04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_russia_plane_crash

And a bunch of other high ranking officials. :stare

FoxStang
04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Seems fishy to me.

awsomeears
04-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Way to many High Ranking people in 1 plane, split them up hey ?

Easy to say after the crash but dam this is a Sad Day for there Country :(

That_Guy
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Way to many High Ranking people in 1 plane, split them up hey ?

Easy to say after the crash but dam this is a Sad Day for there Country :(

sounds way fishy....

you will never see something like that happen in this country.

moels
04-10-2010, 09:08 PM
In business the top members of a company don't even travel together........fishy indeed.

05caddyext
04-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Businesses often travel together. Remember spancrete in waukesha? Nearly their entire board was wiped out in a crash several years back.

Prince Valiant
04-10-2010, 10:33 PM
While it might seem tempting to think a conspiracy, the most likely cause is the pilot simply (and against advice of the air-traffic-controllers) trying to land in what sounds like zero visibility...and continuing to try after at least one aborted attempt.

FoxStang
04-11-2010, 02:02 AM
While it might seem tempting to think a conspiracy, the most likely cause is the pilot simply (and against advice of the air-traffic-controllers) trying to land in what sounds like zero visibility...and continuing to try after at least one aborted attempt.

Then again they are in Russia, doesn't have the same sloppy feel to it that Russians like for their kills, but its quite a bit more than just a little suspicious.

SSmike1
04-11-2010, 08:52 AM
bingo, prince Val,...

its called, I can do it, Dumb Ass Syndrom.
The pilot wanted to land in a zero visibilty situation, WHY?
so the President and people would not be Inconvenienced, with the Flight Diversion to another airport!

well,
they won't be Inconvenienced anymore!

:(

indyzmike
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
I like how the networks have to put their own spin on it too. One says the plane was attempting to land in zero visibility, the other says that the plane is an older model and could have been replaced years ago, but Poland decided not to. Way to jump to conclusions before any facts are revealed.

animal
04-11-2010, 10:51 AM
So is it too early for polock jokes?

Prince Valiant
04-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I like how the networks have to put their own spin on it too. One says the plane was attempting to land in zero visibility, the other says that the plane is an older model and could have been replaced years ago, but Poland decided not to. Way to jump to conclusions before any facts are revealed.Both are relevant I think...

Obviously it's relevant that the pilot was attempting to fly beyond his skills, bringing on unnecessary risk (apparently...he could have been low on fuel or some other mechanical malady he found it necessary to attempt landing...but this is doubtful, haven't heard any reports as to why a diversion wasn't possible, and it's virtually impossible that they'd fly w/o significant fuel reserves). It was just a dumb move on the pilot's part---though in all honesty, he could have been pressured to do so because the polish president might have thought this was a ploy to keep him out or to to make this trip harder on him...and thus put undue pressure to the pilot to land then and there.

BUT, in defense of those gripping about the age of the planes, some of the newest planes can pretty much land themselves, brake, and turn off at the appropriate taxiway without pilot input....or so I've been told :wow. Had that been the case here, obviously visual reference for landing wouldn't have been needed.