PDA

View Full Version : Venting on Mods

A B4C Z
06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
After deciding all winter.....I come to the conclusion of the Jet-Hot long tubes. I orderd them about week ago along with o2 sims and o2 extesnions. There was a GP going on at Cz28.com. I called the place up and ordered them but I wanted black and i payed the extra $20.00 for them. Well, last thursday I recive the o2 extension. As with any part your excited to see it so I open it up and THERE THE SQUARE EXTENSIONS. Well those arent going to do me any good(called and got that taken care of). Today I get my headers. I waited a week and a few days for them. They specificly told me they werent here sooner(when Called about the o2 extension problem) because they had to coat them black. It was a long day at work knowing they were sitting on my door step when I came home. I open the box and unwrap one of them, what do I find SILVER COATED HEADERS:fire Needless to say after waiting this long sucked :asshole I must now wait even longer :ripped: And im stilling waiting on the o2 sims also because the company they order them from sent them to the place i ordered them instead of srait to me :fire

Syclone0044
06-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Man I know exactly how you feel. Just stare at your avatar for 5 minutes and you should be back to normal though :goof

Just kidding anyways yeah I have the same kind of crap happen to me all the time. The latest one to happen to me was a 4 piece 3" exhaust kit that included 3" band clamps that wouldn't even fit over the fuck!ng 3" pipe. So I ordered a Summit 3" band clamp for $17 (!) and that one is too big it hits my air conditioning. Then I needed 2 more clamps to put the rest of the exhaust together and when I took the downpipe apart to put in header gaskets, I found those fuck!n clamps crimped the pipe and I can't reassemble the damn thing. Finally I order another 3" clamp from Summit, different kind, and this one is surely big enough to fit my 3" pipe, so big in fact that tightened all the way down, it doesn't get snug on the pipe joint!!! I just can't win. But my header gaskets did go in without a hitch. :)

On the bright side, once you get it all straightened out you can get the headers installed and look back and forget all about the hassle...

turbogarrett
06-08-2004, 08:20 PM
your avatar rules! i've had same problems as you, trying to get my car done- wrong size here, wrong color there, order pipe couplers and they wait a couple of weeks to tell me that they are out of stock. back to that avatar, :wooo

GRNDNL
06-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Hey Josh, you can get those band clamps at your local NAPA. I know there's 2 different kinds, one for but joints and one for slip together joints, sounds like you just got the wrong kind.....

pat97SS
06-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I know how frustrating it can be. When I put my AS&M headers on, I could not get 2 of the header bolts started. They were just a little off. If the heads were iron I would have tightened them up but I was nervous about the alum. heads and ruining the threads. I ended up drilling all of the holes one size larger. I thought by buying the more expensive headers I would not have a problem. To make matters worse, I bought a Random Tech dual cat y-pipe (stainless steel $700+) and it hits the K member from time to time. I feel like I got screwed. When i complained they told me to change my motor mnts. They had 10k on them. There are thousands of the these sold and nothing lines up! Oh, and to make matters worse, Random Tech forgot to pack the s-pipe. So yes, I feel your pain.