PDA

View Full Version : HWY Observations

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Up at HWY last night I made the following observations:

#1- If you're at Culvers, the cops are going to hassle you, no matter what. I was sitting on my Belvedere's trunk, Culvers drink in hand, when the cops came through. She asked me to leave, I didn't. She came back around and told me I either needed to leave or go sit on the patio. I went to the patio. I don't think she liked that.

#2- At Culvers, when the cops come, people scatter like roaches when the lights come on. WHY? You're not getting a ticket- especially if you've patronized the business. I'm reasonably sure no ticket is going to hold any water if you have food in your hand and a reciept to prove you bought it.

#3- People aren't patronizing the businesses. Get off your stupid ass and buy something. I'd be kicking you off my lot too if you didn't come in and at least buy a Goddamn soda. I asked the one kid (who was taking off when the cops came) why he didn't just go buy something, he replied "I'll just leave and come back after the cops leave." Fucking kids.

#4- There's no point in patronizing the businesses if the cops are going to hassle you anyway. THIS I feel is bullshit to the fullest extent. If you're not causing a ruckus, if you're not littering, blasting music, revving your engine, etc. etc. etc., and you're eating/drinking something from the place where you're parked, the cops should step the fuck off. This is something I intend to keep pushing. I firmly believe in patronizing (see #3) and I don't get what the problem is.

#5- WAPD has made cruising a problem for the businesses. I'm reasonably sure Culvers, Omega, Oscars, Speedway, etc. bring in more money on Fridays and Saturdays during the summer than they do the rest of the week combined. Instead of allowing these businesses to be patronized by those like myself, the WAPD makes them kick people out. Not sure what kind of fines / problems the businesses face, but it's high time THEY stand up to the local government, for their own sakes.

#6- The Scion tC is ridiculously popular. Son of a bitch. I just bought one, thinking, "Hey, I don't see too many of these, this is kinda cool and different." I might as well have bought a '94 Civic hatchback. I guess this didn't need it's own bulletpoint, but, son of a bitch.

#7- Squids, Ricers, and the Diesel crowd are all the same mentality. "Look at me, I'm (on a bike, blowing smoke, revving the shit out of my Honda)." The squids going 30mph taking up 2 lanes is just as annoying as the diesels trying to smoke everyone out, which is just as annoying as getting BOV'd or revved at every 15 seconds. Get a clue- you're not cool, you're stupid.

#8- If you're doing stupid shit, I hope you get pulled over. Pretty much explains it all. YOU are the reason why cruising is "illegal". YOU are the reason I couldn't even make 1 pass in my RX7 without getting pulled over last year (got the ticket dropped though!). YOU are the reason the businesses are forced to kick us out. YOU are the reason the HWY has gone downhill (I remember bumper-to-bumper, end-to-end nights...). YOU are the reason I am afraid to make even 1 pass in the Belvedere (heavy car + manual drum brakes + getting cut off = poop stains). So fuck YOU, stop doing dumb shit and (hopefully) the cops will start backing off.

#9- Ryan Rd. would make an excellent alternative to 108th. And it's still "HWY 100". Less cops, nice pavement, easy freeway access. Good luck trying to replace the original HWY though.

VroomPshhTsi
04-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Great post, couldn't agree more.

6, and 7 are my favorites lol.

BAD LS1
04-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Up at HWY last night I made the following observations:

#6- The Scion tC is ridiculously popular. Son of a bitch. I just bought one, thinking, "Hey, I don't see too many of these, this is kinda cool and different." I might as well have bought a '94 Civic hatchback. I guess this didn't need it's own bulletpoint, but, son of a bitch.

Are you for real? Those things are like assholes! They seem to be primarily the flagship for many of hot chicks around this area anyway or the guys that don't know nothing about cars, but like the hoky commercials and see's the car as a way into the "car guy club". Not saying that's you, but that's the energy that follows that car.

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 07:55 AM
I bought one more or less because it's cheap reliable transportation. I got a decent mileage '05 for $8k. They're nice cars... I guess I wasn't the only one who thought so lol.

lordairgtar
04-03-2010, 10:22 AM
I thought I'd never hear myself say this, but The tC is actually a nice car. We have a xB and I would consider one of those too. Of course it's not nearly as cool as my HHR Panel (snicker)

Prince Valiant
04-03-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing the LRT will be "popular" with the diesel crowd.

