PDA

View Full Version : Computer help please...

johnny--2k
04-04-2010, 05:43 PM
So, I uploaded pics from my camera to my computer. Opened the pictures in PS to do some editing, then hit save. Said I could not save the pictures because they were locked. Closed PS and the folder, reopen the folder and the pictures are gone.

Any ideas where they could have gone? Recycle bin is empty, and a search turns up the original file and location, but it's not there.

I'm confused and pissed because they were the only pictures I had of the whole family before going to Easter mass. :mad::flipoff2:

Holeshot
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
If they weren't saved on you computer they have to be on the SD card of the camera. Search files and folders on your desktop also

Undertaker
04-04-2010, 07:32 PM
You can download a version of Handy Recovery or Recover My Files to restore the files on the SD Card or the computer. I don't think the unpurchased version will restore the files though, but will show you the files. You could try it out at least.

BR3W CITY
04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
check the file location, and when you find the file right click and check the properties. Make sure it didn't get set at "read only" at all.
Also if you have an illegal copy of PS, you may encounter problems. I had a DL'ed copy and after a month or 2 it would no longer save anything, and it would not access plugins or updates

johnny--2k
04-04-2010, 11:32 PM
looked everywhere, and the SD card is empty. My copy of PS is not hacked, and it works fine on all of my other pictures, I edited multiple after that without a problem. That is what really confused me...

ND4SPD
04-06-2010, 01:39 PM
You could try some data recovery software to see if you can find it on the drive somewhere. GetItBack NTFS usually works well. Or pay me and I will look. :D

johnny--2k
04-06-2010, 02:20 PM
well, I had someone look at it, looks like it's lost forever, but I appreciate the help. Seems like it was in issue with PS dumping the file into oblivion.