PDA

View Full Version : Its TIME, this weekend, April 17/18 @ RA

SSmike1
04-11-2010, 09:00 AM
http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

The Brake Fluid is Bled, Just New-Fresh DOT-3 is all you need. ( or whatever your STOCK brake fluis is, ex GTO = DOT4)

The Track FRONT only, Brake pads are in. all you need are good front pads.

the engine oil is changed...

LETS GO!

see ya all Saturday and/or Sunday! :thumbsup
:banana1:

wrencher
04-11-2010, 11:59 PM
'Cept me spent 8 hours on the car today. No more drag suspension. + other stuff :) Might actually turn now...

GTSLOW
04-12-2010, 10:42 AM
'Cept me spent 8 hours on the car today. No more drag suspension. + other stuff :) Might actually turn now...

w00t!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Anyone:
You can still order hawk pads from tire rack and have them here by wens, thurs, or fri. BTW You'll want Hawk Blues or if you're a <300hp you could get away with HP +. I run the HP Plus pads in my 3800lb + bohemoth and I hit 140mph in the straights. :stare Safe to say that is the max of HP Plus pads.

WhatsADSM
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I'll be there on sat.. getting excited! Had a miss last night, so hopefully some new plugs will take care of that. I think this will be my last event on my existing pads (wilwood BP-20) so I'll be bringing my street spares (BP-10). Still gotta change brake fluid and engine oil before I go too.

My little 240 ain't scared of a few f-bodies and vettes.

Josepy
04-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Me and Ryan will be there saturday.

Z28Envy
04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Me and Ryan will be there saturday.

What time will you be out there Joe?

Josepy
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
What time will you be out there Joe?

Not sure but I will be either stopping at your place or meeting up with you there to drop off your parts. Pm your number again.

1320PNY
04-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I'll be there Saturday, all day. Anybody want to ride shotgun? Leaving at crack of dawn. Probably be up there for 8AM. Could get up early and stop for breakfast. Not going to track the car, but bringing my helmet for ride alongs.

GTSLOW
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
:d :d

team beater
04-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Bleeding brakes tomorrow and the vettes ready for Sunday funday

GTSLOW
04-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Bleeding brakes tomorrow and the vettes ready for Sunday funday

:thumbsup

-stew-
04-13-2010, 12:43 AM
What is the entry charge for spectators? There has been a change of plans and I'd like to attend. I'm more than willing to help any one out in the pits if they need an extra set of hands. Is a DOT approved helmet good enough for ride alongs?

Z28Envy
04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
What is the entry charge for spectators? There has been a change of plans and I'd like to attend. I'm more than willing to help any one out in the pits if they need an extra set of hands. Is a DOT approved helmet good enough for ride alongs?

$5 and you would get to meet me and that is worth much more:thumbsup

GTSLOW
04-13-2010, 05:30 AM

Snell 2005 or newer I believe is what we're at now, maybe 2000

Todd Z
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I'll be there Saturday, all day. Anybody want to ride shotgun? Leaving at crack of dawn. Probably be up there for 8AM. Could get up early and stop for breakfast. Not going to track the car, but bringing my helmet for ride alongs.

I will be leaving Greenfield around 6:00am. PM me if you want to meet up for the drive. I wish my car was ready!!!

Todd

PureSound15
04-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I'll be there in Saturday but I don't think I'm bringing the car - who wants to hear my scream like a little girl in their passenger seat?!

Dr.Buick
04-13-2010, 12:40 PM
If I can get someone to get my chassis cert done i will take the c6 out!

GTSLOW
04-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll be there in Saturday but I don't think I'm bringing the car - who wants to hear my scream like a little girl in their passenger seat?!

Oh I've got the perfect person picked out for you. :rolf

Race prepped C5. Built motor, complete racing suspension, racing slicks, etc... awesome woman driver behind the wheel too. There's a TON of C6Z's that most of the drivers are willing to give rides also.

JRink
04-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Car is all prepped and ready. Trailering up this Friday afternoon and hoping the weekend going well!

