PDA

View Full Version : I remember why I hate Milwaukee

STANMAN
03-24-2010, 08:48 PM
So, me and the future wife take our daughter and step son to Betty Brinn Childrens Learning center right next to the art museum. We forgot where we were and also forgot that people suck, so didn't take the GPS off the dash and hide it in the center council because, I guess, we thought we were among human beings. WRONG. Got back to the car and the side window is smashed, GPS stolen, along with my dirty work pants that I had taken off to put clean ones on. Bad thing is, I left my keys in my pocket. So, house key and car key, along with a remote start fob. I think these new Ford keys are expensive. So, a $300 GPS, a new window at around $300, a new remote start fob at $50 and Taurus key at $150, plus all the time spent to take care of all of that shit, just so some hood rat piece of shit can smoke a crack rock.

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 08:51 PM
just think now they have you address cuz its programmed in your gps and your keys to get in

GTSLOW
Wow right out of the parking garage, how fucking sad is that.

0TransAm0
sucks dude. but it happens everywhere.

GTSLOW
03-24-2010, 08:52 PM
just think now they have you address cuz its programmed in your gps and your keys to get in

:stare If this is correct you may have one hell of a problem on your hands.

STANMAN
03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Haha, if they come in, they are in for a suprise.

0TransAm0
03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
fukin low lifes probably aren't smart enough to figure it out..

michelle
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
No way. I'm so sorry to hear that. Ugh.

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 08:57 PM

if your home

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
fukin low lifes probably aren't smart enough to figure it out..

yeah my bet is they are,if they took dirty pants with keys and a gps

STANMAN
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
if your home

99% of the time, Jen or I am home. I mean if someone wants to get in, they are going to get in. And if they get in, and either of us are home, they won't be getting out alive.

Cryptic
03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
that really sucks ass man.. people suck

STANMAN
03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Oh, and Charter Automotive "Kaizen Team" shirt, which is why all the cloths were filthy, we are working on a Kaizen at work.:rolf

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
you were both gone today tho right? its all it takes

STANMAN
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM
you were both gone today tho right? its all it takes

True. I think our neighbors would notice, they are nosey, in a good way now that I think of it:rolf

Like has been stated, hood rats aren't hood rats because they are smart.

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:11 PM
how do you know they were hood rats? and not white collar white people that do this for a living? thats being a bit brash

Yooformula
03-24-2010, 09:14 PM
sucks to hear that sorry bro. i found out the other day my little area in the hood has been getting broken in alot in broad daylight. pieces of shit even broke into a cop's house while he was away luckily his alarm scared them off. needless to say, ours is armed all the time now and I leave the dogs out of the crate during the day just in case.

Crawlin
03-24-2010, 09:17 PM
how do you know they were hood rats? and not white collar white people that do this for a living? thats being a bit brash

RACIST!!!

should be "low-life scum" because they could be white and from the trailer park on hwy100 by the HOBO.

I DO hope they show up at your house though. My taxes might actually go down with a couple less mouths to feed.

Just remember...

1. I was the victim
2. I will file a report
3. There is the evidence
4. I will answer your questions, but I will wait until my lawyer is present after such a tramatic experience

Finally, can you call an ambulance I think I may be having a heart attack

Right Coop? :)

CATNHAT
03-24-2010, 09:19 PM

Like a suprise 44 magnum party?

That sucks man. That is wht we have insurance though.

Didnt your Rolex get stolen too?:rolf

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:20 PM
yeah brings to light a bunch of stuff he talked about,like not making yourself a target.

Slow Joe
03-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Time to call Broadview...

I understand the idea of having guns, but it's nice to have backup on the way just in case you're not armed while you're feeding the kids...

Nix
03-24-2010, 09:22 PM

What does it really matter? He was just saying the first thing that came to his mind.

I would have called them cumdumpsters or some other name, does that really mean that whoever committed the crime really is a cumdumpster?

Regardless it is a shame that it happened and whoever did it hopefully, eventually get caught while doing it sometime.

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:22 PM
or when the guy at the door says he is from ups and has a uniform

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:23 PM
What does it really matter? He was just saying the first thing that came to his mind.

I would have called them cumdumpsters or some other name, does that really mean that whoever committed the crime really is a cumdumpster?

Regardless it is a shame that it happened and whoever did it hopefully, eventually get caught while doing it sometime.

the point is they could be smart and educated persons. that know exactly what they are doing and not hood rats at all.

Slow Joe
03-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Yup, as my dad and his wife said "now a days, there are so many unemployed people that need money... who knows who's going to be ringing the doorbell wearing a fedex uniform then bust in..."

Crawlin
03-24-2010, 09:25 PM
or when the guy at the door says he is from ups and has a uniform

Hahaha... should always remember "who's in the hole"

In all seriousness, this sucks big time Bob. Definitely get the locks changed asap. I know someone who just did this to her house and it was only like $90. Alot better piece of mind of course. Just cause they come IN the house, doesn't mean you can shoot them in WI. We just learned that :( No castle doctrine law here

Crawlin
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Yup, as my dad and his wife said "now a days, there are so many unemployed people that need money... who knows who's going to be ringing the doorbell wearing a fedex uniform then bust in..."

Joe, that's funny, but Coop's actually going back and forth with me in regards to something that happened at our concealed carry class this past weekend, haha.

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Hahaha... should always remember "who's in the hole"

In all seriousness, this sucks big time Bob. Definitely get the locks changed asap. I know someone who just did this to her house and it was only like $90. Alot better piece of mind of course. Just cause they come IN the house, doesn't mean you can shoot them in WI. We just learned that :( No castle doctrine law here

ding ding ding we have a winnah I laugh when people say that and think they will not get in any trouble at all. hell even a threat of a gun or brandishing it and not using it can get you civily sued and a aggravated assaoult ticket,not to mention all the guns bob has the jurry will think he is a fanatic.It would not help in court.

