PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

1BadBytch
03-24-2010, 09:33 PM
One of my Moms good friends past away a few days ago. She was an older woman with very few known living family members. Her wishes were to be cremated.

My relatives had been takin' care of her for the last few years and don't have the $$ to pay for the cremation or funeral(originally the funeral home said it was going to be $1000 and then my family went there to pay it and they raised the price to $2300).

Her only known family members in New Jersey said they were going to pay for it and now backed out. And now the funeral home says that either they gotta come up with $2300 for the cremation by Monday or she must leave the funeral home....

WTF?? What the hell should they do??? Any Advice?? Is there like some kind of organization they could call or something?? Any suggestions, advice.... anything...

PureSound15
03-24-2010, 09:36 PM
State will fund funeral/burial services if there was no insurance funding for it.

I'll find some info on it.

Holeshot
03-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Well you could pay and then sue the estate for the services you paid for. i would contact a lawyer that knows probate.

PureSound15
03-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Call a cemetery and ask about the state funding. It doesn't work out well for either the funeral home or the cemetery because they are both forced to give up time and space for what the state will pay vs what the consumers pay, but it does exist, I promise.

1BadBytch
03-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. This is such a mess. We will be making some phone calls tomorrow morning. If any other ideas come up please let me know. Thanks.

DR.FORD
03-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Call and talk to Chuck Schroedl (with the bad ass '65 Impala) they own a graveyard and headstone business
Wenta Monuments-744-3834
I'm sure he will have the answers.

Red97GTP
03-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Call and talk to Chuck Schroedl (with the bad ass '65 Impala) they own a graveyard and headstone business
Wenta Monuments-744-3834

x2 on using Chuck.

1BadBytch
03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Wenta Monuments-744-3834

Thanks. I just passed the number and info to the family members.

This whole thing is just a mess... its terrible. It makes me scared like if I were to ever pass ...what if things worked out this way ... and IDK .. I just feel horrible because she was such a nice lady. It's like .. How does this happen?? you know...

Thanks everyone for the info. I really appreciate it.

hotrod96z28
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
call Fox 6 investigation. it seems like they get stuff taken care of