PDA

View Full Version : Gas stations with free air

PB86MCSS
03-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Anyone know of some in the metro area who care to share/post where they are? Not many for sure, the only one I know of that I've been to is the Shell station on Sunnyslope and National Ave in New Berlin. My daily LeSabre has a couple tires that have very slow leaks so yea, I find it to be useful info :D .

hrsp
03-28-2010, 11:22 PM
speedway just go inside and ask them to turn it on...

you may spend more in gas than the 50cents it would cost to fill the tires...lol

animal
03-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Anyone know of some in the metro area who care to share/post where they are? Not many for sure, the only one I know of that I've been to is the Shell station on Sunnyslope and National Ave in New Berlin. My daily LeSabre has a couple tires that have very slow leaks so yea, I find it to be useful info :D .

citgo at 84th and layton always had free air. Also a few in the falls do.

97z2801ss
03-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Citgo on 120th n greenfield

Smokey1226
03-29-2010, 01:03 AM
on behalf of one of the very few stations around that offer free air....PLEASE do us a small favor and wrap the hoses back up. I can tell you how upsetting it goes when people leave the hose unwraped and someone will run over the nossle or rip the line.

Thank you!

Car Guy
03-29-2010, 01:22 AM
on behalf of one of the very few stations around that offer free air....PLEASE do us a small favor and wrap the hoses back up. I can tell you how upsetting it goes when people leave the hose unwraped and someone will run over the nossle or rip the line.

This is why most stations no longer offer free air.....:(

wrath
03-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Mobil at the corner of Grandview and Silvernail in Waukesha. This one has a you-coil hose that no one ever bothers to coil so it may or may not be working.

Kwik-trip at down the street on Grandview by Culvers has it. This has an automatic-coil hose and is a PITA.

Why not just get a small compressor on clearance from wallyworld for $40?

lilws6
03-29-2010, 08:42 AM
stop at a tires plus they'll fill up your tires they hate doing it but i alwasy used to do it :) make them suffer while i'm gone lol

jbiscuit
03-29-2010, 08:56 AM
cheap pancake compressor and an air chuck FTW.

lordairgtar
03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Kwik Trip on Janesville and Racine in Muskego has free air...or just get better tires.

Silver350
03-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Citgo station on 118th and Greenfield has free Air. And for Speedway not all of them do this. The one on HWY 100 and Theo trecker doesnt do this even though I mainly get my gas, Smokes and 2pm pick me up from there. All the employees know me but say that there is no longer the button to turn on the air which I dont by.

xxsn0blindxx
03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm pretty sure all Kwik Trips have free air. They also have no fee ATMs and the best pumpkin bars ever.

PB86MCSS
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the tips...118th and Greenfield us pretty close. As for getting a cheap compressor, maybe, tools are a nice investment. As for new tires, I figured someone would say that. Spending that on this car when the tread is good yet and the rims might be the cause, no thanks. I can handle filling up once every two weeks.

Rocket Power
03-29-2010, 09:01 PM
If I'm home, you can stop over, I have a compressor ;)

theavenger333
03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
fix a flat....

Al
03-30-2010, 12:49 PM

Have you considered that you might be spending more on petrol to drive the extra distance to get air than if you pay the 25-50 cents to fill up locally?

edit: just read hrsp

Car Guy
03-30-2010, 12:54 PM
fix a flat....

http://carlnet.no-ip.org/facepalm_implied.jpg

lordairgtar
03-30-2010, 11:52 PM
2pm pick me up from there.
They got hookers?!:stare

97z2801ss
03-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Its 120th n greenfield, I know the owners real well, hell I even work there. yes free air, and no one ever rolls the hose up we replace the nozzle every few months

PB86MCSS
03-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Nope. I fill up at my parents when I'm over, battery powered Craftsman air pump which is kind of a PITA, or gas at the Shell in New Berlin when I'm driving past.

Hopefully people can get it, I'm not replacing a tire for a slow leak when the tread is fine and it's once every two weeks. Now that I know there is one 30 blocks away that isn't really out of my way, its even better. I asked for gas stations with free air, but thanks for the other input :goof

I'm also considerate of putting the hose back or better than I found it, since I appreciate places that offer free air. The Mobil at Moorland/National used to but recently changed to a pay machine.

Have you considered that you might be spending more on petrol to drive the extra distance to get air than if you pay the 25-50 cents to fill up locally?

edit: just read hrsp

deuceWI
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
The Mobile on Hwy100 and Wisconsin has free air.

Don't trust the crappy built in gauge though, bring your own.

Korndogg
04-01-2010, 11:10 AM
fix a flat....

ugh. I used to hate that shit when I worked in a garage