogs such as pits, rotty's, bull mastiffs, etc...IE, in dogs that the aggressiveness pay off in, be it for fighting, protection, and in some cases hunting (specifically bear and boar).

But a pit, or virtually any breed (*excepting hybrids imo) are bound to be generally good sociable dogs if raised/bred well. Any dog not raised/bred is capable of inflincting injury, and if they are reasonably sized, capable of inflicting fatal injuries.

Buy from a responsible breeder, socialize your dog often with an array of dogs, children, and people, MAKE THE DOG ACCEPT POOR BEHAVIOR FROM CHILDREN (ie, tail tugging, hugging, crowding, staring, no food/toy gaurding), and always supervise children and your dogs interactions, and I don't care what kind of dog you have...you'll never have an incidenct as awful as this, much less a fatal one.

OxmanWI
04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/attacks.htm

Graphic images of the family Pit Bull tearing off faces. But I am sure they were good dogs though. So were the people and pets those dogs killed.

I also believe so called "mother" should succumb the same fate as her innocent child. That would prevent her from breeding at least.

If a pit or other mean ass dog ever tried to bite me I'd fucking kill the thing with my bare hands in self defense. I can't stand to see or hear shit like that.

Yooformula
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I was attacked by shepards when I was younger and my neighbor had her face torn off by a shepard as well. I've had a 150lb great dane sink his teeth into my hand once because he smelled the blood from a wound. Imo aggression comes from untrained dogs responding to stimuli not just a bad breed. Knowing that most pitbulls arent trained properly with kids, I do keep an extra eye on them or just keep my kids away from them. I am with Ox' on killing a dog though, I was trained by a trainer on how to remove a dog from a child or a person and either method I know would either kill the dog or severely maim it. Regardless, its a shame that a parent should know how to stop a charging dog because of idiot owners but in this case I blame the parent. Noway in hell I would have left an infant alone with ANY dog let alone a pair of pits.

Z28Envy
04-14-2010, 07:55 PM
I see in todays Sheboygan press that a pit bull bit an 8 year old in the face. Wonder though if it was a small dog or a lab if they would even report it in the paper. Just makes me wonder if they report it because it was a pit bull and the reputation they have.

CATNHAT
04-14-2010, 08:57 PM
I was attacked by shepards when I was younger and my neighbor had her face torn off by a shepard as well. I've had a 150lb great dane sink his teeth into my hand once because he smelled the blood from a wound. Imo aggression comes from untrained dogs responding to stimuli not just a bad breed. Knowing that most pitbulls arent trained properly with kids, I do keep an extra eye on them or just keep my kids away from them. I am with Ox' on killing a dog though, I was trained by a trainer on how to remove a dog from a child or a person and either method I know would either kill the dog or severely maim it. Regardless, its a shame that a parent should know how to stop a charging dog because of idiot owners but in this case I blame the parent. Noway in hell I would have left an infant alone with ANY dog let alone a pair of pits.

Its amazing you would trust any dog after those stories. What were the techniques you were taught to get a dog off of you/someone? I just always assumed you go after their throat choke-fore arm shiver-knee to jaw-eye gouge? Never experienced anything like that before.

OxmanWI
04-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Its amazing you would trust any dog after those stories. What were the techniques you were taught to get a dog off of you/someone? I just always assumed you go after their throat choke-fore arm shiver-knee to jaw-eye gouge? Never experienced anything like that before.

When I was on my deployment in Kuwait I took a 4 hour K9 self defense class. If you can flee and get high, call for help where the dog can not climb after you, that's your best bet. The risk of having a dog bite you in the first place is not the risk you want to take. Does the animal have its shots?

But, If the dog has you cornered, you can use a firearm, knife, pepper spray, anything hard to hit them with on the head, hitting the nose causing a airway blockage, pull on the ear, gouging out the eyes, twisting the paw, pulling the front legs wide (apart) will damage the chest area, grabbing the collar and trying to maneuver the dog where you can put your knee on it's neck and apply body weight to coke off the airway.

One technique, if you see a dog coming at you, take off your shoe and use it as a "bite barrier" so they will go for the shoe. Then you can grab their collar and do what I mentioned above. If the dog doesn't have a collar, or one that's loose, you're going to have a harder time getting control of the animal.

michelle
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Stupid parent.

