PDA

View Full Version : AT&T U-verse hookup.....

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Domokun no longer works for AT&T :( , if you or somebody you know does please PM me.....

~Justin :thumbsup

theavenger333
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
scott made sure the install went smoothly, and made sure we got through customer service and setup easily. there is not any kind of discount available though iirc. i do like my uverse though!

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
scott made sure the install went smoothly, and made sure we got through customer service and setup easily. there is not any kind of discount available though iirc. i do like my uverse though!

I am mainly looking for someone to be completely honest with the entire process and not sell something just to make a buck. I already talked to AT&T and received false information which is why this thread was made.....

Josepy
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
I am mainly looking for someone to be completely honest with the entire process and not sell something just to make a buck. I already talked to AT&T and received false information which is why this thread was made.....

Somebody try and screw you over??

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Somebody try and screw you over??

Yes, the AT&T customer service representative was not completely honest with me.....

95mustang302
03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Process was smooth as silk for me. Setup an install online. Had them do it during the week, my dad was here for it while I was at work, and no problems, the installer did everything i wanted and wired the house with cat5 for me.

Yooformula
03-25-2010, 09:26 PM

pretty much what he said. its a shame that you dont get straight answers from them. the only real answers I ever got was from scott.

Anakonda69
03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
i need someone to make it available at my new crib. i got directv now but really want uverse.

IcePickFreak
03-27-2010, 02:56 AM
I have directv and have had it for quite a few years. Last summer for whatever reason I figured what the hell and gave U-verse a shot. I had to be at work when they came so I my dad come let them in. It took me about 5 minutes after getting home to get pretty irate with it all. My main TV paused & freezed every few seconds and after getting ahold of the installer he said "Yeah, I noticed that." ... and ??

I check the other tv's in the house that I was having hooked up and that's when I noticed that they cut and spliced the hell out of all the coax that runs to the different outlets from the main feed in the basement.

I had the guy come back to fix the problem on the main set, but again I was at work. This time I get home and my entertainment center is half dragged out, he's got half of my hdmi connections just laying in the middle of the floor and replaced them with component cables. Wtf? He did at least fix the issue, as I fixed all the entertainment system cables and I finally got a picture.

So I finally have the service working. First thing I noticed was that only the main tv can record. All the other sets in the house can only reset. I was told the complete opposite prior to having it installed. I called them up and they told me "We're working on adding that feature in the future." Next I noticed that if I was recording a hi-def show and watching a different hi-def show, you couldn't watch hi-def anywhere else in the house - again I was told different prior to installation. I also noticed a lot of compression happening on the hi-def channels so it really wasn't hi-def anyway. They already had less 'hi-def' channels than directv, and now the ones they did have had worse quality, some were down right horrible.

I canceled it after a week and hooked my Directv back up (I didn't cancel it yet at that point for this exact reason), which was a pain in the ass because of them cutting and splicing all the labeled coax I have run throughout the house. Maybe I'm just use to directv since I had it so long, but honestly I won't give u-verse another thought anytime soon - my 1 week long experience rates 1/10.