JR

GTSLOW
04-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Car is all prepped and ready. Trailering up this Friday afternoon and hoping the weekend going well!

JR

Do you run slicks? Any space for passengers?

LIZMO
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
who wants me as a passanger? lol.. i wanna ride along w/ someone since i wont be able to take my car

GTSLOW
04-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Not running anymore? :(

PureSound15
04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I'll be riding in a pretty fun track car ;)

Foreign to bcm, too (ooo000ooo)

LIZMO
04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Not running anymore? :(

probably not :( im not happy about it either. tranny's acting up..

WhatsADSM
04-14-2010, 12:53 AM
who wants me as a passanger? lol.. i wanna ride along w/ someone since i wont be able to take my car

I can *probably* take you out one session. Might be some good experience since it would be a fairly similar setup.

I got a list going in my head. Josh/Instructor, Joe, and I figured on either you or flick. Then likely one session by myself (or again with an instructor).

P.S. I can't believe all you trailer queens :goof I'll be driving my stuff up there morning of.
I just hope nothing breaks I am able to drive it back :rolf

Beagle
04-14-2010, 08:50 AM
I think im going to head up there to watch.

GTSLOW
04-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I can *probably* take you out one session. Might be some good experience since it would be a fairly similar setup.

I got a list going in my head. Josh/Instructor, Joe, and I figured on either you or flick. Then likely one session by myself (or again with an instructor).

P.S. I can't believe all you trailer queens :goof I'll be driving my stuff up there morning of.
I just hope nothing breaks I am able to drive it back :rolf

What class are you running?

WhatsADSM
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
what class are you running?

c, but I'm not afraid to run with an instructor. I'll take any extra critiques I can get.

Beagle
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
probably not :( im not happy about it either. tranny's acting up..

What is it doing? Are you and Flickster going Saturday and Sunday?

GTSLOW
04-14-2010, 12:41 PM
c, but I'm not afraid to run with an instructor. I'll take any extra critiques I can get.

I'm gonna hunt you down I'll be in C also :goof

WhatsADSM
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm gonna hunt you down I'll be in C also :goof

Cool... You got yourself a deal!

It is always much more enjoyable if you're driving close to someone else you know. We'll have to make a point of getting into the grid next to each other.

I will warn you though, don't expect to do much hunting between 14 and 1 or between 3 and 5. ;) Although I am pretty conservative between 10 and 12... Just never got very comfortable with that back section.

Josepy
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Cool... You got yourself a deal!

It is always much more enjoyable if you're driving close to someone else you know. We'll have to make a point of getting into the grid next to each other.

I will warn you though, don't expect to do much hunting between 14 and 1 or between 3 and 5. ;) Although I am pretty conservative between 10 and 12... Just never got very comfortable with that back section.

We will get this all on video.

Flicktitty
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM

:rolf :thumbsup I'd rather see liz ride with you then me.

should be a good time either way.

beag - Idk what day where going but i would think Saturday? maybe Sunday too if were bored.? talk to the wife though.

GTSLOW
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
:D I'll only be out twice on saturday otherwise you'll see me running grid. I'll swing by and introduce myself one of the first sessions.

GTSLOW
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM

beag - Idk what day where going but i would think Saturday? maybe Sunday too if were bored.? talk to the wife though.

Beag should quit being a vagina, get 80 bucks, and do a session. Not sure if he's coordinated enough to downshift, brake corrrectly, etc.. :stare :goof

WhatsADSM
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
:D I'll only be out twice on saturday otherwise you'll see me running grid. I'll swing by and introduce myself one of the first sessions.

Cool I'll keep an eye out for ya. I got the copper red 240sx (The one in the sig). You got the 05 grey GTO right?

Yea I'll be there Sat. for sure. I likely won't be there Sunday. Make sure (at least) one of you brings a helmet. Also make a point of finding me early on so we can coordinate when and who is going out.

GTSLOW
04-14-2010, 02:13 PM
You got it. I'll look for you coming thru tech too.

