quickcarl
06-04-2004, 04:59 AM
Here are some examples of my work:

quickcarl
06-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Lower Control arm, rack and coilover

quickcarl
06-04-2004, 05:10 AM
I paint a little too. If I can handle building this extremely straight running, and hard hooking killer, I'm quite sure I can handle some smaller tasks that you guys may have. 414-737-2275

quickcarl
06-04-2004, 05:17 AM
Looking for sponsors !!!!! Climb aboard !!

Crawlin
06-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Need a pit crew member for any races? I'm a good beer getter :)

quickcarl
06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
If you got lotsa time and some basic skills, I have a place for you. Need to be reliable and have time to travel out of town sometimes on weekends. :3gears:

I do custom bent rollcages. See...........................

GRNDNL
06-04-2004, 11:44 AM

If you looked like this I'm sure Carl would "need" you as a crew member..

http://www.v8buick.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=342324

Really nice work Carl........ :thumbsup

Crawlin
06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
non registered members can't see that pic Keith :)

I got some basic skills:
Rebuilds on SBC, BBC, Olds 350
Clutch swaps galore in my f-bodies
Torque converter swaps
Header swaps
Cam swaps
Rear end swap(never did a gear swap though)
Suspension component swaps
Misc. wiring jobs(hooking up a MSD box, nitrous accessories, etc..)

Mostly just real basic stuff remove and replace stuff. machine work was done by a shop but all assembly done by me. Depending on what you would need, just PM me with details.

quickcarl
06-04-2004, 12:40 PM
I'll be in touch soon.

T-Bag
06-04-2004, 12:44 PM
What do you consider basic skills?

Cryptic
06-04-2004, 04:50 PM
awesome carl.

I'm thinking about making a section (static pages, not part of the forum) for services like you offer. I think it will make good content for the site.

this pending me ever getting some damn free time.

quickcarl
06-04-2004, 07:12 PM
That's cool. If I can find more time, myself, :burnout then I can handle more jobs and make enough extra money to actually contribute money for real advertising.

turbogarrett
06-04-2004, 07:37 PM
would you be interested in making a y pipe for me? from shorty headers to my 3" catback.

Yooformula
06-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Damm ncie work Carl! I was gonna ask about the ypipe too :wtf :goof I do seriously need a ypipe if you are able. Gotta shop that some of us can loiter...er I mean stop by to see?

GTSLOW
06-04-2004, 11:57 PM
If you made some control arms that used 98+ fbody spindles for s10's you'd make millions!! :)

HITMAN
06-05-2004, 02:28 AM
Oooeee, lookit them purty control armz! How much ya git fer a set o' them bad boys? I needz me some o' them fer my 1978 AMC Matador. Hederz two. I kin aford ta spend abowt $150.00 Kin ya do it fer me?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/flipbird.gif

Cryptic
06-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Oooeee, lookit them purty control armz! How much ya git fer a set o' them bad boys? I needz me some o' them fer my 1978 AMC Matador. Hederz two. I kin aford ta spend abowt $150.00 Kin ya do it fer me?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/flipbird.gif

you sound like you were hanging around the Beeyond crew that has been posting here LOL

HITMAN
06-05-2004, 08:54 PM
you sound like you were hanging around the Beeyond crew that has been posting here LOL

:rolleyes:
Right, and how many hillbilly, red-neck ricers do you know of?

Actually, I've known Carl since his "Terminator Z" days when he used to go up to Tower Rd. and get his ass handed to him by Dusty and Rotten-Tooth Scott. I don't imagine anybody local other than Bob Hood or Shane Windsor can really hang with Carl anymore, as he's packing a TON of motor these days, and his $hit hooks like a MOFO. Back then, we were all street goofs with 11 second cars, that hung out at Fast Times and talked a lot of $hit to each other. Those were the good old days...

Carl might remember my old car... Larry Henning once referred to it as a "Rolling bowl of pea soup..." and I was running high 9s on horsepower when everybody else had to spray to get there. Mopar Rules!:burnout

Cryptic
06-05-2004, 11:50 PM
dude I was only kidding... (wasnt a shot towards you at all, sorry if it came out that way)

quickcarl
06-06-2004, 04:27 PM
This is for "HiTMAN"
Dude, you're delinitely a fu<king idiot !!! Rotten tooth Scott NEVER handed me any type of an ass whooping. The only race we ever had, was ended early by an old guy pulling out in the front of me, near the middle by Marquette electronics. Scotts car only ever ran 10.60. Dusty is a safe racer. He only races people who he knows he's got covered. When he thought he had my junk 454 covered with his huge 509, he challenged me as if I wasn't s#it. I didnt back down, and said ok let's do it, then all he gave me were excuses. For your info, you stupid jerk, his 509 only ran 10.40 on the spray. My junk motor never ran slower than 9 seconds. So you tell me what is the real deal. What you got right now, mr big shi+ talker? Maybe Bob Hood's $hit is faster. So what. I also handed him his ass more than once despite his car being faster. I remember going up in him, at the NSCA race that they held at the grove in 2002. Maybe he didn't run fast there because he always cheated and ran the car light at the Union Grove events. Who knows---nobody checks the weight. I got to the semi finals against the eventual winner that actually runs slower than my car. He won based on a holeshot, with my tires being bad. I took it like the man that I am. Raced out of my pocket with no sponsors, no pro engine builder, no backing of any kind-----and still found my way to the final rounds of many races. I will be on the road to St. Louis next weekend. Where will you be?? Spectating and talking trash. Whoever you are (I think the dork with the mopar who I smoked on horsepower---still thinks I sprayed him)---you need to open your eyes and try to see whats really going on, fool.