If they are going to put the dogs to sleep, I hope they have a big enough dose for that "mother".

Anakonda69
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM

wow that is a naive statement. only dog i have ever been bitten by is a poodle. i'm sure there are some that have mental issues just like with humans. no matter the training they will have anger issues. but for the most part its based on the owners inability to train the dog correctly.

Z28Envy
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
When i worked for Spee-Dee delivery I would get dogs coming at me all the time. It was usually the little dogs that would actually bite me. Never anything that would draw blood but enough to want to soccer kick the little fuck over the house. Most of the time the owners wouldn't even give a shit. The only time in the 3 yrs I worked there that I was chased back to my van was by a German Shepard. I pulled up to a farm house and I could see the owner sitting in the living room. He didn't get up but could see that I was there. I got out of the van and started heading to the door and the dog came charging from the front door and was obviously not coming to say hi. I turned around and ran back to the van and jumped in and slammed the door as the dog jumped up on the door and was going nuts. I looked toward the house the the guy was still sitting there watching and didn't even get up or anything, just sat there and watched. I was so fucking pissed that I started to leave and rolled the window down and chucked his package out at the end of the drive way.

Never heard a word about it and never had to go back there.

hrsp
04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Pittbulls aren't bad dogs! Pittbulls aren't bad dogs!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, they're awesome dogs, sometimes they just try to eat your baby and end up castrating it.

another ignorant post from you...:loser

Like others have said IT DOES DEPEND ON THE OWNER...
i have had so called "bad Breed" dogs and have never had any issues with aggression from them...any dog can be mean...the mother was a fucking retard in this story...i truly feel bad for the child here...

CATNHAT
04-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Are any of the dog defenders remembering that a poor innocent child was mamed in this case? Holy shit! His TESTICLES were removed by a fucking dog! A FUCKING DOG!!

How would you feel if a relative of yours had their testicles forceably removed by anything! Or if you did!

Got Damn.............................................. ...

flyin_blue_egg
04-14-2010, 11:58 PM
ALL pitbulls and deadbeat parents should be put to sleep.

it's people like you that give pits a bad name. my cousin has a TWO pits AND a one year old daughter. she has NEVER had any problems with the pits. this isn't the dogs fault and more then it's the owners fault. a lot of dogs are mean by nature (remember they evolved from wolves) so it's up to the owner of said dog to train it to be nice.

Philly-O
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
i have nothing bad to say about the breed because i have friends who have pits and they are some of the best behaved dogs i have ever met. that said, i don't think i could own one with a young child in the house. still no excuse for bad parenting, this all could have been avoided if the child was being properly supervised. i mean how hard is it to carry your car seat bound child in the room with you?

hrsp
04-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Are any of the dog defenders remembering that a poor innocent child was mamed in this case? Holy shit! His TESTICLES were removed by a fucking dog! A FUCKING DOG!!

How would you feel if a relative of yours had their testicles forceably removed by anything! Or if you did!

READ MY UN EDITED POST ABOVE YouRS....

flyin_blue_egg
04-15-2010, 12:06 AM

i'm not defending the actions of the particular dogs in this case...i'm just saying that it could've been any dog..

hell when i was in high school during a baseball game, i went to get a foul ball and as a walked past a dobbie that was on a lease to get the ball it jumped up and bite me in the back. just to show that it was the owners fault, he then turned around and tried to leave before the police showed up (as i acutally had to get stiches to close it up) he knew his dog was mean and he did nothing about it.

Yooformula
04-15-2010, 12:44 AM
But, If the dog has you cornered, you can use a firearm, knife, pepper spray, anything hard to hit them with on the head, hitting the nose causing a airway blockage, pull on the ear, gouging out the eyes, twisting the paw, pulling the front legs wide (apart) will damage the chest area, grabbing the collar and trying to maneuver the dog where you can put your knee on it's neck and apply body weight to coke off the airway.

