06-05-2004, 06:34 PM
yea gettin them to sign the paper work takes 4ever :goof

Cryptic
06-05-2004, 11:49 PM
man that car is fun. them turbos put a smile on your face ear to ear

Brian98GTP
06-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Cool man!
Planning on modding it at all, or just enjoying it as it sits..??

T-Bag
06-06-2004, 12:17 AM
what year rx7 and what color is it?

SMS 1
06-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Andy, the guy is dead? I have some same sorta issues with one of mine. What did you all have to do (paperwork wise) to title the thing? Did they even have the title? Just curious :confused

Congrats on the new baby!

Cryptic
06-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Cool man!
Planning on modding it at all, or just enjoying it as it sits..??

for now, just new windshield, loose the pre-cat and replace with aftermarket offroad downpipe and new exhaust/catback. Gotta do some research and what to get.

what year rx7 and what color is it?

93' Red
http://www.pbase.com/image/22111377/medium.jpg

Hey Andy, the guy is dead? I have some same sorta issues with one of mine. What did you all have to do (paperwork wise) to title the thing? Did they even have the title? Just curious :confused

Yeah the guy drove 1 of his 3 motorcycles into wall and ended himself. Apparently nobody really liked the guy. I needed a Death Certificate and Court document for power of attorney for the person who can sign the title over to me.

jbiscuit
06-07-2004, 03:14 PM
bad ass man! Welcome to the Darkside!!!! The Import Side that is!!!! A turbo-back exhaust will wake that car up! You will be amazed at how much it helps out. I would do some gauges also though and perhaps a coilover suspension :3gears:

turbogarrett
06-07-2004, 06:16 PM
full 3" exhaust(dp, mp, cb) should bump you up 60 hp assuming everything else is 100%. you may even get some flames between shifts. my 7 trapped 107 with just a full exhaust and ebay cold air intake.

Cryptic
06-07-2004, 06:43 PM
A turbo-back exhaust will wake that car up! You will be amazed at how much it helps out. I would do some gauges also though and perhaps a coilover suspension :3gears:

yeah when funds allow

full 3" exhaust(dp, mp, cb) should bump you up 60 hp assuming everything else is 100%. you may even get some flames between shifts. my 7 trapped 107 with just a full exhaust and ebay cold air intake.

any reccomendations what and where to buy would be appreciated

Flight_740
06-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Those cars are sweet looking but how is the reliability of the rotary? (Is that whats in it?) They make me nervous because you see so many videos of rotarys blowin the hood off the car. :wooo

GRNDNL
06-07-2004, 07:27 PM
any reccomendations what and where to buy would be appreciated

This ones easy..............www.beeyond-engineering.com

You'll have to start wearing your hat sideways, sliding way down in the seat so nobody can see you driving, take the springs out so your riding on the bump stops, start to talk incoherently and when talking about the performance of your car use the words Could be, Should be, Would be, and Might Run. Oh Ya, your car only needs one speaker in it, throw all the others away.

Those are cool little cars, you keep it in one piece it will be a fun ride...... :thumbsup

T-Bag
06-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Those cars are sweet looking but how is the reliability of the rotary? (Is that whats in it?) They make me nervous because you see so many videos of rotarys blowin the hood off the car. :wooo

They are not reliable AT ALL and most require a rebuild every 50,000 miles or so (if you pound on it hard). Ones reason why a lot of people just say fuck the piece of ass rotary (reliability wise i mean) and go with a 5.0 :)

turbogarrett
06-07-2004, 09:49 PM
check rx7club.com classifieds or even ebay for exhaust pieces. keep in mind that rotaries are very loud with the big 4-5" single tip mufflers, they do make 3" catback with a dual tip muffler setup which is what i have, much quieter and looks factory.

Cryptic
06-07-2004, 11:47 PM
They are not reliable AT ALL and most require a rebuild every 50,000 miles or so (if you pound on it hard). Ones reason why a lot of people just say fuck the piece of ass rotary (reliability wise i mean) and go with a 5.0 :)

Price was right. We're assuming a rebuild in the future, although car is running like a champ now. Despiet its horrible reliabilty track record, the car holds its resale way above most cars out there.

I had a 5.0 with a 108k blow on me, so ford's 302 doesnt impress me that much either. Not saying I wouldn't mind having one again.

The RX7 is a real nice experience to drive. I love the way it handles.

God put me on this planet to own and drive every car possible. I'm losing that battle :goof

Wickedwrx
06-08-2004, 09:47 AM
http://www.rx7trix.com/store/customer/home.php

http://m2performance.com

http://www.pfsupercars.com

Have fun with the car. (my dream car is a black R1 model).

SMS 1
06-08-2004, 04:26 PM
You'll have to start wearing your hat sideways, sliding way down in the seat so nobody can see you driving, take the springs out so your riding on the bump stops, start to talk incoherently and when talking about the performance of your car use the words Could be, Should be, Would be, and Might Run. Oh Ya, your car only needs one speaker in it, throw all the others away.
BWAHAHAHA! Nice Keith! :thumbsup

Hmmm, I'll have to talk to the guys brother then I guess (who I purchased said car from) Thanks for the tips Andy. Now you just need to post some 8000RPM burnout vids! :thumbsup