Well, hopefully by mid jun I can lose the stockness, lol.

JC70SS
04-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I agree with #7...diesels:gay

BigSnailBuick
04-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Once #7 truly starts to bother you that means your getting older and its time to not go to hyw specifically to cruise at least :goof I roll to hyw,,make 1 pass..get some food..then cruise I-94 if I feel like cruising. Freeways are more fun imo and less littered with 15 second cars :)

Silver350
04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I enjoyed relaxing in my apartment on 104th and National. All I heard was bunch of ricers reving their engine and trying to race off the light. All I heard was a lot of fart can noised followed by the sounds of police sirens. I counted 5 times that this happened in about an hour and 1/2.

67-400
04-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I enjoyed relaxing in my apartment on 104th and National. All I heard was bunch of ricers reving their engine and trying to race off the light. All I heard was a lot of fart can noised followed by the sounds of police sirens. I counted 5 times that this happened in about an hour and 1/2.

:rolf I thought I was the only one that heard that!!! I vote for # 8

Silver350
04-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah Mike I was laughing my butt off.

Turbo-Triumph
04-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Once #7 truly starts to bother you that means your getting older and its time to not go to hyw specifically to cruise at least :goof

^agreed.

Mostly good points, deffinitly patronize the places you park.. but how many people can actually fit on the patio? c'mon... the chances of the cops saying "oh he bought something..." is slim to none. They know what your up there to do (race / watch) and you know what your up there to do. No one is ever going to be able to hide behind a Culvers cup and expect it to be a get outta-a-ticket free card.

For the most part, ive never been hasseled by the cops at the highway. Dont do 80mph in a 40, dont blast your crappy system in a drop-top mustang, dont do stupid shit in general and your fine.

The cops are up there as 'riot' control basicly. wherever there is a fat group of people, thats where they will be. wherever theres someone racing, thats where they'll be. The cops arent up there to bust people sitting in a parking lot watching people.. there up there to bust the people the people are watching.

My point:

Patronize the businuss b/c its the right thing to do, your using there lot, just buy a $1.25 soda and be done with it, and possibly the cops will indeed cut you a little more slack.

Dont be an idiot, dont get a ticket. ive gotten 3 tickets at the highway, all in 1 shot. ive never EVER felt actually "Hasseled" by the cops. there doing wtf there paid to do! I was racing, i deserved the tickets.. FINAL.

you should of known better than to buy a Scion and expect to be original.. thats your fault.

Turbo-Triumph
04-03-2010, 04:15 PM
IMO what needs to really be said about the highway crowd.

15 seconds or slower = park and watch.

incase you feel your car is fast, but cannot get it timed, i devised a simple test.

step 1. open soda can and place on floor.

step 2. launch car.

if the soda spills, then your good to go.. if not.. park and drink teh soda.

scaleracer
04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Once #7 truly starts to bother you that means your getting older and its time to not go to hyw specifically to cruise at least :goof I roll to hyw,,make 1 pass..get some food..then cruise I-94 if I feel like cruising. Freeways are more fun imo and less littered with 15 second cars :)

Are you the one that was up there the past couple nights in the 2 tone T- Type?

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 04:29 PM

incase you feel your car is fast, but cannot get it timed, i devised a simple test.

step 2. launch car.

Or how about people stop racing on HWY? I mean, you know, take it to somewhere that's not packed with traffic... like Tower or Chicken Rd...

I know I can't say too much, when I was young, dumb and full of cum I used to race on HWY too... then I grew up, started valuing my life and my posessions. I don't want my shit getting wrecked by someone just as much as I don't want to be responsible for wrecking someone else's shit (let alone hurting or killing someone).

I go up to hwy to check out the cars, hang out with friends, and watch people do dumb shit (like pulling up into Culvers with their stereo on blast until they saw the cop). I never really even make a pass anymore. I get up there, go to Culvers or Oscars, and when I'm done there I go home.

Yooformula
04-03-2010, 04:32 PM

step 2. launch car.

IMO, THIS /\ mentality is whats wrong with hwy. its a public road not a race track with grand stands. why cant you go to hwy 100 for a leisure drive in your street/hot rod with your family to a place to hang outside and eat on a nice hot summer day WITHOUT listening/watching ANYONE race on a public street....fast OR slow? Grow up. There are other people trying to drive on hwy 100 besides dumbass kids trying to impress other dumbass kids.