One technique, if you see a dog coming at you, take off your shoe and use it as a "bite barrier" so they will go for the shoe. Then you can grab their collar and do what I mentioned above. If the dog doesn't have a collar, or one that's loose, you're going to have a harder time getting control of the animal.

alot of what he said but if a bite is imminent, or you have to pry a dog off of someone else, try to grab the snout or head and TWIST down towards the floor hard and fast. NO dog can resist the abrupt movement of their head and their body will follow in whatever direction you move their head. Its painful as fuck for a dog and if you find yourself trying it out once on your dog, the dog will cry like crazy! I tested that once and had to use it and each time it worked, I have also grabbed the throat of a dog when it forgot to stop playing and began twisting. Punching a dog between the eyes on top of its head hard will damm near drop almost any dog or at least startle it long enough for you to gtfo. Then of course there is the eye gouge, punch to the ear area and pull of the top jaw up.

Z28Envy
04-15-2010, 12:54 AM
How many can say they have had a cat attack them? We had a cat that was very friendly and playful. We decided to get another kitten so we brought it home. We had it for awhile the our older cat wasn't mean to it or anything but didn't really want much to do with it. One night we decided to give the kitten a bath so we took it into the bathroom and started to wash it. The kitten was crying like most cats do when you put them in water. Well all of a sudden or other cat comes running into the bathroom and grabbed me right around my ankle and wrapped his whole body around my leg basically and started to bite my ankle hard and claw me at the same time. I could feel it but I was so pissed that it didn't hurt at all while he was doing it. I tried to pull it off but he wouldn't let go so I hit it twice in the stomache before it took off out into the living room. I proceeded to run after in with all intentions of ending its life right there. My fiance came running out because she knew I was on a mission. She calmed me down enough to not start it on fire and send it flying out the door.

After I calmed down I knew it was just trying to protect the kitten and I got over it. He still was the coolest cat we've had. Just weird to get attacked by a damb cat.

-stew-
04-15-2010, 01:17 AM
another ignorant post from you...:loser

Like others have said IT DOES DEPEND ON THE OWNER...
i have had so called "bad Breed" dogs and have never had any issues with aggression from them...any dog can be mean...the mother was a fucking retard in this story...i truly feel bad for the child here...

So leaving a child in the same room as any dog is bad parenting? At what age is it okay for a child to be left in a room with a dog? Is it ever safe for anyone to be in a room with a dog?

My beef with pitts isn't that they are mean, it's that they are unpredictable. I've met a few, they were nice enough dogs. I've also certainly met and known dogs of other breeds that were fucking mean and should have been shot (one was,) but they were mean, shitty, asshole dogs. Always. That's how they were. It seems when ever you read about a pittbull attacking, it was always a really nice, sweet dog. Until it went ballistic.

Prince Valiant
04-15-2010, 01:33 AM
So leaving a child in the same room as any dog is bad parenting? A young child, certainly.

At what age is it okay for a child to be left in a room with a dog? Is it ever safe for anyone to be in a room with a dog? Generally 8 and older. Some kids might clue in younger, some never...

it's that they are unpredictable. Actually dogs aren't generally unpredictable...dogs virtually always give clues as to what they are about to do. People who said they didn't see it coming just weren't paying attention or were unaware of what signals the dog was sending.

The problem with children is they usually, through no fault of their own, are oblivious to the signs that the dog is putting out that they don't like what's going on.

And yes, in cases like these it's always the parents fault.

1. Parents should never leave their kids unsupervised with dogs.
2. Parents should always make sure that the dog is completely submissive to the child, no matter the child's age.
3. Parents should also teach the kid that going for a dogs toy, being around when they eat, cornering a dog, staring at a dog, hugging dogs, hitting dogs is always asking for trouble and should never be done.
4. Parents should also recognize their dogs own tendency to be dominant or submissive with other animals, and realize that their dog might be sweet to them, but if it shows dominant traits to other animals, it might try to assert itself against the child.
5. Parents should also recognize fear-aggression in their dogs...and understand that it's a highly dangerous situation to have a child a a fear biter in the same household.

Yooformula
04-15-2010, 01:43 AM
As a dog owner and parent I completely agree with Chris! Imo his points are dead on!

OxmanWI
04-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Just watch out for the ones that like to chew!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw9.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw10.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw11.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw12.jpg

CATNHAT
04-15-2010, 07:46 AM
it's people like you that give pits a bad name. my cousin has a TWO pits AND a one year old daughter. she has NEVER had any problems with the pits.

