PDA

View Full Version : I F'n HATE PayPal rant

Neal Steffek
03-26-2010, 08:06 AM
I have been selling a bunch of stuff on EBay the last 2 months to free up some space where I live. Everyone once in a while I am getting a turd that will dispute my sale because of some stupid shit.

First one was a guy who won an auction for 3 books. Total of sale was $120. He said when he received the items they looked like crap, and not as described from my eBay listing. BULLSHIT. I even had pictures of the books. Pal Pal sided with him, but did not take any of my money because they said I never had a problem before.

Second is a guy I sold an item to that he won for $61. He lives in Russia. Pal Pal took my money because he said he never got it. Post office cant track it because it is in a different country. Good bye $61 from my account.

Now today some fuck says he is missing the manual that was listed in the auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170455203650&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT
Bullshit, it is there. Here is the Email he sent me.

Hello,

I just recieved this game and it does not have the manual as pictured and stated in your auction. I would like an immediate refund for the purchase price. If you would like the incomplete game returned, add an additional 2.50 for shipping and hanldling charges. I have dealt with these types of situations before unfortunately this is an all to common accurance. Please respond with in 48 hrs of this message, failure to do so will result in negative feedback and a filed complaint to ebay a paypal. There is no question that I will come out on top so do yourself a favor and issue the refund.

Fucking scammers. :fire

TheRX7Project
03-26-2010, 08:16 AM
This is why you:
Don't ship to foreign countries with eBay.
Make sure he sends you the game back BEFORE you issue a refund. Give him his $2.50 or whatever and get your shit back.
And make sure every time you ship anything, you take a picture of it in the shipping box.

Unfortunately there's plenty of scammers out there... you gotta CYA

That_Guy
03-26-2010, 08:36 AM
the guy probably has the game already he just needed the manual.

Car Guy
03-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Solution: do NOT use PayPal, USPS money order or nothing. You receive $$$ and then send out item, end of story.....

Dr.Buick
03-26-2010, 09:30 AM
I got taken for 2600.00 from a guy and he still has the car parts, but he used his credit card threw pay pal and the cc did the charge back. Pay pal sides with the buyer 95% of the time. They should make sure you get parts back first.

Car Guy
03-26-2010, 09:44 AM
They should make sure you get parts back first.

PayPal will never do that; they would see a HUGE drop in revenue. The only reason PayPal sides with buyers in most situations is to keep collecting the transaction fees. If people are forced to be honest about certain transactions PayPal looses out on a LOT of money. Keep the buyers (scammers included) happy and they will continue to buy, making PayPal filthy rich in the process......

WickedSix
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I've been the seller in this situation before....the buyer wanted a refund because he said the parts were substantially different than indicated in my add. I let it go to arbitration through paypal, I followed all the steps that they laid out, I provided, the price listings, the emails he had sent to me, pictures of the parts, etc. In the end they sided with me. The buyer was unable to prove that anything was substantially different than what I had listed. And in the terms of your sale on ebay you can expressly state your return policy when you list the add. Did you offer a return or exchange? I never do. The buyer should always ask questions before they commit to buy. If they buy and its not what they thought its not the sellers fault they didnt do their research.

Neal Steffek
03-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I've been the seller in this situation before....the buyer wanted a refund because he said the parts were substantially different than indicated in my add. I let it go to arbitration through paypal, I followed all the steps that they laid out, I provided, the price listings, the emails he had sent to me, pictures of the parts, etc. In the end they sided with me. The buyer was unable to prove that anything was substantially different than what I had listed. And in the terms of your sale on ebay you can expressly state your return policy when you list the add. Did you offer a return or exchange? I never do. The buyer should always ask questions before they commit to buy. If they buy and its not what they thought its not the sellers fault they didnt do their research.

I never do returns also.

GTSLOW
03-26-2010, 11:02 AM
I

Hello,

I just recieved this game and it does not have the manual as pictured and stated in your auction. I would like an immediate refund for the purchase price. If you would like the incomplete game returned, add an additional 2.50 for shipping and hanldling charges. I have dealt with these types of situations before unfortunately this is an all to common accurance. Please respond with in 48 hrs of this message, failure to do so will result in negative feedback and a filed complaint to ebay a paypal. There is no question that I will come out on top so do yourself a favor and issue the refund.