And why should anyone have to endure a smoke blast from a diesel? sure they are cool and make awesome power but GROW UP! Blowing smoke just for fun at other drivers is GAY! Maybe when your grandmother or your mom/wife with your kids are on a road stopped at a light with their windows down, I'll rev my motor with a cutout open and let her choke on my rich exhaust and fumes...sounds cool huh?

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 04:40 PM
IMO, THIS /\ mentality is whats wrong with hwy. its a public road not a race track with grand stands. why cant you go to hwy 100 for a leisure drive in your street/hot rod with your family to a place to hang outside and eat on a nice hot summer day WITHOUT listening/watching ANYONE race on a public street....fast OR slow? Grow up. There are other people trying to drive on hwy 100 besides dumbass kids trying to impress other dumbass kids.

And why should anyone have to endure a smoke blast from a diesel? sure they are cool and make awesome power but GROW UP! Blowing smoke just for fun at other drivers is GAY!

And that's exactly why HWY 100 is the way it is with cops. If it wasn't for the dumb kids wanting to race everyone, HWY cruising probably wouldn't be illegal, or at least we wouldn't get hassled by the cops nearly as much.

Turbo-Triumph
04-03-2010, 05:12 PM

And why should anyone have to endure a smoke blast from a diesel? sure they are cool and make awesome power but GROW UP! Blowing smoke just for fun at other drivers is GAY! Maybe when your grandmother or your mom/wife with your kids are on a road stopped at a light with their windows down, I'll rev my motor with a cutout open and let her choke on my rich exhaust and fumes...sounds cool huh?

Go ahead and cruise your car! Honestly, i dont give a rats ass what you do with your car and when.

PEOPLE IN SLOW FUCKING CARS RACING EVERY 50 FEET IN TRAFFIC IS WHAT KILLS THE HWY. I hope you would agree with this?

If i want to take the risk of 'racing' someone next to me, thats my businuss. if you want to cruise to grandmas house for dinner in a 9 second ride, go ahead, thats your businuss.

the HWY isnt for people cruising anymore, its been taken over by the F@F crowd and thats that.

what the hwy was 20 years ago, might of well been a nice place to drive 25mph so everyone see's you... what the highway is now, is a place for everyone old enough to drive to go out and act a fool. ITS JUST WHAT ITS BECOME SORRY TO SAY IT ITS JUST FACTS.

no 1 person, or 1 website will ever change that, so singleing me out and saying im an idiot blah blah blah isnt going to change what i do.

does this mean you can count on seeing me going 100mph down hwy 100 chasing a mustang? nope. I think that your opinion of me is quite skewed on what i actually do...

EDIT; as far as the diesels blowing smoke lol i agree its dumb but hey i dont own a diesel so what can i do?

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 05:18 PM
PEOPLE RACING EVERY 50 FEET IN TRAFFIC IS WHAT KILLS THE HWY. I hope you would agree with this?

I fixed it for ya. Fast or slow, the HWY is not a place to race. I don't care if it's what everyone does, it's still stupid. If everyone shoved sticks up their ass and said they were a unicorn, would you do that too? I fully respect people's desire to race, however I don't respect people doing it on busy streets, in traffic, residential areas... it's not cool it's dumb. Sooner or later your balls will drop and you'll realize you don't have to prove shit to anyone... especially not some punk kid in a (insert car here) just because he's revving at you at a light.

I bet you felt real cool paying for those 3 tickets...

EDIT: and Dan before you go saying "you're just saying that because your shit's slow", stop to think for a minute that maybe my shit's slow because I realized I don't have to prove shit to anyone... I enjoy my cars without racing them, and therefore making them super fast is not #1 on my priority list.

Turbo-Triumph
04-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I fixed it for ya.

ha ya.

"IN TRAFFIC" would be the key point.

Turbo-Triumph
04-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I fixed it for ya. Fast or slow, the HWY is not a place to race. I don't care if it's what everyone does, it's still stupid. If everyone shoved sticks up their ass and said they were a unicorn, would you do that too? I fully respect people's desire to race, however I don't respect people doing it on busy streets, in traffic, residential areas... it's not cool it's dumb. Sooner or later your balls will drop and you'll realize you don't have to prove shit to anyone... especially not some punk kid in a (insert car here) just because he's revving at you at a light.