I think dogs that KILL people and mame others and kill pets might have something to do with the breed getting a bad reputation.

I hope for your cousins daughters sake the dogs are as good as you say they are.

Waver
04-15-2010, 10:02 AM
There are several things wrong with this. One, the dogs wernt trained right. Just because they are a pit dosnt mean shit, any dog can go ape shit. 2nd, she was already proven as an unfit mother, who the hell in their right mind thought it was okay for her to be taking care of a baby. If you read the article, it says she was getting dressed while her friend was in the shower. Lets see, you take the two and one could guess what they were doing. Congrats, because you are a dirty whore and wanted to fuck some dude, your son, who you should of been watching (or at least in a safe place) will be scarred for life..........for that, the bitch, not the dogs, should be put to sleep

flyin_blue_egg
04-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I think dogs that KILL people and mame others and kill pets might have something to do with the breed getting a bad reputation.

I hope for your cousins daughters sake the dogs are as good as you say they are.

i have no idea really as i've never met them. But unlike a lot of pit owners she walkes hers atleast once (most of the time twice a day) and also takes it to the specialized pit bull training classes. Plus she works from home so she has a lot of time to train/get to know the dogs.

-stew-
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM

This.

-stew-
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
There are several things wrong with this. One, the dogs wernt trained right. Just because they are a pit dosnt mean shit, any dog can go ape shit. 2nd, she was already proven as an unfit mother, who the hell in their right mind thought it was okay for her to be taking care of a baby. If you read the article, it says she was getting dressed while her friend was in the shower. Lets see, you take the two and one could guess what they were doing. Congrats, because you are a dirty whore and wanted to fuck some dude, your son, who you should of been watching (or at least in a safe place) will be scarred for life..........for that, the bitch, not the dogs, should be put to sleep

There are several things wrong with your statement. One, you don't know jack shit about the training of these dogs. The only info given about the dogs is breed. Two, having a friend shower while you get dressed doesn't make you a whore. We don't even know if the friend is male or female. It says she was in a bedroom getting dressed, it's very possible the child was still in view while she was in the bedroom.

Lets pretend it is a "poorly trained dog" and not a dog that is mentally unstable. What is an 18 month old in a car seat gonna do to make the dog attack it? I can see a growl, a snap, maybe a bite on the hand and arm of the infant if it was tugging on a tail, ear, ect. That makes sense. But a full on attack that would get to the groin of a child in a car seat? I don't think a dog that "poorly trained" would be capable of co-habitation with humans. The dog would maul you when ever you made it do something it didn't want to. And if it's a "poorly trained dog" it's never gonna do what you tell it. You're gonna have to put your foot in his ass to get him back in the house, but it's "poor training" is gonna make it react to that foot by eating it.

Daytonapacecar959
04-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Just watch out for the ones that like to chew!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw9.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw10.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw11.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/oxman64/Kuwait/kw12.jpg

I've got one of those dogs.He's trained so that the ONLY time he attacks someone is when i'm in danger and i give the command,and thankfully i haven't needed him to.He's an awesome dog around people,alittle shy and he's great with little kids, would never harm one, he would lay by it's side to protect him/her.

pOrk
04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Having a fiance as a dog trainer I'm not going to comment as the dog haters in this thread clearly don't have a clue.

Doing some research on dog behavior would surprise a LOT of you, and its not breed specific.

Rocket Power
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
All pitbills are bad, like all Toyotas accelerate through crowds of people.

CATNHAT
04-15-2010, 04:39 PM
All pitbills are bad, like all Toyotas accelerate through crowds of people.

:rolf:rolf:rolf

Here is a video of another fine family friend in action. I am convinced it is not the breed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mef5uvKP_4Q&feature=related

flyin_blue_egg
04-15-2010, 05:32 PM
:rolf:rolf:rolf

Here is a video of another fine family friend in action. I am convinced it is not the breed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mef5uvKP_4Q&feature=related

just bc there's a bunch of those on youtube doesn't mean it's the breed....what it means is that the fvcking media of today sensationalizes every instance of a pitbull attacking a human to make people think that all pits are bad.

pOrk
04-15-2010, 06:01 PM
I've seen and heard lots of news of black people shooting and killing people, that means all black people are BAD! Lets put all black people in jail!