If I remember correctly, you were the idiot who built the 440 with way too much compression, and were too cheap (or stupid) and didn't fly cut valve reliefs in the pistons, so the right cam(more duration) would not fit. That engine made mechanical compression like a diesel, due to the small cam (only one that would fit ) ,so the engine would ping even on race fuel, and never ran right. So everyone tell me----whose the biggest Idiot ????

HITMAN
06-06-2004, 06:15 PM
:lame:

Hey Carl, whats with the serious attitude problem? If you didn't have such an inferiority complex, you would have seen the compliment instead of ridicule. So your brown Z NEVER ran slower than 9's, huh? Riiiiight...

You know, I do admire your car, and the work you've done to it. You and Shane Windsor are both the most do-it-yourself guys I can think of, other than Bob Hood, (I don't count him though, as he does body work and fabricating for a living) but your ego just gets in the way of me liking you as a person, kind of like Hood. I see your posts here, calling these guys out when you know you've got them all covered, big time. Sounds kind of like what you just accused Dusty of. How brave you are... http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_hail.gif
Just out of curiosity, how may spots does a guy with a 7 second car have to give someone with a 12 second car, anyway? Fifty? :thumbsup

Anyhow, I originally figured this as an off-handed way to say hello, and to say nice job, but alas, I see that you've never gotten that chip off of your shoulder. Too bad, as I was really thinking about having you do some work on my next project. I guess maybe I'll just have Shane do it... He might not be as good, and he might not hook as well as you, but he's never given me a reason to dislike him, either.

Have a nice day, Carl, and good luck to you in St. Louis. You're going to need it... http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_grin.gif

BTW, this is Brett, the fat guy with the old Green Manalishi Road Runner.

Ah, I see that you've edited your post, and are now trying to make yourself out to be the engine guru of Milwaukee.

No, I had the B1 headed 511 that ran 9.89 on nuts its first time out. Sorry dude, better luck next time. You might want to figure out who you're arguing with before placing your foot firmly in your mouth... ;)

Try reading your own signature for a change, and then concentrate on comprehending it.

quickcarl
06-06-2004, 11:58 PM
First-off, you are not that ass hole, but apparently another one. Second off That motor you had was bought from a race car and subsequently kicked out all the rods after booger got it from you(you lucky bugger). I probably wouldnt have done the work for you anyway cause your mouth is as big as your ass. I do not have any of the attitude complexes or issues that you listed. My sharp responses are aimed at stupid people who say stupid things that are incorrect or untrue.............people like you. Oh by the way, hello Brett. Get your facts straight next time. Scott or Dusty were both reluctant to EVER line up alongside any car of mine. Only Scott and I tried it the one time that the old guy pulled out in the front of me. Our cars were virtually identical in every way except his heads were rectangular and mine were home ported oval, so we thought it fitting to see who would win on horsepower. What he took off the start, he kept.....then comes Mr. Magoo. Nobody we knew, would or could touch me on the spray, back then, so why would you even say something retarded like that ????

Read the posts closer, Brett. We have other cars to run people with----not necessarily just mine.

Bob Hood is a d!ck. Bob Hood is a brat. Bob needs his ass kicked in the worst way possible. I'm not like that. You just dont like me because I insulted you or whatever. I like to talk crap and poke fun at people. Dont take stuff to heart. To know me is to love me. You dont like me because I got women, a fast car, a big mouth, and skills. I hold a job(60-70hrs/week), hit the Iron (benchin' 235 right now), work on customer cars, work on my car, do research and development every day---damn near. You can have the things I have with a little hard work, but you would rather think of stupid things to say.

I can run over most people on only one stage of juice. I know that. When the day comes that somebody calls me out, I know what I'll do. I'll figure out what I need to do to win, and then face him. That's the difference between you and me------you would run.

quickcarl
06-07-2004, 10:35 PM
If you made some control arms that used 98+ fbody spindles for s10's you'd make millions!! :)

Talk to me..............I'm listening. PM me.

HITMAN
06-08-2004, 11:12 PM
You know Carl, I read your post last night, but as Monday ends up being a 20 hour workday for me, I felt that I would post tonight, giving my brain a chance to catch up on some sleep.

After giving Dusty a call today, I found out that you were, in fact, correct about the fact that you two never raced. As to whether or not your car was faster than his at the time, and as to whether or not he was "scared" to race you, well, I'll let you two hash that one out. As for your race with Scott, I'll have to take your word on the outcome, as it was well over ten years ago, and I was not one of the principals involved. Once you hit 40, your memory has a habit of escaping you, especially when it isn't one of the more important items. If I upset you with my faulty memory recall, oh well, sue me.

