PDA

View Full Version : Class Action Suit AT&T DSL speed settlement

Holeshot
03-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I got a Post card in the mail today that basically stated this. My whole reason for leaving att was because I was not getting what I was paying for and the constant outages.
Link to web page and how to get signed up for class action suit

http://dslspeedsettlement.com/

AT&T DSL customers have sued alleging that AT&T breached its contracts with and defrauded some of its customers by limiting the maximum data speed that some of its customers could obtain at a rate below the maximum rate for the plan the customer purchased. The lawsuit also alleges that AT&T breached its contracts with and defrauded some of its customers by delivering speeds lower than the minimum promised under the customer’s plan, or otherwise disappointed its customers expectations regarding the speed of the DSL service. AT&T strongly denies the allegations, but has agreed to settle to avoid the burden and cost of further litigation. You are a Settlement Class Member if you purchased DSL service from AT&T in the U.S. after March 31, 1994. The Court has not decided whether or not to approve the Settlement. However, if you are a member of the Settlement Class, you must choose whether and how to participate in the Settlement now.

Car Guy
03-29-2010, 01:01 AM
This does not surprise me in any way.....

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2010, 08:32 AM
:rolf

domokun
03-29-2010, 09:12 AM
doesn't surprise me either.

They breached a contract on me and many others....

Silver03SRT
03-29-2010, 09:44 AM
My At&t DSL is always out. I am always reseting the modem trying to get a connection. After about 3 min it goes out again. They suck.

Holeshot
03-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Pay to each person is around $2.90 for each month of service you had from 1994 on. As far as I figure att owes me about $36 bucks

Car Guy
03-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Pay to each person is around $2.90 for each month of service you had from 1994 on.

Cha-ching, we had DSL for about 5 years.....:headbang

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
:rolf 200BUX LOL

Anakonda69
03-29-2010, 11:42 AM
never had any issues with their dsl. actually just got it again.

Karps TA
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Only issues I've had is the modem died after 2+years and I've had a filter or 2 go bad. Other than that it's been very reliable for me. Probably just depends on your area.

I'd say every single service like that - phone, Internet, tv you can find people who love and/or hate any company. I despise Direct TV for their shady business practices.

FoxStang
03-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Only issues I've had is the modem died after 2+years and I've had a filter or 2 go bad. Other than that it's been very reliable for me. Probably just depends on your area.

I'd say every single service like that - phone, Internet, tv you can find people who love and/or hate any company. I despise Direct TV for their shady business practices.

Too true, I've never had problems with DirecTV.