I bet you felt real cool paying for those 3 tickets...

I race b/c i want to race. not b/c the guy with the fart can thinks he's better than me.

When i was younger i had the "anyone anytime" attitude but i dont anymore. I like to race when the road ahead is clear, and im unsure if i can beat the car next to me. I just dont understand why if EVERYONE KNOWS the highway is what it is... why the people who feel they are "to grown up, or to mature" go to WATCH AND COMPLAIN.

Theres ALWAYS going to be a younger generation, and there will ALWAYS be an older generation to complain and say 'back in my day' or 'when you grow up'.

Im done here ive said my peice but obviously no one agrees with my views.

If you dont like what the highway is, theres a very simple solution. DONT GO.

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 05:42 PM
We go to watch because it's fun to see idiots get pulled over for racing, and hang out in parking lots with our cars (you know, like a car show but without the oldies or "Classic Cars Only" parking signs).

Turbo-Triumph
04-03-2010, 05:50 PM
edit

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I have to laugh... you sound exactly like I did 8 years ago, when I used to race on HWY...

Doc Brown
04-03-2010, 07:09 PM
stop to think for a minute that maybe my shit's slow because I realized I don't have to prove shit to anyone... I enjoy my cars without racing them, and therefore making them super fast is not #1 on my priority list.rich coming from a guy who busts my balls over the Delorean getting beaten by an Izuzu Trooper with a broken transmission...:D

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah my shit's never been that slow...

Yooformula
04-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I race b/c i want to race. not b/c the guy with the fart can thinks he's better than me.

its not a race track! who cares if you race just because you want to. its still not a race track. you cant debate that and try to justify why its ok for only fast cars to race but not slow cars. people shouldnt have to avoid hwy100 just so people can race and show off.

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 07:23 PM

its not a race track!

Hmm... taking one's own advice FTW!

PureSound15
04-03-2010, 07:39 PM
IMO - I'm just as worried about 2 high school kids in their moms retired Camrys as I am 2 30year old yuys racing their 11 second cars.

I would say, too, that if you're racing on a public road - it's not just "your business." it becomes the business of every person around you.

Turbo-Triumph
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
its not a race track! who cares if you race just because you want to. its still not a race track. you cant debate that and try to justify why its ok for only fast cars to race but not slow cars. people shouldnt have to avoid hwy100 just so people can race and show off.

no justification needed. i know im doing something wrong, and i wouldnt trry and justify it as being right. as stated, ive gotted 3 tickets and paid all of them, and owned up the ME being at fault.

my point about the slower cars would be this:

GENERALLY SPEAKING the people in the slower cars, are younger people that dont give 2 fucks about there car, or saftey of others, and GENERALLY do the dumbest shit, and wreck/hurt themselves/others.

if all i gave a shit about what having the fastest car on the road, i would have never dissasembled the fastest car i ever owned b/c it wasnt safe, i woulda took that thing to the hwy and hit someone b/c of the brakes, but i didnt b/c i knew better.

i find it funny that ive seen MULTIPLE cars from this forum, engaged in illegal racing, but whenever the topic arrises everyone jumps to the 'its bad your stupid' answer.

for the 2nd time, im done with this thread b/c it derailed from its original intent long ago, and has turned into "bash this guy".

67-400
04-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I would say, too, that if you're racing on a public road - it's not just "your business." it becomes the business of every person around you.

Good point....
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/89760722.html

Reminder....
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/35201134.html

&

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/45730397.html

STANMAN
04-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I have my tickets to show that I don't mind street racing. There's a time and a place for everything though, that's why I don't hit HWY much anymore, because I don't have much willpower when it comes to someone wanting to run, and man those tickets are expensive. I preffer country roads where there aren't cops hiding down every side street (because there are no side streets, lol), and it's A LOT safer. And closer to home:rolf

Nix
04-03-2010, 08:25 PM
If i want to take the risk of 'racing' someone next to me, thats my businuss.

Actually its not just your business anymore. Seeing as how you would be endangering peoples lives.

TheRX7Project
04-03-2010, 09:30 PM
i find it funny that ive seen MULTIPLE cars from this forum, engaged in illegal racing, but whenever the topic arrises everyone jumps to the 'its bad your stupid' answer.

for the 2nd time, im done with this thread b/c it derailed from its original intent long ago, and has turned into "bash this guy".

