PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for the Outlaw Shootout at The Grove Jun. 26-27th

quickcarl
06-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Whose going to participate in the race?? There are 3 classes. Outlaw super street, Modified street, and true street.
Get the lowdown at www.greatlakesdragaway.com

quickcarl
06-09-2004, 11:09 AM
I'll be there with the HellRaiser :devil representin' for the brew city. Gonna try to whack some of those hillbillies !!

GRNDNL
06-10-2004, 12:23 PM
I'll be there with the HellRaiser :devil representin' for the brew city. Gonna try to whack some of those hillbillies !!

What class are you running?..... :confused

I'm thinking of takin the GN down, more to spectate, I'm sure I'll be gone 1st round if I make the field at all..... :)

quickcarl
06-10-2004, 02:39 PM
At 3300lbs, I'm not too sure. We'll just have to see :deal

quickcarl
06-28-2004, 07:24 PM
I have to first start by saying thanks for the few people showing up to support street legal/outlaw drag racing. To the rest of you who were too busy at your gay assed car shows, or mowing your mother-in-law's grass or whatever, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. How else will this sport progress in the midwest if nobody supports it?? I went with my garage built hoopty, and qualified 4th then dropped to 9th out of over 20 cars. In my class, I was also one of the heaviest, weighing in at 3395. I was the only person on 10" tires, too---all else ran huge steamrollers. The field was really tight. The cars were all quite impressive and fast. I went 3 rounds. I knocked off some 8.20 Monte carlo in the first round, Bryan Metzenheim in round 2(Metz Racing), and then I was stopped in the third round by some firebird . That race might have been a little different had I not chose to wow the crowd and, stick those huge 100-150 foot, hail mary wheelies. Boy-oh-boy, were they fun !!! The HellRaiser buried the wheelie bars like it was nobody's business. I went 8.09 to his winning 8.02. I wish someone had woke me up at the tree----.420 to my .460 !!!
He just plain outdrove me and I was just running conserveratively all day. I elected not to do any tuning changes either day, because the car ran so good. I have no complaints, except the money could have been better. The payouts were cut in half due to not enough spectators, and poor car counts in all three classes.

Once again those who have musclecars all needed to show their support. :mad:

Anyone having any video footage or photos of me pulling those beautiful wheelstands, and especially whipping Bryan's a$$, be sure to contact me. :rolf

som2002
06-28-2004, 11:25 PM
I was there watching :rockwoot: :burnout

GRNDNL
06-30-2004, 12:15 PM
I was there, ran True Street, qualified 15 out of 16.... :rockwoot: I was 400lbs heavy and seriously under built (I knew I was a first rounder anyway).

I saw your auto-cross run (good job not hitting the cones.. :thumbsup) and first round against the Monte, you really had your "hoopty" stuff flying.

quickcarl
07-01-2004, 02:47 AM
I was practicing for that race against that $hit talking guy that wants some at Road America. Actually, Dennis From Blitzkrieg Motorsports, lined me up in the gravel instead of the groove(maybe he misunderstood me....groove/gravel....whatever..). My normal guy that helps me $hit on me again and was late as usual. This is why I have only one go-to guy. He might be late, but he knows what I expect of him. Everyone else is garbage or out to get you, when it comes to racing on this level and above. :argue

You gotta admit, when my hoopty is in the right place on the track, it hooks like hell, though, right??? Eddie is my guy. He puts me right where the teeth are everytime. Those big a$$ed wheelstands are too much fun !!! :thumbsup

GRNDNL
07-01-2004, 02:26 PM
I was practicing for that race against that $hit talking guy that wants some at Road America. Actually, Dennis From Blitzkrieg Motorsports, lined me up in the gravel instead of the groove(maybe he misunderstood me....groove/gravel....whatever..). My normal guy that helps me $hit on me again and was late as usual. This is why I have only one go-to guy. He might be late, but he knows what I expect of him. Everyone else is garbage or out to get you, when it comes to racing on this level and above. :argue

You gotta admit, when my hoopty is in the right place on the track, it hooks like hell, though, right??? Eddie is my guy. He puts me right where the teeth are everytime. Those big a$$ed wheelstands are too much fun !!! :thumbsup

The Hoopty Hellraiser was flying, thats for sure....... :thumbsup

Where the hell do I find a "Eddie", My 10 sec junk is sliding all over the place. ;)

Anybody can drive a car that goes straight down the track, it takes a real man to swerve between the cones at a buck sixty....... :wooo You da Man.... :-P

That was some of the best "Street Car" racing I've seen in a long time, Scavo peddling twice and still going 185 was unreal...... :3gears:

som2002
07-01-2004, 02:50 PM
We had a great time watching Sunday. I saw you run Keith, but when we went into the pits to talk to you, we couldn't find you. Saw you too Carl :thumbsup Didn't you raise your wheelie bars up high for your last run?

quickcarl
07-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Saw you too Carl :thumbsup Didn't you raise your wheelie bars up high for your last run?[/QUOTE]

I keep them that high all of the time when they're on the car. Sometimes I dont need to run them, and sometimes rules don't allow them for some southern stuff. I test with them off or on ........just depends. :Hump