PDA

View Full Version : Emissions testing questions

EvolvedRegal
04-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I know this has been beat to death but with all the new rules there still ahs to be some type of loop-hole.

The car is a 2003 and will never pass the 7 county emissions test or OBD-II test since all the OBD stuff has been taken off. I do have a house in Adams county but never looked into if they still require the OBD test up there.

Any other easier ways to get around this problem? The car is currently registered in FL but that lapsed last year.

JC70SS
04-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Go to DMV, tell them you are switching the county where it is kept. Adams co. does not have emmissions. That simple.

03Seville
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Yup just call, takes less than 10mins and it's changed.

PB86MCSS
04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Don't even have to use your address in Adams county, although that is helpful. I changed one of mine when the renewal card came in the mail, there is a spot to change the County it's kept in just like when registering the car for the first time. Just keep your same address, you only really need the City/County where it's kept.

EvolvedRegal
04-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Ahh, gotcha.

Thanks.

xxsn0blindxx
04-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Speaking of the DMV I've got to rant about them. I had a half day today since it was Good Friday and needed to get my emissions test done, but they were closed. Why the hell does the DMV have Good Friday off? Kids can't talk about the Bible in school, but the DMV can take some time off for Good Friday, why not Ash Wednesday, Yom Kippur and Ramadan while they're at it?

EvolvedRegal
04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Simple answer.

WI politicians are idiots. High speed rail here we come.

Rocket Power
04-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Speaking of the DMV I've got to rant about them. I had a half day today since it was Good Friday and needed to get my emissions test done, but they were closed. Why the hell does the DMV have Good Friday off? Kids can't talk about the Bible in school, but the DMV can take some time off for Good Friday, why not Ash Wednesday, Yom Kippur and Ramadan while they're at it?

I think they were using it as one of their furlough days. They have a list of days they are closed on their site. I went yesterday and got my bike plates, so I was on the site checking hours and noticed it.

MurphysLaw88GT
04-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I think they were using it as one of their furlough days. They have a list of days they are closed on their site. I went yesterday and got my bike plates, so I was on the site checking hours and noticed it.

Nope. When I worked there it was a day off.

Larrygto
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
As long as were talking about emisions. I swear my 02 and 04 cars were do for emisions this year yet they gave me my new stickers with out testing. Did they change something?

Rocket Power
04-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Nope. When I worked there it was a day off.

My bad:goof

Slow Joe
04-02-2010, 06:19 PM
As long as were talking about emisions. I swear my 02 and 04 cars were do for emisions this year yet they gave me my new stickers with out testing. Did they change something?

On even years cars from odd years are tested. On odd years cars from even years are tested.