PDA

View Full Version : HA HA Mir gets destroyed

94greenbandit
03-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Carwin definitely let Mir know about his power. Looks like the matchup between him and Lesnar will finally happen again

Lash
03-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Honestly.....

I was kind of worried when I saw Mir at the weigh-ins. The guy is fuking HUGE.

Carwin/Lesnar..... fight of the year!

T-Bag
03-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Mir just has to be crushed, he bulked up so much just to get another shot at Lesnar, now he will most likely never see Lesnar again.

94greenbandit
03-28-2010, 07:02 AM
That was his problem, he focused too much on Lesnar. I know Carwin and Lesnar are similiar but Carwin definitley has the knockout power that Mir I don't think completely respected because he thought he could hit just as hard. Well I guess we will see in July a battle of the Monsters now :banana1:

Lash
03-28-2010, 07:06 AM
That was his problem, he focused too much on Lesnar. I know Carwin and Lesnar are similiar but Carwin definitley has the knockout power that Mir I don't think completely respected because he thought he could hit just as hard. Well I guess we will see in July a battle of the Monsters now :banana1:

Lesnar is still WAY bigger than shane.
Did you see when they brough him in the cage after the fight? :wow

94greenbandit
03-28-2010, 07:25 AM
I know Lesnar is just big in general but I am sure that he is walking around with a bunch of crap weight that he has put back on since he lost all that weight. I will be interested what he looks like for the weigh-ins at his next fight, since he mentioned he has changed his diet. No matter what it will be an interesting fight

Exitspeed
03-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Carwin is a beast. I wanna see him rock lesner.

And man, how technically perfect is GSP? Sure it wasn't the most exciting fight, but from a technical standpoint, second to none.

Lash
03-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Mir just has to be crushed, he bulked up so much just to get another shot at Lesnar, now he will most likely never see Lesnar again.

If Carwin beats Brock I'd bet we see Mir/Lesnar with a year.

T-Bag
03-28-2010, 11:39 AM
If Carwin beats Brock I'd bet we see Mir/Lesnar with a year.

Yeah that's the only scenario I could see happening....but I think Mir is done and maybe focus on broadcasting...at least for a little while.. He can't compete with anybody in the HW division right now except for Nog and Gonzaga.

Z28Envy
03-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Lesnar is still WAY bigger than shane.
Did you see when they brough him in the cage after the fight? :wow

I remember when people were saying Carwin was as big as Lesnar. I told my brother I hope they bring Lesnar in the ring so people will get to see that Lesnar is way bigger. Even with his weight loss Lesnar is still much bigger. I was hoping Carwin would win. I wanted to see him fight Lesnar. It's going to be a great fight and I am a Lesnar fan. He might act stupid in the ring but everyone gave him shit that he wouldn't be successful in the ring. I think Carwin has a much better chance against Lesnar. They are both wrestlers and can hit hard. I think Lesnar will take him down and use his size to control him just like he did Mir. If they stand I have to give the advantage to Carwin.

Lash
03-28-2010, 02:52 PM
One thing a lot of people aren't mentioning is how good Nate Diaz looked at 170. I was inpressed. You could actually hear his punches connect now. I don't know why he want's to drop back down again. Maybe watching the GSP fight changed his mind? lol

Car Guy
03-29-2010, 01:16 AM
I finally watched the fight tonight and was bouncing off the walls when Carwin DESTRYOED Mir in awesome fashion, WOW! I was surprised how long Dan Mirgliotta allowed the fight to go before realizing Mir was well done, that was BS. Carwin's boxing has improved drastically and will win him the belt if the fight stays off the ground.....

Z28Envy
03-29-2010, 03:46 AM
I think the ref played it just right. There was to much on the line and they are quicker to stop the fight at times than they should. Mir is to good and has also been a champ and I bet he would say it was called right. Mir was still defending himself, though not all that well, until he laid flat. Carwin did get a couple shots in but Mirgliotta was quick to jump in then. I thought it was a good stop and done right.