PDA

View Full Version : Need window/screen privacy help, ASAP...!!!

Car Guy
04-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Laura's apartment (my 'home' for the time being) located on ground level has patio doors (76" x 68") and a large bedroom window(s) (70" x 47"), both with screens. I would like to place a 'one-way' material on the glass and something on the screens to increase privacy. This is at the top of my do list after this morning's incident with overly inquisitive potential renters interested in OTHER units.....:guns1

This is a project I could easily handle but would pay a professional to do if the price was reasonable. I assume one-way window material is similar to window tint film but have never heard of a one-way material to place over screens.....

Any help is much appreciated...!!!

~Justin :thumbsup

Holeshot
04-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Menards has privacy window treatments. Its just like tint. mirrored, smoked.....

CarrotTop
04-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Yep Menards has that stuff. It should be located in the paint & wall coverings department if i remember correctly.

Car Guy
04-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the input; I will look to see what is available tomorrow. One-way window film is more prevalent than I expected but finding something for the screens is proving MUCH more difficult. Please reply if you have any knowledge of one-way window screen filters.....

Yooformula
04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Menards has privacy window treatments. Its just like tint. mirrored, smoked.....

home depot does too and its easy to use and works great! I just finished using this on our patio doors, basement windows and side glass to my front door. lets a ton of light in but you cant see in no matter what.

wikked
04-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Please reply if you have any knowledge of one-way window screen filters.....

Hang up a bed sheet :goof

Al
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Ever think about a Japanese Screen?

Car Guy
04-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Ever think about a Japanese Screen?

Yes, that is one option I am considering.....

PonyKiller87
04-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Be careful if the windows are thermo panes or double pane or anything like that you need to put the tint on the outside. If you put it on the inside sometimes it will heat up the gas inbetween the panes and blow out the seals.

Car Guy
04-03-2010, 11:47 PM
After much online research I found a few websites selling one-way screen material, and the price is.....:eek:

Be careful if the windows are thermo panes or double pane or anything like that you need to put the tint on the outside. If you put it on the inside sometimes it will heat up the gas inbetween the panes and blow out the seals.

I will check into this, buying new windows is NOT an option......

Slow Joe
04-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Since it's an apartment, I'd make sure that whatever you do can be removed.

In all of my apartments I've just used blinds and never had any issues.