Fucking scammers. :fire

Just reading that little bitches email pisses me off. Where's his address again? :punch:

GTSLOW
03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Where does it say the manual is included anyways?

Moparjim
03-26-2010, 11:22 AM
I've had no problems with Ebay or Paypal really and have bought and sold hundreds of items. Just document everything you do, track shipping, delivery confirmation etc.

Paypal usually won't side with the buyer in "condition or description of item" type disputes, usually just "didn't receive item" disputes which are easily defended against with delivery confirmation.

If you only accept money orders, you will get far less for your item. Many people myself included won't even buy anything from someone on Ebay or anywhere else using a money order. There is absolutely no realistic protection for you pretty much and I've been screwed that way on DSMTrader for instance. Sure, you can file mail fraud complaints, contact law enforcement, etc. but its a huge hassle and you still most likely will never see your money again.

Paypal and Ebay both actually have pretty good dispute resolution and it has helped me several times as a buyer I got my money back reasonablely fast when my item wasn't shipped to me.

MurphysLaw88GT
03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Solution: do NOT use PayPal, USPS money order or nothing. You receive $$$ and then send out item, end of story.....

Right here!!!

Yooformula
03-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Just an observation but maybe you should be more detailed in your ads and you wouldnt have issues. some of your neg feedback that you did recieve, there wasnt any specifics listed about the condition of the items which is why they were probably able to dispute it...ie: exact condition of every piece in the ad not to mention if a manual is included in each game or not. just stating an item is used doesnt necessarily mean its worn too. Not trying to cause a rukus but I sell ALOT on ebay and have never been burned by paypal. In fact, I dont even sweat it if a dispute comes in because I document every piece of the item with pics and exact descriptions to avoid this kind of mess.

I would make him send back the item first before refunding or wait for paypal to take their steps and back up your claim.

Neal Steffek
03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Just an observation but maybe you should be more detailed in your ads and you wouldnt have issues. some of your neg feedback that you did recieve, there wasnt any specifics listed about the condition of the items which is why they were probably able to dispute it...ie: exact condition of every piece in the ad not to mention if a manual is included in each game or not. just stating an item is used doesnt necessarily mean its worn too. Not trying to cause a rukus but I sell ALOT on ebay and have never been burned by paypal. In fact, I dont even sweat it if a dispute comes in because I document every piece of the item with pics and exact descriptions to avoid this kind of mess.

I would make him send back the item first before refunding or wait for paypal to take their steps and back up your claim.

I understand what you are saying but 1/2 of the problem is Ebay F'in over the sellers on shipping. If I sell a game, Ebay wont let me charge more then $4 for shiping. In reality it cost me $5 to ship one game. That IF it fits in the envelope the USPS offeres. If I want to add tracking, you have to add another $1 to that. So now, I am going to LOSE money on some things I sell. How is that fair? How does Ebay know what it cost me to ship stuff? If people don't want to pay the shipping of an item, don't bid on it!

And the reason I don't write a lot about what I sell is that I take my own pictures of what I sell. They can see EXACTLY what they are getting. I still have a 95% positve rating so I am doing some shit right. :)

TheRX7Project
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Nowhere in your ad does it say the manual is not included- infact it does say "complete in box". Myself, I would assume it included a manual as well.

Granted, I definitely wouldn't have even mentioned disputing it until I gave you a chance to explain. Like the time I bought an R/C car radio set but it was missing the reciever. I asked the seller, and they said they were unfamiliar with the item, and issued a partial refund. No "dispute" necessary.

I agree eBay is tough on sellers, but you look at how many people try to charge $99 shipping on a pair of $3 knock off sunglasses and I see why. They're equally as much of a scammer as the guys who say they never got your item, IMO.

If you want to get more money for your item (or to cover shipping), I suggest listing it at a higher price.

