PDA

View Full Version : what are you guys using to tune your gtps

Kory 88Iroc lt1
06-09-2004, 08:33 PM
I was wondering what software you gtp guys are using to log and tune your cars. My dad has an 01 and an 04 gtp and my buddy has a 3800 supercharged motor in his fiero. I believe his motor is a 97. We are looking into tuning for his car because the motor is out of a bonniville and doesn't have the performance computer program.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kory

Crawlin
06-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Kory, i don't know what they are using, but i know what I'm using and they have applications for those vehicles listed. it's a scan tool and an edit tool in one package.

www.hptuners.com

here's the link to show all vehicles listed...

http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

cycle down and you will see Pontiac v6 vehicle applications.

Cryptic
06-09-2004, 09:31 PM
I have a re-programmed PCM from grandprixstore.com. Not even sure what is out there for tuning yourself. I thought SLP was going to put out something for the longest time, but I dont think that ever happened.

Brian98GTP
06-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Go to www.zzperformance.com ... They have what you need...

This page of the website has all the electrical gadgets to adjust timing, air/fuel, etc.... The ICCU is the SH!T!! (but you need the PCM with adjustable timing in order to adjust the timing...)
http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/products/products_electrical.htm

Orrrrr, if you want to adjust parameters/scan, whatever, there's a new product coming out in a matter of days...

Here's a link that shows a description of it...
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1481202&p=&mpage=1&tmode=1&smode=1&key=&language=single
Scroll about 1/2 way down to a post by the GRINCH...
This equipment is the CATS ASS !!

Hope this helps... :3gears:

SLOWC5
06-10-2004, 11:41 AM
90% of all the tuning can be done with looking at your O2's and KR values, I didn't get into PCM tuning until I was into the 12's, all can be done with plugs and tuning, and pulley sizes.

JEFF

Kory 88Iroc lt1
06-10-2004, 04:56 PM
My buddy needs tuning to remove the speed limiter from the ecm. it is shutting his engine off before the end of the track. he still ran 13.19 at 97 on tuesday night. rolling throught the traps after the engine hit the speed limiter.
Thanks for the help.
Kory

12secondGTP
06-10-2004, 05:33 PM
The stock PCM is limited at over 110mph so it will not shut him off at the end. Start with a DHP pcm and go from there. They can custom tune your pcm the more you mod it. I have timing unlocked in mine so I can go to +6 advanced. Right now getting an ICCU from ZZP is about as far as you can go. This will allow you to play with the A/F ratio adn add timing. Untill ZZP releases there new editor thats about as much as you can do.

otherwise go over to www.clubgp.com You will learn the most over there about tuning the SC 3800

Brent

Neal Steffek
06-10-2004, 05:59 PM
My buddy needs tuning to remove the speed limiter from the ecm. it is shutting his engine off before the end of the track. he still ran 13.19 at 97 on tuesday night. rolling throught the traps after the engine hit the speed limiter.
Thanks for the help.
Kory

This tells me he is racing in 3rd gear. There is no need to do that.

Brian98GTP
06-10-2004, 07:15 PM
This tells me he is racing in 3rd gear. There is no need to do that.

If it was in 3rd gear, the limiter is at 108mph, like what Neal was referring to..
Otherwise, if left in "D", the limiter is 126mph....(given he used the 4t65e-hd)

But since this is in a FIERO, Im guessing he has the getrag 5spd manual, correct?? ..thats what most do anyways... in which case, Gear selection has no role in limiting speed,... just speed....

In the GTP's, the PCM knows what gear the car is in due to misc. sensors in the gear selector, so therefore, it can switch between the "3rd gear" speed limiter, and the "D" speed limiter...
So your buddy would have to get a custom reprogrammed PCM from Digital Horsepower in order to make things work correctly.... www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com
I'd email them for more info...

Hope this crap makes sense... cuz it did to me while slamming a few long necks... :alcoholic

Cryptic
06-10-2004, 10:25 PM
375 bucks aint bad, the way I am reading that you can do more than 1 car

http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/interface500.jpg

Brian98GTP
06-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey Andy.. where'd this thread go about an hour ago??...LOL

It disappeared for a bit... :wow

Cryptic
06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
he deleted... dont know why... so I undeleted it. good info for all

Brian98GTP