PDA

View Full Version : 67-72 GM A-body upper A-arm hardware

Prince Valiant
04-12-2010, 01:56 PM
What kind of hardware is required to attach the upper A arm of a 67-72 GM A body to the frame?

I have the year one control arm hardware kit (http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=2) but the bolts appear too long...as in after it passes through the frame and the control arm shaft, it'll still be too long to simply clamp on w/ the locking washer and nut...and the end of the bolts look liked they'd come pretty close to the engine if you put the bolt facing outside going in...

I've never done much suspension work in the first place, much less a GM product, so it's all new to me. On top of that, this is fixing other peoples mistakes, so it's made it all the more maddening (you should see some of the other F'up's :wow )

Thanks for any input...

chris

jbiscuit
04-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I take it you don't have any of the stock hardware to compare? The hardware kits are usually pretty decent. Can you take a photo of the issue you are having? Are you putting the alignment shims back in place also? Those will take up some of the bolt threads

Dr.Buick
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Shims to adjust caster/camber

Prince Valiant
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
There doesn't appear to be any shims with the car now...I'm not at the car right now (worked on it yesterday) to take pics...

So where would I go, or what would I use as caster/camber shims?

Dr.Buick
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I have a bunch at home

Prince Valiant
04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I have a bunch at home

You're always a lifesaver bud :thumbsup

Dr.Buick
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I will bring them to work tomorrow