Yooformula
03-26-2010, 01:14 PM
have you tried the usps flat rate shipping boxes? I didnt know there was a max on shipping for a game. You can elect to charge your own flat shipping rate by not choosing their methods for shipping and just either list it in the description or state actual shipping charges to apply.

Your own pictures are fine but it doesnt hurt to add more to the description to help your ad and protect you. I have had to refer to my ad once to justify why I canceled the ad and sold to someone else when payment wasnt made within the time frame I specified. "complete in box" doesnt necessarily mean including the manual, it could mean it includes the ACTUAL box and not just a generic box or a sleeve IMO.

again not trying to bash, just giving some tips. personally I dont purchase from someone with less than 98% rating especially with as little transactions as you have. I would be weary of people trying that shit with you because ebay/paypal might not give you the benefit of the doubt since you have had issues in the past. I never not ship without tracking and insurance and I always include it in the price otherwise if I forget I pay it anyway as I would rather eat $2-3 than lose the entire amount on a chargeback.

either way, hope it works out for ya.

WickedSix
03-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I always add handling charges just for that reason.... I want a tracking number so I know when and who signed for whatever I ship

Neal Steffek
03-26-2010, 02:17 PM
I always add handling charges just for that reason.... I want a tracking number so I know when and who signed for whatever I ship

You can't do that anymore on Ebay. I always used to, but can't anymore.

WickedSix
03-26-2010, 02:32 PM
damn...no wonder i haven't used it and there is barely anything on there worth buying anymore.... i'd rather use CL and use searchtempest to find something I want in another state..

Nickerz
03-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Your complaints are misdirected. You hate selling things. People are a pain in the ass to deal with. I know because I do about 700 sales a month on ebay. You have to cave to people's needs or you'll get kicked off ebay. You probably already have a "very low" customer service rating by your feedback.

Its just the nature of the beast. If you want to sell low quality old shit laying around the house, ebay isn't the place for that stuff anymore, craigslist is. But that has a whole other box of bullshit that goes with it.

Either way its obvious your not cut out for ebay, so I would just stop selling before paypal holds your money for 90 days and ebay suspends your account and the fees come due. Then when you say "fuck ebay, they can suck my dick" like its obvious you probably will, they'll send it to collections.

Sorry it seems like you are your own worst enemy.

pOrk
03-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Your complaints are misdirected. You hate selling things. People are a pain in the ass to deal with. I know because I do about 700 sales a month on ebay. You have to cave to people's needs or you'll get kicked off ebay. You probably already have a "very low" customer service rating by your feedback.

Its just the nature of the beast. If you want to sell low quality old shit laying around the house, ebay isn't the place for that stuff anymore, craigslist is. But that has a whole other box of bullshit that goes with it.

Either way its obvious your not cut out for ebay, so I would just stop selling before paypal holds your money for 90 days and ebay suspends your account and the fees come due. Then when you say "fuck ebay, they can suck my dick" like its obvious you probably will, they'll send it to collections.

Sorry it seems like you are your own worst enemy.

lol

This post is crap, Mr ELITE EBAY SELLER. You sound like a wanker

Nickerz
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
lol

This post is crap, Mr ELITE EBAY SELLER. You sound like a wanker

Whatever man, if you think ebay is the problem when your listings are inaccurate and you can't even manage a couple sales a month you're not cut out for it. If you work hard and follow the path ebay wants they reward you with a ton of sales.

But hey, if you guys want to get on there and jerk people around and get kicked off and be all pissed, fine. I don't care what you do. I'm just offering advice to someone new to ebay who is probably 4-5 transactions away from the ban hammer and an account hold.

pOrk
03-26-2010, 03:45 PM
You guys? You must know about my terrible ebay record! HOW DID YOU FIND OUT.

Oh wait, 100%.

The item he linked was the only one I looked at, and I wouldn't have wasted the time to type as much as he did for a 10 dollar item. Also, he isn't new to ebay, hes been a member since Sep-19-06.

Nickerz
03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
:sigh:

pOrk
03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Just sayin

Nickerz
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah I had 100% feedback for a while too. But once you get into thousands of translations its impossible. I have negative feedback from people with delivery confirmation. You can't please everyone, but when you show a picture with an item including something and then tell them to piss off or ignore their emails, you can assure yourself negative feedback and disputes.