LIZMO
04-14-2010, 02:32 PM
murray - that would be sweet. :)

beagle - idk when were going, he wanted to go saturday i dont care, we'll prob go both.

and about what my tranny is doing,... its a really long fkd up story...
last year when the car was done, it was fine and dandy, shifted perfect anytime. took the car to get tuned by aspec tuning and had them wire in a speed cut controller and a boost cut controller... they said the car wouldn't shift when they were trying to do a pull and tune it... and they could never get it into reverse. ok fine.
get the car back, car barely goes into reverse (it didnt go into reverse before it got tuned like MAYBE 2 times) now about 75% of the time it doesn't go in. also, the speedometer worked but not exactly the right mph, when it got it back, it didn't work @ all.
once i floored it... it doesn't wanna shift, but it shifts fine when im just drivin it normal or half throttle etc.
NOW this year... got the car done few weeks ago, it has gone into reverse every time i've tried. (usually try everytime even if im going into drive) and when i took it down my road it seemed like it shifted, 1st and 2nd then that was it... took it for a few pulls, 3/5 times it shifted fine.
but when i would be driving 55mph it rev's @ 3500RPM which that isn't good lol. so were not sure if somehow overdrive is fkd up? (cuz i pushed the button on/off) or if its the speed cut controller cuz other ppl have said theyve had the same problem b/c whoever hooks it up doesn't do it the right way. (messes up something between the speed sensor to the tranny and speedo and ecu) and then the tranny doesn't know what speed its going and then doesn't know when to shift.
ok thats it. i think.

PS... can i take my lexus for the 1hr $80 dollar session?? :)

GTSLOW
04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
That stinks about the tranny. I'm sure all the shifty on RA would have only made things worse. On another note, I told nick to do the 6 speed in a thread like over a year ago :D :D :D

JRink
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Do you run slicks? Any space for passengers?

I run R-Compound, Toyo Proxies RA-1. I might have a spot for a ride along in one session or two, not sure yet? Come flag me down.

JR

LIZMO
04-14-2010, 05:31 PM
That stinks about the tranny. I'm sure all the shifty on RA would have only made things worse. On another note, I told nick to do the 6 speed in a thread like over a year ago :D :D :D

lol yeah well see about that 6 spd... im not rich.

TURTLE
04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
accepting passengers for sunday....

i mean how scary can a little na neon be on street tires... :devil

team beater
04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Make room for me:)

PureSound15
04-15-2010, 09:04 AM
i mean how scary can a little na neon be on street tires... :devil

What do you get up to in the straight or through the kink in that gokart of yours?

Beagle
04-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Beag should quit being a vagina, get 80 bucks, and do a session. Not sure if he's coordinated enough to downshift, brake corrrectly, etc.. :stare :goof

80 bucks you serious??? I thought it was like 250. I dont have an extra set of pads though. Dam if i would have known this i would do it. Does an instructor have to ride me? What are the specifics? I cant do more than a certian speed? Let me know pm or in this thread:thumbsup

LIZMO
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
let me know too.. i seriously might wanna take the lexus if the coupe cant make it, just so i can drive on the track and get the feel since the only time i was on it was a passanager in turtles neon :)

wrencher
04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes it is $80 to run a single session. Instructors may or may not have to ride along. It is their call as to your level of ability. All single session participants will be refered to the head instructors.

Also doing a touring session both days at lunch break. That should be 40-45 minutes on track. Usually speed in the straits is kept down to 60-70.
But the corners are not :devil
That will be $60. Not near as hard on brakes either. :D

LIZMO
04-15-2010, 02:33 PM
do you need a helmet for the touring thing?

GTSLOW
04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes it is $80 to run a single session. Instructors may or may not have to ride along. It is their call as to your level of ability. All single session participants will be refered to the head instructors.

