PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead tv Series

Exitspeed
03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
The Walking Dead TV Series Officially Ordered

http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1080499p1.html

I can't tell you how excited I am for this series. On paper it has the potential to be one a very stellar series. But I'm a big zombie freak so this kinda stuff just gets me geeked. Anyone read the comic?

The Walking Dead TV Series Officially Ordered
Comic book adaptation coming to AMC.
by Eric Goldman

March 29, 2010 - The Walking Dead will indeed be walking across your TV screens. IGN has learned that AMC has ordered the project to series, even as casting continues on the pilot episode. The first season will be a short one – just six-episodes.

Jon Bernthal (The Pacific) will play the character Shane. However, we're also told that the rumors that Jonny Lee Miller (Trainspotting / Eli Stone) will play the lead role of Rick Grimes are not true, so look for an announcement on that front soon.

Based on the Robert Kirkman-created comic book of the same name, The Walking Dead comes from Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption), who is writing, directing and executive producing. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator / The Incredible Hulk) and Kirkman also serve as Executive Producers, along with a new addition – Charles "Chic" Eglee (The Shield / Dexter).

The Walking Dead will premiere in October on AMC.

If you're not familiar with the story of The Walking Dead, check out AMC's description of the series:

The Walking Dead tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive.

Dasred
03-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Ooooooh!
Can't wait!

ND4SPD
03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Hmmm, I thought it was going to be about all of those House members and senators that voted for the healthcare bill. And before you scream that I'm inciting violence... I'm referring to "political dead men/women".

Exitspeed
03-31-2010, 09:11 AM
No, there are plenty of other threads on here about that.

Bart H
03-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Nice I have them all so far.

Bart H
10-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Spread the Dead!

http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=5402425

GHOSST
10-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Sweet! Me and the wife can't wait as well! <------ Also zombie freaks.

HITMAN
10-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Blah...

GHOSST
10-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Blah...

????:confused

Exitspeed
10-21-2010, 12:41 PM
This contest is awesome.

http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=1552778294

Thanks for bringing it to my attention Bart.

IGN's review is out for it and they gave it a 9/10. I can't wait to watch it. I actually I can because some offered to send me toe first episode and I refused because I wanted to watch it on TV.

IcePickFreak
10-23-2010, 01:34 AM
Definitely looking forward to this. I watched the whole behind-the-scenes thing on AMC's website. The zombie costumes and makeup look really good and looks like the show should be pretty gory in the good zombie-killing type way.