Sure its a cheap item, but people are on ebay to save money. And if they aren't getting what was shown to them its not a deal anymore. They might as well just go to funkoland or wherever then.

Ebay is a pain, everyone agrees, but you have to play by their rules. I do it full time and work on my time selling stuff I enjoy selling, so its not a bad gig if you swallow your ego and just roll with it.

Have a phone number you answer, redirect your email to ebay messages and answer your messages every day. Ship the same day and have good descriptions and you'll be ok.

Ebay isn't really setup for small sellers any more, the last two years they've made it pretty obvious with the policy changes they aren't interested in small sellers.

Even if your on CL you can't win. People on there are just as bad. You have to list your items for twice as much as they should sell for just so you get reasonable offers. If you list a hundred dollar item that damn well sells for a hundred dollars you get barraged with offers for $20.

When we listed our couch and noted we weren't selling the ottoman we got more offers on the ottoman than the couch.

pOrk
03-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I am a HUGE buyer / seller on craigslist and get plenty of low ball offers via email but NEVER in person or over the phone cause most people don't have the balls when it gets more personal then email. I sell most of my stuff via the phone, rarely respond to emails if I am getting phone calls on an item. Just sold one of my single speed mountain bikes to a guy for 150 less then I paid for the bike brand new 2 years ago, he offered 100 less then my asking price which is exactly what I wanted to get for the bike. BING! Like you said, on clist you never list your actual price, but an inflated price so the buyer feels like they are on the winning side of the negotiation.

I'll be honest, the only time I sell on ebay is when I have an item I KNOW is worth money but can't sell it on clist. Its pretty rare, hence my low ebay numbers. 100% is easy when its less then 20 transactions a year. Most everything sells on clist though, luckily for me its still free.

Neal Steffek
03-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah I had 100% feedback for a while too. But once you get into thousands of translations its impossible. I have negative feedback from people with delivery confirmation. You can't please everyone, but when you show a picture with an item including something and then tell them to piss off or ignore their emails, you can assure yourself negative feedback and disputes.

Sure its a cheap item, but people are on ebay to save money. And if they aren't getting what was shown to them its not a deal anymore. They might as well just go to funkoland or wherever then.

Ebay is a pain, everyone agrees, but you have to play by their rules. I do it full time and work on my time selling stuff I enjoy selling, so its not a bad gig if you swallow your ego and just roll with it.

Have a phone number you answer, redirect your email to ebay messages and answer your messages every day. Ship the same day and have good descriptions and you'll be ok.

Ebay isn't really setup for small sellers any more, the last two years they've made it pretty obvious with the policy changes they aren't interested in small sellers.

Even if your on CL you can't win. People on there are just as bad. You have to list your items for twice as much as they should sell for just so you get reasonable offers. If you list a hundred dollar item that damn well sells for a hundred dollars you get barraged with offers for $20.

When we listed our couch and noted we weren't selling the ottoman we got more offers on the ottoman than the couch.

I don't think you read my OP. I have good feedback. Of everything I have sold, I only have 3 bad feedbacks.

The item I sold was exactly as described, and I DID send the maual, but the buyer is saying he didn't get it so he can get my shit for free.:fire

wrath
03-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I've been a fleabay member since 98 and a ghettopal member since it was x.com in 99. I've been burned on fleabay several times and have yet to be on ghettopal. But most of the time I just say pay 3% more if paying by jankpal or use a USPS Money Order and I'll deduct a buck. Most people go USPS Money Order.

I've had people try to scam me before using paypal (when I buy) and I've just opened a dispute with Paypal. I tell paypal they have 10 days to do whatever I want or else Chase will be issuing a chargeback. Paypal always caves. Most people hate Chase but they've treated me very well.

