PDA

View Full Version : Painfull observation

Plum Crazy
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
As many of you know, i work at a Large Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer and as of recent, i have made the following observations:

1) Spend 22k on a V6 Challenger, then buy 6k worth of JC Whitney Accessories.

2) Buy a $45,000 SRT vehicle and get pissed when those Brembo brake jobs cost 1000.00

3) Buy a Hemi Ram with 20 inch wheels and bitch that you get 16 mpg!!!!!!

4) Bring your car in for a rattle noise and the backseat and trunk are full of Crap!

5) Bring your car in for 20 different concerns and tell the service advisor that you want to wait for it, then get pissed because you had to wait at the dealership for 2 WHOLE hours!!!!!

Thats my rant. thanks for listening!

Ricky Bobby
04-12-2010, 07:24 PM
the world is full of stupid people :thumbsup

1320PNY
04-12-2010, 08:01 PM
You forgot the best one...

Bring your car in for a XX,XXX mile checkup, which is listed and has a price guide printed out, and then get surprised that it costs $300+.

How can you bring a car in for 60K mile checkup and not expect it to cost more than $50?

Then they say "I'll get it next time". Like when? Next time you go another $60K?

FoxStang
04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
3) Buy a Hemi Ram with 20 inch wheels and bitch that you get 16 mpg!!!!!!

It gets that good of millage? I'm somewhat impressed.

0TransAm0
04-12-2010, 08:17 PM
lol. i only go to the dealer for oil changes..which reminds me i need to take the TA in soon. but the guys at palmen that closed on HWY 20 would try to up sell all kinds of crap from windshield wipers(that i know i don't need and im not paying what they charge anyway lol) to fuel additives and cleaners and crap i don't need. do they get commission on up selling stuff?
i mean i know its there job to sell services..not trying to talk smack about it im just saying sometimes they can be worse then the used car salesmen on the lot..

Plum Crazy
04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
lol. i only go to the dealer for oil changes..which reminds me i need to take the TA in soon. but the guys at palmen that closed on HWY 20 would try to up sell all kinds of crap from windshield wipers(that i know i don't need and im not paying what they charge anyway lol) to fuel additives and cleaners and crap i don't need. do they get commission on up selling stuff?
i mean i know its there job to sell services..not trying to talk smack about it im just saying sometimes they can be worse then the used car salesmen on the lot..

We arent paid hourly, we work flat rate, so yeah, i try and upsell stuff as well. Thats why the 23pt inspection is free, hopefully we see that you need tires or brakes and that you will buy that stuff. We install wipers for free, so even if we sell them, we dont get paid anything.

Plum Crazy
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
It gets that good of millage? I'm somewhat impressed.

The new ones 2009 and up get excellent MPG. 15-16 city, 20+ HWY. My 05 used to get 12.5 city, 17 HWY

lasttimearound
04-12-2010, 08:33 PM
do you work at uptown? i drive by there everyday and dream of a new ram... but im poor so that wont be happening, ill drive the wheels off of my 02

Plum Crazy
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I work at Palmen Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Kenosha.

Reverend Cooper
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I dealo with the shit day in and day out.

TransAm12sec
04-13-2010, 01:03 AM
I had to wait 2 hours and fifteen minutes buddy!!!

lol, just kidding.

BR3W CITY
04-13-2010, 07:46 AM
I worked for Concours ; service is $$ and you can get raped on certain stuff
I worked for Lexus: you get raped on everything
I worked for Rank + Son; they raped everyone on everything and now they are out of business (thank god).