PDA

View Full Version : Hookup on Mizuno Golf Clubs/Options ?

awsomeears
04-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I went to get my swing analyzed at B&G, turns out the training equipment I used was only a month old to the market. It was pretty slick how they did everything and the Guy was super nice. I should add the Training tool I was using was designed by Mizuno.

The clubs that I was hitting that felt crisp and clean were Muzuno MX300, we switched up the shafts from stock to Project X 5.0 Stiff Shaft ( I have the paper work ) with +2 degrees upright Lie Angle.

Clubs 3-PW were $799 and the shafts were $12 each to upgrade :stare

Yikes that's allot of money and yes I love playing Golf but dam, I'm not a cheap ass but were talking $1k for clubs and I'm just a weekend warrior if that :D

Brand names are not important to me, Whatever feels crisp works so possible there is another alternative out there.

Any Ideas or help would be great...

* EDIT *

http://www.easygolforder.com/images/upload/Image/Mizuno-Shaft-Optimizer_180x250.jpg

Getting the best shaft for you game can be a lengthy process of trial and error. Mizuno's "shaft optimizer"—a standard 6-iron with a proprietary device affixed just below the grip—eliminates the guesswork. The unit, which consists of a microprocessor with strain gauges and accelerometers, measures clubhead speed, swing tempo, shaft droop (toe down), forward bend (kick angle), and release factor (based on either a handsy or a body swing). It then recommends three shafts (based on flex, weight and bend profile) for you to test during a fitting session. The tool works in tandem with Mizuno's newly released interchangeable iron fitting system (27 heads; 44 shafts).

Smokey1226
04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Idk anymore but Goodens Golf usually deals on clubs. I bought my Mizuno Mp-32's back when they just came out for $505. Versus the $800+ everyone else wanted

0TransAm0
04-03-2010, 08:48 AM
i got my set of irons and most of my clubs,so did my dad from www.globalgolf.com we got used ones for 1/4 of the new price. you just have to pick and choose what you want or wait for the deal. both iron sets we got still had all the shrink plastic on the heads and grips and were display only,never played.
they have a "open box returned" section. check it out, if you don't mind used never played clubs..

mr.gone1985
04-03-2010, 10:56 AM
X2 for Goodens in Mukwonago. Great prices and nice people. Worth the drive. Also known on Ebay under the seller's name of greatswing .

awsomeears
04-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Also why does mizuno sell there sets as 4-PW, could have swore 3 was the starting point in most sets ?

Smokey1226
04-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Probably because most amatures are switching out the 3irons for Hybrids now a days. And guys were complaining about why they have to spend the money on a club they instantly arent going to use. Adams golf is doing that as well. Im still a 2-pw guy, but might start playing with some hybrids this year.

Crawlin
04-04-2010, 08:49 AM
A nice set of clubs, that improve confidence and overall game, will make you want to play more :) hahaha

that's how you rationalize the expensive clubs :)

awsomeears
04-04-2010, 10:39 AM
X2 for Goodens in Mukwonago. Great prices and nice people. Worth the drive. Also known on Ebay under the seller's name of greatswing .

I just sent them a email about pricing, hopefully they will get back to me :thumbsup

mr.gone1985
04-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I just sent them a email about pricing, hopefully they will get back to me :thumbsup

Cool! I live near there and will be going in there to get some new grips for my clubs. They are usually pretty quick to respond.

Smokey1226
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Last i was in there, Ray is the guy who runs the golf department. He usually goes quite a bit off on the sticker pricing. I paid $79 for my Mizno MpR wedges made to my specs right from Mizuno and were stickered $109 on their floor? lol

Memphis
04-04-2010, 02:48 PM
who's reasonable when it comes to custom length clubs? The irons I use seem to short and I want something that better fits me height wise.

Smokey1226
04-05-2010, 12:29 AM
who's reasonable when it comes to custom length clubs? The irons I use seem to short and I want something that better fits me height wise.
Do you mean changing out shafts? or ordering new clubs? If you order new most compaines will cut the shafts to whatever length you want. +1/2" over standard all the way up. Im a +1" on all my clubs.