Nobody is saying "Don't street race." We're saying "Don't street race on HWY 100. You're ruining it for the rest of us."

Prince Valiant
04-03-2010, 10:03 PM
I was out on hwy tonight...not much of anything.

Did get a rev thrown at me by a pick-up, lol.

03Seville
04-03-2010, 10:50 PM
same here, went down only because I had to run to walmart... between national n layton n then back all i saw was a grand am tryin to take off on everyone (i dont risk racing on hwy) and then a 300zx spinnin his tires leaving every light...

o and 2 people pulled over of course...

FoxStang
04-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Was it Black/Gray? What was the license plate?

scaleracer
04-04-2010, 03:04 AM
I was out on hwy tonight...not much of anything.

Did get a rev thrown at me by a pick-up, lol.

You must've been up there too early it was packed Culvers lot was packed and still a bunch on the street and parked!

Was it Black/Gray? What was the license plate?

Yes it was that car sounded nasty! Not sure on the plate. I see your sig says 79 Mustang do you have the pace car up there with draglights?

Monstr913
04-04-2010, 03:48 AM
i rolled up around 11ish after leaving my brothers made some passes and it was packed...as for observation #7 i have one of those diesels that smoke alot and its how we make power, sorry i know it sucks and gets cars dirty and impairs ones vision...i used to have stacks/stack and that just gives you a warning...now with my bumper exhaust no warning so i tend to drive right lane as to not fog out traffic completely...i will admit when i feel the need to be a dick i move to left lane and fog out all 3 lanes when i go wot...and yea the stupid driving sucks as i almost took out some little blue thing as he didnt signal on lane change and i did, he was trying to get around a non-cruiser...as for the 15 sec lower only crusin sorry u'll still have to deal with a good amount of the diesels up there.

spooln30
04-04-2010, 04:35 AM
For anyone who has gone up there when they were 16-18 it's not like back then we had 10-11 sec street cars. (Unless you were lucky). In the end most of us who are older now did stupid stuff when we were younger CUZ we all thought we were cool. Now days we have been and seen alot of sh!t that we know what's better and pass judgement to those that are younger. Now days I drive by the "rules" and wear my seatbelt at all times and really don't speed. My record from the ages of 15-21 says otherwise. But I say now safe it for the track(road racing or drag). Just don't be so quick to judge. I say for the "older" drivers let's just make a new spot and see what happens. My Supra will be done very soon. BTW am a roar racer so no gay comments abot my car. To all be safe. Later Keith.

spooln30
04-04-2010, 04:40 AM
PS sorry for some of the mispelled words. Blam it on the iPhone and just getting done with a motor swap two hours ago. ;)

Silver86
04-04-2010, 05:37 AM
this is why i refuse to spend any time down at hwy100... too many damn retards around these days...

Reverend Cooper
04-04-2010, 07:13 AM
If you ask me,the only reason I will go is to just hang out with friends while parked,the Hwy is retarded,and the cops are bullshit.I just wanna go sit relax shoot the shit have a burger and grape slush and chill with my homies yet because of all the donkey fuckers we still get asked to leave. thus putting more cars on the strip which makes no sense to me.

BR3W CITY
04-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I did some stupid shit when i was younger too, and I don't regret or shun any of it. Most of us have raced at least once, or gave it a bitt *too* much gas leaving a hangout spot. I don't think its a good idea, but I see this "holy than thou" attitude from some guys on here.

I think since we all seem to agree its stupid (yet we still show up there), we just have to pick a new place to go. Nothing is gonna change hwy, if we want a place to cruise and hang, then we gotta go find it ourselves.

twicks69
04-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I agree with the aformentioned statements regarding HWY 100.

Unfortunately, due to the PD being a bunch of dickholes, I can't even drive my Eclipse near Hwy 100 to meet up with my BCM buddies and catch some dinner and chat without being threatened or ticketed by a WAPD officer -- doing NOTHING wrong.

Sure, my car is a bit loud, but in no way louder than a Harley or half the stuff that cruises Hwy. Heck, I normally don't rev the car past 4000rpm on city streets, and always do the speed limit -- especially on Hwy 100.

Last year, I got pulled over for IDLING in neutral. Ticket got dropped, but still.