BigSnailBuick
04-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Amen!

CATNHAT
04-15-2010, 08:27 PM
just bc there's a bunch of those on youtube doesn't mean it's the breed....what it means is that the fvcking media of today sensationalizes every instance of a pitbull attacking a human to make people think that all pits are bad.

If it bleeds, it leads.............

Sensationalizing the story of a dog, that happens to be a pit bull, tearing off his owners arm and shredding the other apendages and you want to blame it on the media?? Even the Vietnam vet Police officer said it was the most horrific scene he has ever seen.

No wonder this country is fucked--most people want to blame something other than the responsible party--WTF!!

Do you dog defenders know what the hell ACCOUNTABILITY means?

Prince Valiant
04-15-2010, 10:11 PM
It's funny, because YES, we know what accountability means. We are the ones saying who's fault it actually is...the parent/dog owner.

Sorry, but there is more than a few dog deaths caused by breeds other than pit bulls...I guess what cracks me up is that those that want to disparage pit bulls as a whole are completely unable to deal with that fact by itself.

Dogs aren't simply little stupid people. They don't relate to humans as humans relate to humans...they communicate via different means. Experienced owners understand this...children, almost by definition, cannot have that experience by virtue of their age. A good owner mitigates this by supervising child/dog interactions.

Virtually any breed presents a danger to a child...in a dog pack, an warning sign would warrant a response by another dog...and act of submission or to end the behavior that warranted the warning sign. Children don't know this.

In a dog pack, if a warning sign progressed to a snap...again, usually the less dominant dog submits...maybe assumes a submissive posture. Children don't know this.

In a pack, if one dog does not immediately submit, it'll escalate to a fight...but since the child does not understand submission, nor what's happening, the "fight" from certain breeds can lead to fatal injuries.

Breed is of some importance, true...but only to the extent that a reasonably sized dog breed (30+lbs, IE most dogs) is capable of killing a small child. This size range isn't limited to pit bulls.

This is why dogs we normally think of as docile and "good with children" all have been implicated in attacks:

http://americaagainstbsl.tripod.com/fatal_dog_attacks.html

Great Danes, St. Benards, Mastiffs, Labs, husky's, Malamutes and Airedales have all been implicated in these attacks.

Again, obtained from an irresponsible breeder, any large dog can certainly be a hazard...and pit's have no shortage of people who breed their dogs to the most aggressive nature. I would NOT own such a dog if I had children...and certainly wouldn't leave a child alone with such a dog.

But, a well bred pit bull/American stafordshire? Hell yes I'd have one. Would I leave it alone with a young child or a child with little or no experience with a dog? Oh no...but that's true for any dog. Heck, I wouldn't leave a young child with a Yorkie simply because the child presents a danger to the dog.

It's pretty simple...it's all really does come down to the dog owner. Every time.

hrsp
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Another thread showing how ignorant some people are....

OWNERS SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THERE DOGS...very simple...
but to say a specific dog breed is "bad" is just as ignorant as saying a certain race of people are bad....thats whats wrong with the world...people have SO MANY preconceived notions about things that they AUTOMATICALLY assume shit...very comical and very sad....

Waver
04-15-2010, 10:51 PM
There are several things wrong with your statement. One, you don't know jack shit about the training of these dogs. The only info given about the dogs is breed. Two, having a friend shower while you get dressed doesn't make you a whore. We don't even know if the friend is male or female. It says she was in a bedroom getting dressed, it's very possible the child was still in view while she was in the bedroom.

Lets pretend it is a "poorly trained dog" and not a dog that is mentally unstable. What is an 18 month old in a car seat gonna do to make the dog attack it? I can see a growl, a snap, maybe a bite on the hand and arm of the infant if it was tugging on a tail, ear, ect. That makes sense. But a full on attack that would get to the groin of a child in a car seat? I don't think a dog that "poorly trained" would be capable of co-habitation with humans. The dog would maul you when ever you made it do something it didn't want to. And if it's a "poorly trained dog" it's never gonna do what you tell it. You're gonna have to put your foot in his ass to get him back in the house, but it's "poor training" is gonna make it react to that foot by eating it.

