PDA

View Full Version : Plum Crazy Runs!!!

fivonut
04-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Swapped the polymer trigger group for the metal trigger group from my M&P15 and took it out to Badger Guns yesterday with my brother. Put a few hundred rounds through it and it ran great. Couple extraction issues but nothing major. Now to find metal trigger parts and get this thing goin!! Or, maybe I'll leave it in there and pick up a RRA 2 stage trigger for my M&P. I tried one out at Badger and really liked it!!

http://webpages.charter.net/fivonut/Plum_Crazy/DSC00709.JPG

chargedformula
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
awesome! today was a good shotting day for me too. a few friends and i went out to mcmiller today. i tried out my plum crazy lower with a del-ton upper. only sighted it in to 15 yards or so but it was a tack driver. definitely a fun rifle. then i tried out some trap shooting. that was really fun, way harder than i thought it would be though! sometimes it felt like i was shooting blanks haha. i would swear i should have hit it but nothing. the wad looked like it went right past the clay. maybe i wasnt leading it enough.

Coops Brother
04-11-2010, 04:38 PM
That makes me feel good.
Also Del-Ton has RRA 2 stage triggers, about 105.00 and the shipping.

moels
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I still have to pick mine up from Coop, probably this coming weekend. Is it a given that I will have to replace the trigger group? I've read a bunch of posts on here and other sites about that.

fivonut
04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I still have to pick mine up from Coop, probably this coming weekend. Is it a given that I will have to replace the trigger group? I've read a bunch of posts on here and other sites about that.

Depends on what upper you're putting on it. It ran perfectly with a standard 223/5.56 upper on it. I had no problems what so ever in stock form that way. But, I wanted to build an AR22 so I bought a dedicated 22LR upper and that's when I had problems. You can buy the parts to swap out your polymer trigger group for $25. But, I'm tempted to start modding my S&W M&P15 so I might just leave the metal trigger group in there and upgrade my M&P to an RRA 2 stage.

Brian, I might have you order one of those RRA triggers for me next week!!

Reverend Cooper
04-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Devin I got your call but was tied up all day sorry bout that.
also mine worked absolutely flawlessly on my 223

moels
04-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Maybe the trigger issue is with the smaller calibers? I've got an AR in .223 already and will be going bigger with this one, so I may not have an issue then.

Thanks for the info guys!

fivonut
04-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Devin I got your call but was tied up all day sorry bout that.
also mine worked absolutely flawlessly on my 223

No Prob. I may head that way for the Waukesha gun show the 23rd or 24th. If your buddy is interested I can bring it down then.