PDA

View Full Version : Any Market For...

hrsp
03-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Baseball and basketball cards? Or are they pretty much worthless unless you have a super rare card? where can i take them to locally?

4I Notch
03-27-2010, 12:36 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. I have a ton of old basketball and baseball cards that I would like to trade in for some cash if possible.

wrath
03-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Only if it's really old.

I have a bunch of cards from the early 90s that are worth today what they were worth back then.

Car Guy
03-27-2010, 12:50 AM
I am afraid to find out what our collection of mainly `90-95 basketball, baseball, and football cards are now worth. In `95 it would have easily SOLD for at least $5,000, my somewhat edumacated guess now is less than $1,000 to the right person.....:puppyeyes

Only if it's really old.

I have a bunch of cards from the early 90s that are worth today what they were worth back then.

What do you consider 'really old', and what cards from the early 90s are you referring to...??? Most of ours are from that period and they are worth a fraction of what they were back then, including the rare elite cards......

97z2801ss
03-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Unless thier 70s and before they are not worth the paper they are printed on unless rare or special.... I have alot of cards but they are worth squat

Turbo-Triumph
03-27-2010, 01:15 AM
i believe my brother traded a mickey mantel rookie card away for some b/s card when we were real young, to Matt K. correct, James?

wrath
03-27-2010, 01:19 AM
Cards prior to 1985 or limited printing cards are the only ones worth money. I have a bunch of Ken Griffey Jr cards from the early 90s. Back then they were worth $1.50-2.50 and that's all they're worth now. There were a metric shit ton of cards produced from about 1985 to 2000--after parents started acquiring more disposable income and before every kid got a computer in their bedroom. If you've got the space, hang on to them. At this point you're trying to get your cards to outlast other collectors.

Dasred
03-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I know there's a card shop on Packard in Cudahy, been meaning to take my small collection there to see what's up.

DoubleAron
03-27-2010, 08:36 AM
My dad was a huge collector. Long before he died he had a plan set up to have them all divided up between my sister and I.

At one time and I am not sure how this number came about but it was estimated that his "collection" was worth roughly $75,000.

He died in late 2004 and we sold them sometime in '05. I think we each ended up walking away with $6,000 or so. We probably could have gotten a little more but this was a huge quanity of stuff and it was taking over our houses.

The market got so saturated in the '80s-'90s and pretty much ruined any value there once was.

Crawlin
03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I got a crap ton 1969 football cards. Joe Namath, 2 Larry Csonka, Brian Piccolo, 2 Gale Sayers, and 2 Ray Nitschke(one of them signed from when he came down to Sportsmart back in the late 90's)

They were worth like $50-$75 each, now I'm afraid to look.

Coolest set of cards I have is a box set of the Desert Storm cards. There were two different collections from two different manufacturers and I have both(cousin gave them to me since he was in the war)

hrsp
03-27-2010, 01:24 PM
may get chucked...lol

VroomPshhTsi
03-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Coolest set of cards I have is a box set of the Desert Storm cards. There were two different collections from two different manufacturers and I have both(cousin gave them to me since he was in the war)

Hell yeah! :headbang I remember those cards, got me interested in the military (but not enough to enlist) :goof

I sold most my collection a couple years ago, still have a bunch of hockey and basetball though. Once in a while I debate getting rid of them for cheap. With that said, anyone interested? lol

Seriously I'm looking to dump hundreds of cards, any half reasonable offer will be taken. PM me for details.

0TransAm0
03-27-2010, 06:15 PM
eh keep that shit and give them to your kids or nephew's.. who knows it may turn around in 10 years...

hrsp
03-27-2010, 11:55 PM
eh keep that shit and give them to your kids or nephew's.. who knows it may turn around in 10 years...

you never know...

lordairgtar
03-28-2010, 12:57 AM
No one's buying. walk into a card shop and they will flat out refuse to buy. I tried last year with some old NBA and NFL and Star trek cards.

TheRX7Project
03-28-2010, 07:59 AM
i believe my brother traded a mickey mantel rookie card away for some b/s card when we were real young, to Matt K. correct, James?

It was a replica card, a re-make from Topps. I'm not an idiot.

I still have my Roger Clemens collection. One day those bitches will be worth bank.

jbiscuit
03-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Just hang on to them. Someday they will be worth something. Like others have said the 90s ruined card values. The ones to pick up are the hall of famers rookies and hang on to those. Nolan ryan, Ricky henderson, Wade boggs etc