In the past, when I had a FULL STREET EXHAUST with 3 silencers and a muffler, I was pulled over for IDLING at a stop-light with BossLX on one side, and Sam's Mustang on the other side at Hwy and Greenfield going Northbound. Both of those cars were substantially louder than my little ricer, and that was a citation.

I guess I will just see whoever comes down to GLD or to my place, as that is the only time I drive my Eclipse anymore; other than going to the grocery store or parts store.

spooln30
04-04-2010, 11:10 AM
So Coop we go back years. I know what I said is %100 the truth. Back when we worked together you thought ur red stang was faster then the man himself. Haha but really you guys know it's true. When me and Coop worked together he was a Anti-Supra Pro Stang and I know from our talks he in the end respected the Poopra". Eight years ago I couldn't get Coop to step wide tire up there. And from all the times I help you put all the beautiful new parts on the stang. But anyhoo. Mike this summer me, you and some Road America. I might even give you a ride in my soon to be done street camo MK3 Supra. Ohhhhhhhhh Mike Cooper is the coolest! Jk bro. Pm me we need to re connect and hang. I heard you like to sing????

HRSEPLA
04-04-2010, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=twicks69;632653]
In the past, when I had a FULL STREET EXHAUST with 3 silencers and a muffler, I was pulled over for IDLING at a stop-light with BossLX on one side, and Sam's Mustang on the other side at Hwy and Greenfield going Northbound. Both of those cars were substantially louder than my little ricer, and that was a citation.
[QUOTE]

Sorry buddy, I know people... lol
And I'm old.:goof

Prince Valiant
04-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I can't even drive my Eclipse near Hwy 100 to meet up with my BCM buddies and catch some dinner and chat without being threatened or ticketed by a WAPD officer -- doing NOTHING wrong.Well, maybe you'll figure out that your type just aren't welcome around some parts [/spitschew] :mad:

Reverend Cooper
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
So Coop we go back years. I know what I said is %100 the truth. Back when we worked together you thought ur red stang was faster then the man himself. Haha but really you guys know it's true. When me and Coop worked together he was a Anti-Supra Pro Stang and I know from our talks he in the end respected the Poopra". Eight years ago I couldn't get Coop to step wide tire up there. And from all the times I help you put all the beautiful new parts on the stang. But anyhoo. Mike this summer me, you and some Road America. I might even give you a ride in my soon to be done street camo MK3 Supra. Ohhhhhhhhh Mike Cooper is the coolest! Jk bro. Pm me we need to re connect and hang. I heard you like to sing????

what up keith

Yooformula
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Most of us have raced at least once, or gave it a bitt *too* much gas leaving a hangout spot. I don't think its a good idea, but I see this "holy than thou" attitude from some guys on here.

yes, most of us have raced or do race but we arent going around acting like its our right to race on a public street and if you dont like it dont drive there. a few of the posts made seemed to imply justification for the racing and thats bs. its not a holier than thou attitude, its more like admit its wrong and dont make excuses for it. Yes I have had a few runs on hwy in the past but I will readily admit it was dangerous for others and wouldnt be going around stating at least it wasnt a slow car and if it bugs you are too old to be on a public street.:rolleyes:

jakedrew
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
i think the movie fast and furious ruined everything.

BR3W CITY
04-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Yoo, I haven't raced (or even been) to hwy in at least 6-7 years, not including actually getting some food or something... I'm not justifying the racing, just saying that we've all kinda been there, no reason to really bash.

BOSS LX
04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
In the past, when I had a FULL STREET EXHAUST with 3 silencers and a muffler, I was pulled over for IDLING at a stop-light with BossLX on one side,

Don't hate the player, hate the game!:thumbsup

DynoTom
04-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I sure feel for the guys here that are not old enough to know the highway when it rocked !

I was cruising the hwy from the early 80's to around 1996 or so and I'm not saying those were the coolest years out there but, it was VERY different than it is today out there.....

EVERY parking lot was full of people and cars back then , street racing was out there but, the real races were done at Tower.....

Cops were in force out there but, if you were parked in a lot they left you alone...There were accidents and fights here and there but, for the most part it was pretty safe considering the amount of cars and people out there....

I have no interested in doing ANY highway laps anymore, I guess it's just that I remember what it once was and seeing what it has become makes me miss it even more....

Yooformula
04-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Yoo, I haven't raced (or even been) to hwy in at least 6-7 years, not including actually getting some food or something... I'm not justifying the racing, just saying that we've all kinda been there, no reason to really bash.

