PDA

View Full Version : Hoffman

JC70SS
04-09-2010, 10:19 PM
You suck! A 42 yr old closer who throws a 85 mi/hr fastball as a closer:rolleyes: Man I wish we had Cordero back.

PB86MCSS
04-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Really? Cordero can't hold Hoffman's jockstrap.

Nix
04-10-2010, 03:25 AM
Horse shit. You win some, you loose some. What was he last year? somewhere around 37-41 give or take?

Without him the Brewers would never have touched .500 at 81-81 to end the season and we all know it.

Coco was awesome but demanded to much cash. Hoffman is the shit and Im thrilled that he is back for this season. Enjoy it while you can.

STANMAN
04-10-2010, 08:04 AM
My prediction is about a year off, I thought what is happening now would actually happen last year. There's a reason he was on the market, as stated, 85 MPH fastballs out of your closer just don't get it done. That being said, I hope he can turn it around, I mean he did have a great season last year with the same stuff!

jbiscuit
04-10-2010, 08:21 AM
For some reason he can fool a lot of hitters still. But there are those that don't. Those are the hitters that take him yard like last night. No question his career is wrapping up. I just hope he can have a decent season, help us close out some games and maybe throw some money at another all star pitcher ala 2008 season come plyoff time like we did with CC

Karps TA
04-10-2010, 08:25 AM
He was pitching good till that mistake. Shit happens, he missed his spot.

It's not like he was all over the place and getting knocked around. I'd complain more about Braun getting picked off, or have 2 men on base and Edmonds and Zaun not being able to get a ball out of the infield.

TraceDaddy
04-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Hoffman buckled the guy to his knee. How he even managed to get the bat on the ball was something much less hit it out. Bad luck there. Braun getting picked off? Not so much.

JC70SS
04-10-2010, 09:37 AM
nope that was one of MANY blown saves to come. Just wait and see.

PB86MCSS
04-10-2010, 12:19 PM
He knows how to pitch, watching him is a lesson in changing speeds 95% of other pitchers could learn from. He doesn't have to blow it past you. Closers will all blow some saves.

Coco is ok but way too much for a closer, I'll take Hoffman who is better and cheaper plus not a 4 year commitment. He will decline, I just don't think it's this year.

70challenger452
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Hoffman buckled the guy to his knee. How he even managed to get the bat on the ball was something much less hit it out. Bad luck there. Braun getting picked off? Not so much.

x2, just bad luck, I have no clue how that dude hit that, it was was low and inside and he managed to do this falling over golf swing that for some reason made great contact.

Nix
04-10-2010, 01:44 PM
My prediction is about a year off, I thought what is happening now would actually happen last year. There's a reason he was on the market, as stated, 85 MPH fastballs out of your closer just don't get it done. That being said, I hope he can turn it around, I mean he did have a great season last year with the same stuff!

Turn what around? He had a bad pitch?! Did you see what pitch the guy hit? It looked like a sinker and he was seriously almost on his knees to even make contact. It happens. He will be fine and if not he had an outstanding career and I have enjoyed watching him the past year and I will enjoy watching him pitch this year as a Brewer.

People wanna talk about a shit closer? Talk about Gagne or Turnbow...

theavenger333
04-10-2010, 01:56 PM
nope that was one of MANY blown saves to come. Just wait and see.

you're an idiot. Stanman, you too. stavinova golf shot that thing. mariano rivera will blow a save, everyone will

JC70SS
04-10-2010, 03:15 PM
whatever dude

Karps TA
04-10-2010, 03:41 PM
In an ideal world I'd rather have a closer who can throw gas. Especially since we don't have much for starters bringing it. But Hoffman knows how to pitch. He's like Maddox in many ways. Just has great control and knows how to go after hitters. That pitch would have struck out 3/4 of the Brewer hitters, although that's not always saying alot.

I'd rather question why we can't get a catcher under the age of 110? Seriously is that position that hard to develop that we can't even get anything at that spot? Zaun looks like Robin Yount but hit's like Robin Leach.

Lash
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh the irony....
Back to back in the top of the 9th to give up a 3 run lead

I think Pujols may be the best all around batter that baseball has ever seen.

Nix
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Joe you son of a bitch!! You put bad juju on Hoffman!!

For real though, if this keeps up him giving up these HR's I may have to side with you and eat my words... :rolf

Time will tell...