I am afraid you might of misunderstood me stew. When I had my huskey, he had a issue with chewing up everything. I took me a little bit, but he got over it with in two weeks, of working with him. Now granted, a Huskey and a pit are two different breeds of dogs, but I am assuming that the training, starting when they are pups, is damn close. Demeanor of the animal plays a part, however, if you put the time into the animal, it can be trained not to attack out of turn. In this case the animal attacked.
As far as the mother being an unfit whore, come on Stew, you wernt born yesterday. Put two and two together. It is insinuated in the article, they arnt going to come out and say it. Why else would someone who dosnt live there be changing while their "friend" is in the shower. Plus, if she was just getting changed, they would of said so, instead of getting dressed. If I was just getting changed, my baby would be in the room, with me, not out in another room......She was fucking, plain and simple

PureSound15
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
I've met some pretty awesome pits in my life - but there's still something about that breed that inspires aggression.

flyin_blue_egg
04-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I've seen and heard lots of news of black people shooting and killing people, that means all black people are BAD! Lets put all black people in jail!

here you go catnhat, make a thread about this to, bc using the thinking you are in this thread this is also true and should be carried out immediatly. now i know you're going to come out a say well that bull sh!t (which it is). but so is your arguement on pits.

flyin_blue_egg
04-16-2010, 12:17 AM
If it bleeds, it leads.............

Sensationalizing the story of a dog, that happens to be a pit bull, tearing off his owners arm and shredding the other apendages and you want to blame it on the media?? Even the Vietnam vet Police officer said it was the most horrific scene he has ever seen.

No wonder this country is fucked--most people want to blame something other than the responsible party--WTF!!

and yes i know what accountability means....but with a dog the accountability is with the OWNER!!!!!!!!!!

as i've already said if a dog is raised untrained it's natural aggressive instincts will begin to set in. so again it's up to the owner to train the dog properly.

and just look at the law when it comes to stuff like this. i bet the owner will massive tickets as will the mother. yes the dog got put down but i've always said that's an overreaction. with that thinking if someone kills another person out of fear/aggression etc. they should be killed immediatly bc they're more then likely going to do it again.

CATNHAT
04-16-2010, 08:23 AM

Comparing the dislike for a breed of DOG to racism is just plain foolish. I guess I place a higher regard for human life and well being over the reputation of a vicious breed of dog. I am not even sure how one equates the two???

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

-stew-
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Dogs aren't simply little stupid people. They don't relate to humans as humans relate to humans...they communicate via different means. Experienced owners understand this...children, almost by definition, cannot have that experience by virtue of their age. A good owner mitigates this by supervising child/dog interactions.

Virtually any breed presents a danger to a child...in a dog pack, an warning sign would warrant a response by another dog...and act of submission or to end the behavior that warranted the warning sign. Children don't know this.

In a dog pack, if a warning sign progressed to a snap...again, usually the less dominant dog submits...maybe assumes a submissive posture. Children don't know this.

In a pack, if one dog does not immediately submit, it'll escalate to a fight...but since the child does not understand submission, nor what's happening, the "fight" from certain breeds can lead to fatal injuries.

Are you stating dogs look at the humans they live with as members of the pack? That's how I've always understood the relationship to work, I'm trying to see if we are on the same page, at least on this point.

flyin_blue_egg
04-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Are you stating dogs look at the humans they live with as members of the pack? That's how I've always understood the relationship to work, I'm trying to see if we are on the same page, at least on this point.

please tell me you agree with this. as it is true...i watch a lot of animal planet. if you've ever watched ceaser milian this is all he teaches basically. that you as the owner need to be the "alpha" and you have to make sure your dogs know it.

Voodoo Chick
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Personally, I don't like pitt bulls....I think they are ugly and unpredictable, and wouldn't allow one in my house for ANY reason, and I'd sooner pet a tarantula......BUT, it is up to the parent to keep an eye on the child. I don't know wtf people use for brains anymore......imagine how that kid's life is gonna be!!

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
This is a old story the kid is all grown up now. Sorry bout that Myles

pOrk
04-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Comparing the dislike for a breed of DOG to racism is just plain foolish. I guess I place a higher regard for human life and well being over the reputation of a vicious breed of dog. I am not even sure how one equates the two???

