PDA

View Full Version : Latest CL bullshit.

GTSLOW
04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
So I reposted a bunch of stuff forsale and within minutes I get like 3 or 4 emails asking if the item is still for sale. Of course the first one I replied to, and within seconds you get an auto response.

--- On Thu, 4/1/10, rosawharry087@yahoo.com <rosawharry087@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Yahoo! Auto Response
To:
Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 7:45 AM

You don't have to sell this.

I used to sell stuff on CL just like you were doing to pay my bills. I ended up realizing a lot of people get ripped off, its over-all NOT SAFE anymore to meet people from craigslist. A friend of mine told me about an amazing website and said I should check it out so I did. I made about 4000$ last month. I'm making more than I was at my regular job. If I can do it, you can. Visit http://googlepaid.me

If you need help getting started please let me know.

How fucking annoying.

jbiscuit
04-01-2010, 07:48 AM
its getting to the point that about 70% or more of the responses I get from ads posted on craigslist are stupid spammers. Some sound legit from the getgo and then you realize its just another one.

Josepy
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Same shit is happening for me also. Jackasses.

awsomeears
04-01-2010, 09:01 AM
What you have to do is REQUEST they place there phone # and full name in the subject line or else you WILL NOT RESPOND !!!

So then its up to you to open it or not...............

-stew-
04-01-2010, 09:10 AM
When I sell shit on CL now I don't accept emails. Just phone calls. Cuts down on the time waisters. Also Ebay classifieds is another good, free way to sell shit F2F with out having to ship shit.

Rocket Power
04-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Haven't gotten that yet.

What with stupid sellers that can't spell what they are selling when they have a picture of the brand name or model name right in the fricken ad?:goof

GTSLOW
04-01-2010, 09:41 AM
When I sell shit on CL now I don't accept emails. Just phone calls. Cuts down on the time waisters. Also Ebay classifieds is another good, free way to sell shit F2F with out having to ship shit.

Huh I tried putting a car forsale once with my number listed. A few days later I was getting random automated calls about better ways to sell cars. Thankfully they stopped a few days later. After that I will never put a phone # in a CL ad.

Waver
04-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I got a few of these when I was selling my truck, as well as some asshole saying that he could sell it for me.......

Karps TA
04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I posted something yesterday and my gmail account had 5 responses all from the same IP. Each had the exact same question started with the same misspelled word.

Slow Joe
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Sounds par for the course... When I had the Mach on CL I got more spam and automated callers than anywhere else it was listed.

Just remember, you're posting it for free. You'll get spam.

fivonut
04-01-2010, 12:37 PM
A friend of mine is selling his mothers house (she passed away). A couple of weeks ago he drove by and noticed a vehicle in the driveway so he stopped. The guy starts telling him that he's thinking about renting the house and according to the rental ad on Craig's list the owner, Mitch, is away in Africa. Mitch says no I'm not I'm right here and this house is for sale not for rent. So he goes home and finds the house listed for rent on Craig's list and sends the guy an email saying he's interested in renting. He gets a link to an online application. The police refuse to do anything saying it's not causing him any harm. Come to find out a very angry couple contacted his Realtor wanted their $400 deposit back. The police keep telling him there's nothing they can do.

FoxStang
04-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Some of those spams are pretty obvious, selling a school bus and they get back saying they want to look at your car...

Yooformula
04-02-2010, 12:38 AM
A friend of mine is selling his mothers house (she passed away). A couple of weeks ago he drove by and noticed a vehicle in the driveway so he stopped. The guy starts telling him that he's thinking about renting the house and according to the rental ad on Craig's list the owner, Mitch, is away in Africa. Mitch says no I'm not I'm right here and this house is for sale not for rent. So he goes home and finds the house listed for rent on Craig's list and sends the guy an email saying he's interested in renting. He gets a link to an online application. The police refuse to do anything saying it's not causing him any harm. Come to find out a very angry couple contacted his Realtor wanted their $400 deposit back. The police keep telling him there's nothing they can do.

tmj4 did a piece on this kind of scam just recently and from what I saw, the cops were supposedly doing something about it. a chick that used to be on here got arrested for this bullshit scam too. dont remember her username but her name was diana nugent.

Al
04-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I usually have a line at the bottom saying "in your reply email, type "HAPPY" or some other word in the title." It shows that they read your posting all the way through. Typically, 70% of cl responses do not follow the directions.

GTSLOW
04-02-2010, 09:45 AM
tmj4 did a piece on this kind of scam just recently and from what I saw, the cops were supposedly doing something about it. a chick that used to be on here got arrested for this bullshit scam too. dont remember her username but her name was diana nugent.

Ya it's crazy to think how much $$ these idiots are making off people. I remember when we were looking for a place in Madison the guy tried to say he was a Priest traveling around Africa helping tribes learn about God. :wtf low lifes will do and say ANYTHING to get money.

Sprayaway Fox
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I dont even use Email. I know its bad to post your phone number but fuck it, I put on my adds MUST CALL do not look at email, If your gonna buy it your gonna talk to me anyway before you pick it up.

If I dont get calls then I go to my Email. If you dont have enough balls to call then your too timid to drive your ass over to my house with cash anyway.