Fleabay/ghettopal about five years ago tried to charge me for a transaction that never actually happened because they ended my listing because they thought it was fraudulent. At the same time I was purchasing another item using Paypal through my GMCard and they stopped that. I forget the details but it basically worked out to Paypal trying to seize $50 from my Paypal account and I had purchased ~$250 truck parts with my GMCard. In the end I got my truck parts, never had to pay ghettopal, and never had to pay GMCard for the parts, and the seller got paid. I'm not sure who ate the $50, the $250, or if the item I was selling ever got to the buyer but I never had any negative ramifications.

So, moral of the story:
Never fund your Paypal account with a bank account. Use a creditcard. As long as you're not a shitty customer the creditcard company WILL side with you.
Do not use a checking account with Paypal that you use for other purchases. Link it to a free checking account that lets you do ACH pushes.
As soon as you get money in your Paypal account from selling something, do an ACH push to your bank account. Once you get it into that bank account do another ACH push to a different bank account.

Yooformula
03-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Do not use a checking account with Paypal that you use for other purchases. Link it to a free checking account that lets you do ACH pushes. As soon as you get money in your Paypal account from selling something, do an ACH push to your bank account. Once you get it into that bank account do another ACH push to a different bank account.

good advice!

Nickerz
03-27-2010, 10:40 AM
good advice!

Not really, that doesn't work either. When you sign up for paypal you sign an agreement saying that they are entitled to all charge back money. So when they do a pull for those funds and its not there one of two things happens.

Usually your bank will send the money and put your account in the negative. However, sometimes they will refuse the pull.

In that case PayPal sends your account into collections.

If you owe money to paypal or ebay you can either pay it or have it show up on your credit. That goes for any company really.

Neal Steffek
03-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Not really, that doesn't work either. When you sign up for paypal you sign an agreement saying that they are entitled to all charge back money. So when they do a pull for those funds and its not there one of two things happens.

Usually your bank will send the money and put your account in the negative. However, sometimes they will refuse the pull.

If you owe money to paypal or ebay you can either pay it or have it show up on your credit. That goes for any company really.

Whats the odds you can take Pay Pal to small claims for theft (and win). They took money form me with out my permission.

TheRX7Project
03-27-2010, 03:56 PM
When you sign up for a Paypal account it says they can take your money without your permission.

wrath
03-27-2010, 04:08 PM

It does work. When you sign up for paypal you agree to let them to take your money at will. You also agree that if you fund your transaction with a creditcard and you issue a chargeback that you violated their Terms of Service. They'll do a pull even if you don't have money in the account and they will not refund any fees even if it was deemed that they were in the wrong.

And sometimes I forget that people still have "bounce protection". So by linking a bank account to paypal that has "bounce protection" you can also get dinged by your bank for a $34 overdraft fee. I found a long time ago that it's cheaper to pay the insufficient funds fee to whoever you tried to pay than deal with your bank... so get rid of the "bounce protection" if it costs you anything.

You can dispute anything and 99% of the time it'll come out for the consumer's advantage. Companies like paypal just take advantage of people's laziness.

Paypal isn't going to send something to collections unless they think they're actually going to get it.

Paypal is actually the devil when it comes to dealing with person-to-person that don't know each other. Way too much risk.

Nickerz
03-27-2010, 06:10 PM
When you sign up for a Paypal account it says they can take your money without your permission.

Bingo. That being said, as long as you follow the rules its very low risk. If you get a lot of charge backs and complaints your account will be frozen and funds will be held. But thats how ALL merchant accounts work. You can't dick people around.

Nickerz
03-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Paypal isn't going to send something to collections unless they think they're actually going to get it.

Paypal is actually the devil when it comes to dealing with person-to-person that don't know each other. Way too much risk.

They don't care if they can collect or not. That IS the purpose of collections. A company PAYS THEM for the opportunity to collect.

Listen you guys are getting way too paranoid about paypal. I take in an enormous amount of paypal payments and have never been scammed by a customer through the paypal system.

The one time I got scammed was when I was being gracious to a customer and sent out an item before getting their item back. Needless to say, she sounded very "urban." And that wasn't anything to do with the paypal system. That was me just being too trusting.

Slow Joe
03-27-2010, 06:29 PM
You can't do that anymore on Ebay. I always used to, but can't anymore.