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Its the exact same thing, we are all animals whether you choose to believe that or not. African Americans, Italians, Irish, Korean, all different BREEDS of people. Pitbull, German Shepard, Rott, Corgi, all different BREEDS of dogs.

That, is the same. Humans have pack mentality somewhat similar to dogs, its called peer pressure. Dogs, on the other hand, use a MUCH different warning system. then people do. Common sense would tell you this if you've even been around dogs.

I can agree to disagree, and I don't have any pitts in my near future so I honestly don't know why I am arguing the point. Probably the same reason that you would argue if I was a racist, it is in fact one in the same. Never the less, we should grill up some brats on my new grill :thumbsup

CATNHAT
04-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Its the exact same thing, we are all animals whether you choose to believe that or not. African Americans, Italians, Irish, Korean, all different BREEDS of people. Pitbull, German Shepard, Rott, Corgi, all different BREEDS of dogs.

That, is the same. Humans have pack mentality somewhat similar to dogs, its called peer pressure. Dogs, on the other hand, use a MUCH different warning system. then people do. Common sense would tell you this if you've even been around dogs.

I can agree to disagree, and I don't have any pitts in my near future so I honestly don't know why I am arguing the point. Probably the same reason that you would argue if I was a racist, it is in fact one in the same. Never the less, we should grill up some brats on my new grill :thumbsup

One major difference: A dog is replaceable, a human life is not.

I like the Johnsonville Hot Italians, boiled in water, beer, and onions. Then put em on the grill, put some sweet baby rays barbecue on em and :drool:!

Prince Valiant
04-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Are you stating dogs look at the humans they live with as members of the pack? That's how I've always understood the relationship to work, I'm trying to see if we are on the same page, at least on this point.Yes absolutely.

But since humans tend to anthropomorphize dogs, and not understand how dogs communicate within the pack, they see unpredictability wherein the dogs were often giving plenty of signs of impending doom.

It doesn't happen at once either...take my little gizmo, a bedlington terrier. Gizmo doesn't always, but he'll often give a little growl if being moved or picked up from a spot he doesn't want to be...it's so slight that it can easily go unnoticed...

Now, if I didn't catch that, or simply let the behavior go on, it emboldens him...it says that he can now challenge his position in the pack...move up in the hierarchy. What's REALLY bad is when owners try to pick up their dog/move it/etc and they get a warning sign/growl and the owner not only allows the behavior, but then allows the dog to just be...IE, if I tried to move gizmo, he growls, I let him stay...then you've rewarded the bad behaviour, making it more likely to see the bad behaviour in the future...and in many cases, elevated examples of bad behaviour.

If the challenge for a higher spot on the hierarchy came from a yorkie to a 30 y/o guy...well, that's not much of a threat. The yorkie isn't capable of killing to get to that spot, but is certainly capable of seeing himself as "top dog." If a 3 y/o kid is challenged by any number of of large breeds, including pits, well, it can get ugly.

That's why parents/owners have to know these things...the dog wasn't doing anything unnatural, nor was there anything unnatrual about the dog. It was doing what's acceptable within the pack.

Dogs don't have the capacity, regardless of breed, to understand that we're different species that communicate differently (they understand we're different...go to any dog park and see that dogs react to dogs and humans differently). But that's why we have to better understand them...

I don't criticize people who won't have a pit bull...imo, it's a dog that does take a more experienced owner, one that understands how dogs think/pack.

That said, it's still not the breed that's the problem...it's an owner who got a particular dog for the wrong reasons, let the dog exhibit behaviours that encouraged dominance challenges, left the child unsupervised/dog uncontrolled. People think it's because of a some sort of breed trait that these dogs snap...but really, it's not. In virtually every case of an attack, even unprovoked, there is a litany of things that occured that made the attack predictable.

CATNHAT
04-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Yes absolutely.

But since humans tend to anthropomorphize dogs, and not understand how dogs communicate within the pack, they see unpredictability wherein the dogs were often giving plenty of signs of impending doom.

It doesn't happen at once either...take my little gizmo, a bedlington terrier. Gizmo doesn't always, but he'll often give a little growl if being moved or picked up from a spot he doesn't want to be...it's so slight that it can easily go unnoticed...

