PDA

View Full Version : Gamo and other pellet rifle groups?

Russ Jerome
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Im working (read:answering phones) 2nd and cant search anything with the word gun in it :(

Whats a guy got to spend to have a squirel size group at 20-30 yards?
That Gamo whisper looks good for city work but pricey.

Open to buy your unused pellet rifle thats collecting dust, little yard cleanup.

HP ADDICT
04-06-2010, 10:15 PM
I just us my .22 semi auto with CB caps. Its actually quieter then my gamo and hits alot harder. You have to single load it as it wont cycle the cbs but all the noise is absorbed by the bolt kicking back. Used to have a problem with crows waking me up lol.

Lash
05-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Im working (read:answering phones) 2nd and cant search anything with the word gun in it :(

Whats a guy got to spend to have a squirel size group at 20-30 yards?
That Gamo whisper looks good for city work but pricey.

Open to buy your unused pellet rifle thats collecting dust, little yard cleanup.

Bringing this back...lol

Last week my wife got me the Gamo Big Cat .17 from gander. It's not loud at all with lead. More spring sound from the actiaon than anything. PBA ammo has a little 'crack' to it. I can hold about sub 2" groups at 25 yards on a calm day with crossman lead. Not bad for $150. My 10/22 with CB longs is quiter though..... but for some reason not as accurate.

Russ Jerome
05-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Yup I got the same gun I think, Gamo big cat whisper used from a guy.

Round nose hollow points grouped for crap, pointy target pellets much better. All my shooting has been with lead, I've read the steel target pellets at 200fps faster group better on calm days but havent seen them for sale at Dunhams.

The air gun forums say ditch the factory Gamo scope upon opening the box, been meaning to throw on my Nikon Rimfire 4x as a test but still setteling in to house with little time.

There are several black birds, grackels and a squirrel that no longer care for the Gamo pellet. Baltimore Orioles are arriving this weekend and enjoying less competition for food today :)

Russ Jerome
05-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I get settled in we could fit a dozen guys comortably on my deck with pellet rifles, no shortage of unprotected, marauding beasty birds causing havoc on my feeders. Shoot a Grackel, take a drink, ding a squirrel get another drink! Nothing like beer and gunz.

Lash
05-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I got the non-whisper version. It's still not too bad with lead though.

Lash
05-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I get settled in we could fit a dozen guys comortably on my deck with pellet rifles, no shortage of unprotected, marauding beasty birds causing havoc on my feeders. Shoot a Grackel, take a drink, ding a squirrel get another drink! Nothing like beer and gunz.

We could make a drinking game out of it!
:rolf

Russ Jerome
05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Came home for lunch and was 4 for 4 kills, think I figured sighting in the Gamo scopes down. I noticed the scope was auto adjusting after windage or elevation adjustments, this after initial sight in. If your sighting in and want to be 3 clicks low, turn it 5 or 6 clicks low and then backtrack, like relaxing an old Redfeild scope. Im grouping great now regardless of pellet styles, next calm day I'll reach out for some long range groups on paper and post up pics.

MurphysLaw88GT
06-20-2010, 09:59 PM
I just got a Beeman Model R1 air rifle in .177 Cal. I am interested to see how it does

Russ Jerome
06-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I wasnt happy with the low light ability of the cheap Gamo scope, now using a Nikon 4x rimfire scope and some crazy high buck pellets that have BB's at the tip of the lead pellet. 1 squirrel, 1 Grackel and a Starling this morning alone.