Yes you can charge extra handling on ebay. I have it on ALL of my auctions (Average of $3)

I sell quite a few things through ebay, and havn't had any issues, however I'm very straight forward and put on good descriptions.

100% positive feedback

Positive 21 74 74
Neutral 1 1 1
Negative 0 0 0

The 1 Neutral was someone that didn't understand that even though I was charging a handling fee and the extra $1 per additional item on top of th first one didn't mean it wouldn't go into a different envelope.

I do accept returns, and haven't ever had to take a single item back.

I have absolutely no issues, ever.

eBay ID: oldcomputerlover101

Right now I'm a little low on inventory, but planning on stocking back up for summer.

Neal Steffek
03-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes you can charge extra handling on ebay. I have it on ALL of my auctions (Average of $3)

I sell quite a few things through ebay, and havn't had any issues, however I'm very straight forward and put on good descriptions.

100% positive feedback

Positive 21 74 74
Neutral 1 1 1
Negative 0 0 0

The 1 Neutral was someone that didn't understand that even though I was charging a handling fee and the extra $1 per additional item on top of th first one didn't mean it wouldn't go into a different envelope.

I do accept returns, and haven't ever had to take a single item back.

I have absolutely no issues, ever.

eBay ID: oldcomputerlover101

Right now I'm a little low on inventory, but planning on stocking back up for summer.

How do you charge extra for shipping? For games it is $4 max, and for a game system it is max of $15.

pOrk
03-27-2010, 11:20 PM
and have never been scammed by a customer through the paypal system.

The one time I got scammed was when I was being gracious to a customer and sent out an item before getting their item back.

:rolf

FoxStang
03-28-2010, 03:27 AM
How do you charge extra for shipping? For games it is $4 max, and for a game system it is max of $15.
Pretty sure you can also have it calculate the shipping per buyer using UPS ground, this is what I do for all my textbooks sales. Ebay is smoking crack if they think I can ship a thick ass hardcover textbook for 4 or 5 bucks. Last time I did this it was spot on for the price.

Slow Joe
03-28-2010, 03:58 AM

Under Domestic Shipping there is an "Additional Options" Section at the bottom right before the International Shipping section. Click "Change" and add a handling cost, you can do that with handling as well.

Personally for games I would use a small USPS flatrate box, (4.95) then ship it through paypal (costs 4.75ish) and that includes a tracking number. However I still add $3 on top of that because I use to go to the post office to ship them and it would be 4.95 + 1.15 for tracking. Plus the additional $3 covers my eBay fees, paypal fees, and any other costs that I have to pay for packing materials, etc.

Also: If you correctly weigh your item, you can have ebay calculate shipping for the item going to the destination, however on those items I normally add $4 because ebay isn't always 100% correct, plus I add delivery confirmation.

PB86MCSS
03-28-2010, 11:15 PM
I've been on ebay since 98' and using Paypal since maybe 01', 100% feedback (only 283items) and have only been "burned" once when buying on ebay, never got my item but since it was about $20, I wasn't about to go after him or "keep it real" ...even though I wanted to as it turns out he lived in Grafton of all places, not in another part of the country.

Play by the rules is a good way to put it, full honest descriptions, ship quickly and you should be fine. Also don't package your items like a moron. The e-mail about the manual is ghey though, no doubt....even if you do everything right your feedback will take a hit and someone will try to screw you, this is true. I've been lucky so far I guess. I don't think ebay is trying to get away from small sellers or anything.

Nickerz
03-29-2010, 10:23 AM
:rolf

Read it again, it has nothing to do with paypal.

Nickerz
03-29-2010, 11:09 AM
I've been on ebay since 98' and using Paypal since maybe 01', 100% feedback (only 283items) and have only been "burned" once when buying on ebay, never got my item but since it was about $20, I wasn't about to go after him or "keep it real" ...even though I wanted to as it turns out he lived in Grafton of all places, not in another part of the country.

Play by the rules is a good way to put it, full honest descriptions, ship quickly and you should be fine. Also don't package your items like a moron. The e-mail about the manual is ghey though, no doubt....even if you do everything right your feedback will take a hit and someone will try to screw you, this is true. I've been lucky so far I guess. I don't think ebay is trying to get away from small sellers or anything.

