PDA

View Full Version : Go figure they mention WI.

GTSLOW
03-31-2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-30-speeding-cushion_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

Article about the economy causing the 5-10mph buffer to disappear for speeders.

Karps TA
04-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Essentially admitting that speeding tickets are more about revenue generating then actual safety concerns.

That_Guy
04-01-2010, 08:39 AM
We where talking out this the other day. The oconomowoc police department actively persued a warrant on my neighbor for failing to pay a an 85 dollar expired tags ticket. I couldn't believe it! I could see if your a drug dealer, murderer, or a rapist. But for failing to pay a ticket an 85 dollar ticket. I mean come on! They literally came to his house and knocked on his door cuffed him and took him to the police station! Over 85 dollars! Just wow. The best part is he sent a check in the mail and they had recieved it the same day but they didn't process it through there system.

British_Ben
04-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Ridiculous.

Sure am glad I bought that trusty radar detector. I can slow from 5-10 over pretty quick when it beeps.

Neal Steffek
04-01-2010, 09:03 AM
We where talking out this the other day. The oconomowoc police department actively persued a warrant on my neighbor for failing to pay a an 85 dollar expired tags ticket. I couldn't believe it! I could see if your a drug dealer, murderer, or a rapist. But for failing to pay a ticket an 85 dollar ticket. I mean come on! They literally came to his house and knocked on his door cuffed him and took him to the police station! Over 85 dollars! Just wow. The best part is he sent a check in the mail and they had recieved it the same day but they didn't process it through there system.

Same thing happened to me kinda. I was on my way home from work one night and saw a drunk driver on I-94. (he was bumping off the gaurd rails) I called 911 to go get him and they did. 10 mins after I got home the cops were at my door for a ticket I didnt pay. They took me to the station in cuffs to find out I did in fact go to court for it. He said he was sorry and drove me home. :fire

PureSound15
04-01-2010, 09:11 AM
I certainly have noticed my radar detector going off more than ever.

In the 1 hour trip between Appleton and West Bend - I've seen 5 or 6 cops! I'll get nabbed eventually, I'm sure :(

GTSLOW
04-01-2010, 09:39 AM

I guess Madison/Dane County is WAAAAY behind. I've had kids try to join that had $1000+ worth of tickets that haven't been paid since 2007 and earlier. All they do is send it to collections. Some of these are criminal tickets too. :wtf

hrsp
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM
great news....ugh

gottwins?
04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Same thing happened to me kinda. I was on my way home from work one night and saw a drunk driver on I-94. (he was bumping off the gaurd rails) I called 911 to go get him and they did. 10 mins after I got home the cops were at my door for a ticket I didnt pay. They took me to the station in cuffs to find out I did in fact go to court for it. He said he was sorry and drove me home. :fire

After that kind of bullshit I would give them a real reason to take me in. :)

IcePickFreak
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I got pulled over last night for 'allegedly' speeding. Was some white car next to me in the left lane that kept speeding up or slowing down not letting me get over, there wasn't much other traffic around. After the third light my left turn was coming up at the next set of lights so I hit a little harder to get around and get in the turn lane, ran it up to only 65 or so - speed limit was 40. Originally I thought it was the same jackass that got behind me in the turn light, but... it was an unmarked and he flipped his lights on as I rounded the corner. At this point I thought it was the unmarked that was being the jackass, as I never seen more than the white front fender/bumper and wasn't paying attention to what kind of actual car it was.

So the cop said he figured I was doing "62mph, but I wasn't able to clock you" so I don't know how he came up with that number. My dumb ass got in a bit of an argument with him and I called him out for blocking me out of the left lane still thinking that it was the same car. Turns out he had seen the other guy block me, and pulled around the front of him after I took off to move over. He grabbed my license and ran it, came back in only about a minute or so and said since he didn't clock me all he could do was give me a $287 ticket for imprudent acceleration and/or speed or some shit. It was my bday yesterday though and although he didn't say that was the reason, he told me he wasn't going to give me the ticket and I should slow down and be careful. I literally marked it on my calendar that I actually got let go on a potential ticket.