PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with my Durango

moels
04-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Left turn signal went from blinking fast to not blinking at all. Took it apart and changed every bulb except the headlight which is fine. Now, the wierdest thing is going on. When I engage the left turn signal, the hazards come on. When the headlights are on, nothing happens when I engage the left signal.

I'm going out to play some more and check some fuses, but if any of you guys have seen this before please clue me in.

Thanks alot

xxtremeteam
04-02-2010, 12:08 PM
simple answer park truck drive mustang!!!!!!!

moels
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
That works Eric, but I have to take the Durango to Indy next weekend for my sons baseball tournament and I'd like to have a left turn signal.

RanJer
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
http://www.diycycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/HandSignals.gif
:goof

Sorry, I'm no help.

michelle
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Is everything else working on that arm assembly (multi-function switch) in the car? Right signal, wipers at all speeds, etc?

I haven't been in a Dodge in a long time, but could there be short or electrical issue in that arm?

moels
04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Everything works on the switch as it should. What I ended up doing for now was disconnecting one of the 2 turn signal bulbs. It works as it should now, only it blinks really fast. Good enough for now until I figure out the real issue.

Prince Valiant
04-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Bad flasher? I'm not sure why putting the left and not the right on makes hazards go, but a flasher control all of that....

pashtrd
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
bad ground on 1 of the left side lights?

moels
04-02-2010, 03:43 PM
bad ground on 1 of the left side lights?

I was kind of thinking something like that as well. The bulb that I disconnected didn't sit in the light housing very well and I think the connection would just be loose enough to cause the issue. I will have to replace the whole bulb housing on that one and see if it solves it. It works for now, so I'll dig into it sometime in the near future.

Yooformula
04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
usually when it blinks fast, its because the other bulb is toast or the flasher relay is fried. I'm sure you checked the rear turn signal bulbs already right? I would try the flasher relay next.

moels
04-02-2010, 04:54 PM
All bulbs are fine front and rear. I'll post up what I find when I dig into it.