As for my engine being purchased out of a race car, you are now the one with the faulty circuitry. The short block was originally purchased from Terry Cartwright as a 505. It had been in a pulling truck and had 8 burned pistons due to Terry's ill-advised use of nitromethane along with gasoline and a carburetor. :rolleyes: The short block sat in my garage for over a year. The heads were purchased used from Tom Buse, who complained that his car wasn't as fast as he thought it should be with these parts, and was going back to iron heads. Upon inspection, you could see that, aside from a Borchardt valve job, no other work had been done to these heads, not even a basic blend of the seats to the bowls. They were VERY rough. Gee, I wonder why these heads didn't live up to expectation... Anyhow, after saving up for a while, I made some phone calls, looking for someone that was familiar with these heads, as nobody local was. I settled on R&J Performance in Cedar Falls, Iowa. I dropped off what I had, they machined it, put in new pistons, ported the heads, and picked out a cam. I ended up re-using those rods, the welded stroker crank, and I just had them install some Koffel's aluminum main caps and studs, and had them rock the block. That engine ran pretty good, considering that the car really wasn't optimized for running on nuts, nor was it strictly set-up for nitrous use. I did spray it a few times on the street, but never for very long, as the rods, block and crank were always questionable for the power level. That's why I never sprayed it at the track. I was afraid I would have blown up an engine I wouldn't be able to afford to duplicate for a long time.

To be continued...

HITMAN
06-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Fast forward to when Booger bought it. I told him repeatedly that the rods were due for replacement, but that if he treated it correctly, he should be able to finish out the season (he purchased it in Sept.) running it on hp. I met him at the track when he first ran it, and noticed that he had installed a plate system on it. When I asked him about it, he said that it was only a 175 shot, and that he didn't think it would be a problem. Oh well, it was his engine now. He made a few passes on nuts, and then sprayed it. He went low 9's and then ripped the converter bolts out of it. After that, I heard nothing until I was up at Fast Times later that year. Johnny told me that Booger blew that engine up, hard-core. He told me that Booger would start the car up cold, and then rev the piss out of it, never letting those aluminum rods get any heat. He also told me he was constantly spraying the car on the street, right up until the time it blew. Remember, these are Johnny's words, not mine. I warned Booger, and he chose not to listen. Fuck him, and fuck you too, if you think I ripped him off.

Now, we come to the gist of this post. I couldn't have sabotaged your business plans anymore effectively than you have, if I had planned it out for a month. What an absolutely stunning lack of professionalism you've displayed! You sir, do have an inferiority complex. Just look at how you must beat your chest constantly, in order for you to draw attention to yourself. "Hey look at me, look at how cool I am, and what I've accomplished." Big freakin' deal. What do you want, a cookie?

Low self-esteem compensated for with megalomaniacal delusions of grandeur make you look rather foolish, IMO. You come here, first talking smack, trying to set up races with guys that have nowhere near your experience level. Now you come here trying to drum up business. Nothing wrong with that, but consider your reaction to my mentioning ancient history, incorrect though it may be. You didn't just correct me on my mistake, you started out calling names and being overly belligerent. How mature... I know those are the qualities that I look for in someone I am considering doing business with; arrogance, immaturity, belligerence, and a complete lack of professionalism... :puke

to be continued again...

HITMAN
06-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Carl, though you may do very good work, and have accomplished much in your life, you still lack the basic knowledge of how to be nice to people. You lack tact, and that will end up hurting you in your business ventures. The potential customer, after seeing how you react to such a trivial situation will wonder, "Gee, if he reacts this way to something so minor, what would he be like if I had some sort of problem with his work? Would he just tell me "too bad" and blow me off? Maybe he'd threaten me..."

Oh no, my friend, you have much to learn when dealing with the general public. Try stepping back, and getting over yourself, because nobody but you gives a $hit. You need to stop with the "I'm a bad-ass street-racer" mentality, and start thinking like somebody that wants to be a professional in your chosen field. There is an old saying: You attract more flies with honey, than with vinegar. Take it to heart, and maybe you will succeed in you chassis building endeavor. Until then, you will just be a gifted amateur.

Have a nice life, Carl. May you be a successful as your attitude allows you be...

quickcarl
06-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Yes I want a cookie. No I do not beat my chest. No I didnt say or imply that you sold Booger a junk motor----I don't buy anything old, you never know what can happen. You still have that mouth that writes checks that your ass cannot cash. You got checked and you don't like it, so you write a novel :yawn: to try proving a point or whatever. Fact is, you have no real skills or proven wins or anything that would make you credible. I have an Idea: SHUT THE FU<K UP!! Don't talk to grown folks unless given permission.

This is where my replies end. Heres tact: not stooping to your level, and inviting you to say anything you want directly to my face. You have all the pertinent info to reach me if you feel the need to do so. :punch:

HITMAN
06-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Ah, the oh-so-predictable response. :sleep

You just keep proving my points for me. :loser Keep up the good work, Oh Worldly One, it's quite entertaining... :popcorn