I wasnt bashing on doing it. I was bashing on the mentality that some have that its ok to do it and that everyone else should just accept it.

Waver
04-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I keep on saying this every time one of these threads get started. Hwy fell apart after summer of 2003, and it hasnt been the same since. I was going up there from 1995-2003, I have a ton of stories from it, made a bunch of friends because of it. It was bumper to bumper back then in any direction, and parking lots like Oscars, Omega, AMF were just packed....Hell even the gas stations had a ton of people there. Hell in the summer, it was a rolling car show, with peoples daily drivers along side some bad ass classic muscle and late model muscle. People would leave solid gold and go right to highway. I miss those days because it was fun. Now, not so much. Maybe it is because I am older, or that I worry about my car more, but it is so not the same as it once was.

TheRX7Project
04-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I keep on saying this every time one of these threads get started. Hwy fell apart after summer of 2003, and it hasnt been the same since. I was going up there from 1995-2003, I have a ton of stories from it, made a bunch of friends because of it. It was bumper to bumper back then in any direction, and parking lots like Oscars, Omega, AMF were just packed....Hell even the gas stations had a ton of people there. Hell in the summer, it was a rolling car show, with peoples daily drivers along side some bad ass classic muscle and late model muscle. People would leave solid gold and go right to highway. I miss those days because it was fun. Now, not so much. Maybe it is because I am older, or that I worry about my car more, but it is so not the same as it once was.

+1. 2002 was the last year I remember HWY (not to mention the street racing scene like Ambrosia, 81st, 55th, etc) being good. I remember Omega being packed with cars, Oscars packed and the HWY itself just packed with cars. Cool cars too... everything from mini trucks to ricers to muscle cars.

It was, as you said, a "rolling car show." It's not like that anymore, it's not because you're older so much as it is because the F&F crowd racing through traffic made the cops have to crack down on "potential racers", making the businesses have to crack down on loiterers, and it just all went downhill.

FoxStang
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes it was that car sounded nasty! Not sure on the plate. I see your sig says 79 Mustang do you have the pace car up there with draglights?

If the plate was 86 WH1 I know who it is, not on here but real nice guy. He must be running open dp again. And no, I have a 79 with a 93 front end. You won't be seeing my car till sometime in May, got some work to do on it yet.

BigSnailBuick
04-05-2010, 10:54 PM

That was not me good sir.

BigSnailBuick
04-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I agree with the aformentioned statements regarding HWY 100.

Unfortunately, due to the PD being a bunch of dickholes, I can't even drive my Eclipse near Hwy 100 to meet up with my BCM buddies and catch some dinner and chat without being threatened or ticketed by a WAPD officer -- doing NOTHING wrong.

Sure, my car is a bit loud, but in no way louder than a Harley or half the stuff that cruises Hwy. Heck, I normally don't rev the car past 4000rpm on city streets, and always do the speed limit -- especially on Hwy 100.

Last year, I got pulled over for IDLING in neutral. Ticket got dropped, but still.

I guess I will just see whoever comes down to GLD or to my place, as that is the only time I drive my Eclipse anymore; other than going to the grocery store or parts store.

Agreed...I cant even get on hyw with mine or my old mans cars. Last time I brought the porsche out I got pulled over 2 blocks into the main drag off the freeway. He came up to the window and said "Nothing on this car is legal...go home or ill tow it." I laughed and just went home.

ND4SPD
04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I thought the whole reason "cruising" became illegal is because certain segments of society thought it would be a great idea to have rolling block parties shutting down whole streets with 50+ cars.

BR3W CITY
04-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I thought the whole reason "cruising" became illegal is because certain segments of society thought it would be a great idea to have rolling block parties shutting down whole streets with 50+ cars.

since i know someone will say it.... "dats racist"

I know thats at least part of the reason that they are so strict on Lincoln Memorial drive in summer. Setting up the Mobile Command and everything.

gottwins?
04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
HWY 100 issues are nothing new. People are never going to behave properly and cops aren't going to stop fucking with people, if its not because someone is doing soething wrong its because of $$.

GTO RLY?
04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Highway 100 is fucking lame. If I wanted stop and go, I'd take 45 down to the zoo interchange at 4:30 in the afternoon.

I stopped going 7-8 years ago because of the rice, shitty road surface, and every night was just an epic sausage fest.