Now, if I didn't catch that, or simply let the behavior go on, it emboldens him...it says that he can now challenge his position in the pack...move up in the hierarchy. What's REALLY bad is when owners try to pick up their dog/move it/etc and they get a warning sign/growl and the owner not only allows the behavior, but then allows the dog to just be...IE, if I tried to move gizmo, he growls, I let him stay...then you've rewarded the bad behaviour, making it more likely to see the bad behaviour in the future...and in many cases, elevated examples of bad behaviour.

If the challenge for a higher spot on the hierarchy came from a yorkie to a 30 y/o guy...well, that's not much of a threat. The yorkie isn't capable of killing to get to that spot, but is certainly capable of seeing himself as "top dog." If a 3 y/o kid is challenged by any number of of large breeds, including pits, well, it can get ugly.

That's why parents/owners have to know these things...the dog wasn't doing anything unnatural, nor was there anything unnatrual about the dog. It was doing what's acceptable within the pack.

Dogs don't have the capacity, regardless of breed, to understand that we're different species that communicate differently (they understand we're different...go to any dog park and see that dogs react to dogs and humans differently). But that's why we have to better understand them...

I don't criticize people who won't have a pit bull...imo, it's a dog that does take a more experienced owner, one that understands how dogs think/pack.

That said, it's still not the breed that's the problem...it's an owner who got a particular dog for the wrong reasons, let the dog exhibit behaviours that encouraged dominance challenges, left the child unsupervised/dog uncontrolled. People think it's because of a some sort of breed trait that these dogs snap...but really, it's not. In virtually every case of an attack, even unprovoked, there is a litany of things that occured that made the attack predictable.

Hey PV, you dont happen to be a mailman that hangs out at a bar named Cheers do ya?:thumbsup

-stew-
04-16-2010, 06:09 PM
I as well believe dogs look at people (the owner/ family specificly) as pack members. That combined with the pits heritige as a fighting dog, and regognized dog aggression is why feel they are they way they are. A fighting dog needs to be congenial with people in order to be safely handled and also needs to be able to be hyperaggressive the instant put into the ring. I feel these traits are deep in the genetics of the dog, with the congeiality taking the forefront. Unfortunatly the hyper aggression lurks lethal in the shadows.

Prince Valiant
04-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Hey PV, you dont happen to be a mailman that hangs out at a bar named Cheers do ya?:thumbsupThat's actually a good one.

Have you figured out why the majority of dog related deaths are NOT by pit bulls? Even though pit's and pit type dogs are one of the more popular breeds?

I as well believe dogs look at people (the owner/ family specificly) as pack members. That combined with the pits heritige as a fighting dog, and regognized dog aggression is why feel they are they way they are. A fighting dog needs to be congenial with people in order to be safely handled and also needs to be able to be hyperaggressive the instant put into the ring. I feel these traits are deep in the genetics of the dog, with the congeiality taking the forefront. Unfortunatly the hyper aggression lurks lethal in the shadows.
No responsible breeder breeds for fighting pits though...since dog fighting is illegal. Well bred Pits (....or rotties, dobbies, GSD's, Presa Canario, Dogo Argentino, bull mastiff, boxer, etc) will not be hyper-aggressive, but may be defensive (another reason not to let children play with dogs alone, as strange children might amp up the protection drive around their own pack/family members).

An example of such would be the genial bulldog...these used to have a reputation for viciousness a good century or so ago...but once "sports" such as bull baiting and what not was banned, breeders strove for good pets...and now there is hardly a breed with as sweet a demeanor as the bulldog...in part because there are no backyard breeders breeding for a status dog, like pit's can be in some quarters.

But, there are some breeders who do strive for to breed for a more aggressive fighting type pit bull. Or, they breed just for the strongest/biggest without giving a damn about personality...leading to a less than ideal family dog. But that's not the fault of the breed...that's on the breeder.

But even in those circumstances, dogs from breeders like this can have a good life, even around kids. It just takes a particular owner who is assertive and knowledgeable enough to cope with such a dog...and of course, one who realizes what the dog needs (IE, exercise, training, structure, and most importantly, supervision).