Your dead on all the way up to the small seller part. They've been pretty upfront about doing away with garage sellers. Here are some of the big giveaways.

-Promoting fixed price listings
-Demoting auctions in search
-Changing default search to "best match" which favors high volume sellers
-DSR system
-Paypal holds on new accounts
-Authorized seller system for brand name goods
-Letting diamond sellers sell on the site for free

etc etc

drewbird91
03-29-2010, 07:44 PM
These an ebay fees are getting ridiculous. They are making a killing.

PB86MCSS
03-29-2010, 10:18 PM
I think if they truly are trying to get away from "garage" sellers they are turning their back on how they started and what in large part made them who they are, I think thats dangerous. For "small" items I haven't noticed selling is more expensive or more of a PITA really yet.

Nickerz
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I think if they truly are trying to get away from "garage" sellers they are turning their back on how they started and what in large part made them who they are, I think thats dangerous. For "small" items I haven't noticed selling is more expensive or more of a PITA really yet.

I understand why they are doing it, but its really greedy and short sighted. Small users can be a pain to deal with, they have no idea what they are doing, provide a poor user experience for buyers, drive up support costs etc etc

I rarely ever deal with ebay and send them a boat full of cash every month. That's how they want it. I don't blame them really. But on the other hand you can't help but think its a bullshit move considering the company was founded on the principle of the even playing field. That is so fucked right now its not even funny.

Companies like buy.com list millions of items for FREE. They have close rates of like .2 percent... POINT TWO PERCENT. But if you're not paying any listing fees, who cares.

All the large companies magically have the required DSR stars some how. There is a lot of shiesty shit going on at eBay. But when it comes down to it, there is NOTHING even close out there.

I've tried them all. Ioffer, bononzle, ecrater. All crap. You can run a website with PPC, but that's a lot of work, and then your the merchant account holder's bitch. Instead of paypal or ebay.

When it comes down to it though, you're always SOMEONE'S bitch. You just have to get used to it.

97z2801ss
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Ebay has worked well for me any disputes I take up with the customer if it goes to arbitration 2 out of the 3 times they sided with the buyer. I send everythin USPS using thier stuff. If someone has a request Ill try and work with them on that aswell. Never ignore the messages or be a dick, ebay is the eyes they see what your sending back and forth. and use it to decide cases. I have called paypal on stuff pretty easy to solve things. If you buy something using paypal on another site and you dont get your item your screwed unless you call your bank and have them check into it, you have to fill out an affidavit or however its spelled. ect ect

I read one comment you came off as arrogant. Dont know what its about but try to work with the buyer to reach a compermize.

Just explain more and take the game and manual out of the case and put it next to it so they understand what they are gettin just imagine your back at Babbages explaining to a 4 or 5 year old what they are buying its easy and youll be fine

now days on ebay.. feedback is SOOOO important Ive had other sellers give me half my money back because something broke off in shipping or a box didnt come with it as it said in the listing.

ND4SPD
03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't know why people rag on PayPal as much as they do... it's a hell of a lot safer than even postal money orders (there are VERY convincing forgeries out there). I have been doing business on eBay since back when it was called "auctionweb" and on paypal since a few years after that and I have yet to have a major problem and I am selling numerous HIGH value items like laptops, etc a month now. As much as eBay prods you, if you sell international... you're asking for trouble. Especially if you sell to eastern Bloc countries like Russia (jeez do your homework). Also, you do have to work with the buyers. Yes it sucks to have to eat a small loss on something to keep your feedback rating at 100%, but it's usually worth it. Even with all of the protections eBay and PayPal offer if you're cavalier or stupid about your selling/buying, you're going to get screwed over, plain and simple. Even if you do everything right you can still get jacked from time to time. I had a buyer torpedo my rating after they got a shipping damaged $20 classic pong console. They didn't even bother to contact me about the damage, they just posted that I sold useless broken junk. So basically it all boils down to if you can't handle it, then don't use it.