PDA

View Full Version : Onstar and cell phone

Anakonda69
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
anyway i can use my onstar mic with my cell phone? i hate bluetooth headsets. also really want to know so i can do this for my wife in her tb. any help?

IcePickFreak
03-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Do you still use/subscribe to Onstar? It's a bit easier if you don't mind losing Onstar in that vehicle. If you don't mind losing it check out http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html.

If you do use Onstar it's a bit tougher, but contact these guys http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ and see if it's possible to reprogram a Bluetooth capable Onstar box to work with your particular vehicle. These guys work wonders with various electronic modules for GMs.

Just be fore-warned, it's not exactly cheap to do.

BAD LS1
03-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Like mentioned above, not so sure its easy to do, you can make calls from your onstar though like a cell phone. Newer stuff like my camaro has bluetooth for cell phones built in.

stealthy1ss
03-27-2010, 01:47 PM
My car has its own phone number that I can add on to my Verizon plan. I am not sure if all Onstar vehicles are like this though.

IcePickFreak
03-27-2010, 04:14 PM
My car has its own phone number that I can add on to my Verizon plan. I am not sure if all Onstar vehicles are like this though.

Yeah that's an Onstar feature. For it to work you need to be subscribed to Onstar, and then on top of that you have to pay for an additional phone line (with a different number) for your car.

MoCkiN U
03-27-2010, 05:06 PM

dont turn that shit off!!!

Your cost is $9.99 and it shares minutes you have. You are grandfathered into it. THey stopped that a while back I learned when we got the buick and I didnt know. NOW you have to buy minutes in buckets of $15 and they are only good for 90 days like Fn prepay

stealthy1ss
03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
dont turn that shit off!!!

Your cost is $9.99 and it shares minutes you have. You are grandfathered into it. THey stopped that a while back I learned when we got the buick and I didnt know. NOW you have to buy minutes in buckets of $15 and they are only good for 90 days like Fn prepay

I never set up the extra line. So I am guessing that I will never be able to get that option again. The reason I never got it was because I am not in my car that often.

brotherbenn83
03-27-2010, 11:59 PM
All Gen 8 Onstar systems are blue tooth compatible with the ability to pair up to FIVE devices to them. There is a separate antenna for it mounted on the VCIM (Onstar module)

Anakonda69
03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
i do not subscribe to onstar.

HP ADDICT
04-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Post #2 is your best option. Plug and play and uses the factory mic.