Also doing a touring session both days at lunch break. That should be 40-45 minutes on track. Usually speed in the straits is kept down to 60-70.
But the corners are not :devil
That will be $60. Not near as hard on brakes either. :D

Oh they would definitely have to ride with him, turtle would be the perfect candidate :rolf

GTSLOW
04-15-2010, 05:01 PM
80 bucks you serious??? I thought it was like 250. I dont have an extra set of pads though. Dam if i would have known this i would do it. Does an instructor have to ride me? What are the specifics? I cant do more than a certian speed? Let me know pm or in this thread:thumbsup

What do you have for brake pads? You'd be in D group which doesn't move to fast anyways ;)

deuceWI
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
The Speed3 is ready to roll again on Sunday. Got the HP+ pads back on and all freshly bled.

Looking forward to having an instructor ride along again since this is only my second time at RA on track.

If they sign me off for ride alongs in the afternoon, I have 4 doors. Lets all pack in and go for a ride! :D

wrencher
04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
do you need a helmet for the touring thing?
No helmets. 60-70 is the most speed we'll see on the straits.

wrencher
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
The Speed3 is ready to roll again on Sunday. Got the HP+ pads back on and all freshly bled.

Looking forward to having an instructor ride along again since this is only my second time at RA on track.
that is no problem getting an instructor. we actually encourage it. We'll have at least 15 on staff.

If they sign me off for ride alongs in the afternoon, I have 4 doors. Lets all pack in and go for a ride! :D
LOL only one passenger allowed :goof

TURTLE
04-16-2010, 07:34 AM
What do you get up to in the straight or through the kink in that gokart of yours?

straights are usually 125-130'ish depending on exitspeeds, and kink is usually 95'ish... :devil

keep in mind, this is an NA 4-cylinder on 205/50-15 street tires... :banana:banana

deuceWI
04-16-2010, 08:10 AM
straights are usually 125-130'ish depending on exitspeeds, and kink is usually 95'ish... :devil

keep in mind, this is an NA 4-cylinder on 205/50-15 street tires... :banana:banana

Wow! That's booking along pretty good. I was only hitting about 125 last fall, although I was holding back from dropping her into top gear and preparing myself for the braking zones more.

Beagle
04-16-2010, 09:52 AM
What do you have for brake pads? You'd be in D group which doesn't move to fast anyways ;)

Idk the service records show they were changed last year with some upgraded factory pads.

turbogarrett
04-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Just took my car out for it's maiden voyage of '10, all systems go!

Decided to put a new wiring harness in the car a couple weeks ago and waited until tuesday to start putting it back together:rolleyes:. Some procrastinators never learn... Planning on heading up this afternoon, tech tonight and crash at the baymont. See ya tomorrow!

GTSLOW
04-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Got my race pads/rotors in yesterday, wholy shit is all I can say. :stare

SSmike1
04-16-2010, 12:43 PM
YES, even when cold, Track Pads have much better FRICTION than stock pads.
i can not stand using stock pads in my car anymore, even on the street!

Got my race pads/rotors in yesterday, wholy shit is all I can say. :stare

SSmike1
04-16-2010, 12:44 PM
YA MAN,
and did you see the weather forcast?
PERFECT weather for running a car at WOT on the race track!
:banana1:

Just took my car out for it's maiden voyage of '10, all systems go!

Decided to put a new wiring harness in the car a couple weeks ago and waited until tuesday to start putting it back together:rolleyes:. Some procrastinators never learn... Planning on heading up this afternoon, tech tonight and crash at the baymont. See ya tomorrow!

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 09:16 AM
There's plenty of time to make it out to RA still!!! Running until 5:35PM

Bunch of BCMers here already.

Josepy
04-18-2010, 09:38 AM
There's plenty of time to make it out to RA still!!! Running until 5:35PM

Bunch of BCMers here already.

Only if I get another ride. LOL

GTSLOW
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
:rolf You can go out with Coop I'm gonna try and talk him into running a single session.

:goof :goof

Bring your helmet I'm sure I'll have space.

Josepy
04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
:rolf You can go out with Coop I'm gonna try and talk him into running a single session.

:goof :goof

Bring your helmet I'm sure I'll have space.

Hes not gonna run.