Nix
03-24-2010, 09:37 PM
the point is they could be smart and educated persons. that know exactly what they are doing and not hood rats at all.

Again what does it really matter? It really dosen't matter if they are educated or stupid. Obviously they are "hood-rats"/degnerates if they go around doing shit like that.

This type of shit really pisses me off, I have had my cars broken in to, and it get so frustrating for multiple reasons. First and foremost it really disgusts me when people fuck with other peoples car/property becuase the shit isn't cheap and it was worked for most times and earned. The next main reason is a lot of the time you never catch who actually did it and you feel helpless, etc...

end rant/

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Again what does it really matter? It really dosen't matter if they are educated or stupid. Obviously they are "hood-rats"/degnerates if they go around doing shit like that.

This type of shit really pisses me off, I have had my cars broken in to, and it get so frustrating for multiple reasons. First and foremost it really disgusts me when people fuck with other peoples car/property becuase the shit isn't cheap and it was worked for most times and earned. The next main reason is a lot of the time you never catch who actually did it and you feel helpless, etc...

end rant/

re read the thread,someone said they (the hood rats) were to stupid to know what too do,so get off the high horse and read.

Nix
03-24-2010, 09:42 PM
so get off the high horse and read.

:rolf

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:53 PM
I think I would at least call my insurance company and let them know,they may pay for locks and such just to help prevent a poss. issue. its at least worth a call.

michelle
03-24-2010, 09:53 PM
What's with all the racist stuff lately? Seems like quite the trend lately kids.

Gregor
03-24-2010, 09:54 PM
ding ding ding we have a winnah I laugh when people say that and think they will not get in any trouble at all. hell even a threat of a gun or brandishing it and not using it can get you civily sued and a aggravated assaoult ticket,not to mention all the guns bob has the jurry will think he is a fanatic.It would not help in court.

That's why you shoot to kill, put one in the head and then put one round in the ceiling. Then claim you fired a "warning shot first". Go for "self defense" just make sure he has your kitchen knife in his hand. You might get 6 months but you will be on the news before your booked.

Still would change the locks.......

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Not sure seems quite racist to me and judgemental too say a "hood rat" did such but hey thats just me.

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:56 PM
That's why you shoot to kill, put one in the head and then put one round in the ceiling. Then claim you fired a "warning shot first". Go for "self defense" just make sure he has your kitchen knife in his hand. You might get 6 months but you will be on the news before your booked.

Still would change the locks.......

Yeah warning shots don't mean shit either actually.And yeah on the locks

STANMAN
03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
A hood rat is a hood rat, there is no color bias. Plenty of "hood rats" in every color, just like real rats, that's why I thought they were called that?????? I have never thought of that term as being racially bias myself. They were degenerates, whatever color. And if they come to my house and break in, or use the key to get in, or ring the bell as the UPS guy and then charge in, they'll be dead, and I may, or may not, be in jail, but at least I won't be dead. Goes back to one of my favorite sayings:

Living, it's the only thing worth dying for:rolf

Z28Envy
03-24-2010, 11:01 PM
What kind of gps is it? Is see someone posted one on craigslist sheboygan just recently today in the electronics section. I doubt it's yours but you never know!!

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/ele/1659991118.html

Slow Joe
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Joe, that's funny, but Coop's actually going back and forth with me in regards to something that happened at our concealed carry class this past weekend, haha.

:rolf :rolf Nice...

Well, so long as it's not the "big sausage pizza" guy coming to deliver to Bob's better half, he's good to go... Bwhahahaha

OxmanWI
03-25-2010, 01:25 AM
What kind of GPS is this? There are some out there that you can track on the internet if they get stolen, with a computer, laptop or smart-phone. Find the mother fucker and kick his face in.

TheRX7Project
03-25-2010, 06:41 AM
It's a real shame, you can't have nice shit anymore unless you can watch it 24/7. Otherwise it'll end up vanadalized, stolen, or hit-and-ran.

I agree with getting the locks changed ASAP. They DO have your address and your keys... even if they're possibly stupid do you really want to take the risk?

05caddyext
03-25-2010, 07:17 AM
They broke the window to get in the vehicle, they don't need keys to get in the house. They wanted the small stuff obviously. He said they had the keys to the car too, they didn't take the car. They won't be at the house. Its funny you mention that they have your home address, I always put my home address as my local police department haha.

STANMAN
03-25-2010, 07:31 AM
They broke the window to get in the vehicle, they don't need keys to get in the house. They wanted the small stuff obviously. He said they had the keys to the car too, they didn't take the car. They won't be at the house. Its funny you mention that they have your home address, I always put my home address as my local police department haha.

Lol, that's what I will be doing with the new GPS. The keys were for my car, everything stolen was out of the wifes car. I wonder if I just parked my Taurus in the same spot tonight if they would steal it, as I am sure insurance would cover more than I owe, perhaps I can make the cash back that I lost last night:rolf

BTW-it was a Nuvi 265, what is comprable in todays market, as I will be getting something new. The higher the number, the better it is?? I will probably just get one off Craigslist:wow

jbiscuit
03-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Just look for one in a car. Bust the window and take it. Thats what I did to some sap the other day downtown with one in a Taurus.

sorry, couldn't resist :rolf

Waver
03-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Lol, that's what I will be doing with the new GPS. The keys were for my car, everything stolen was out of the wifes car. I wonder if I just parked my Taurus in the same spot tonight if they would steal it, as I am sure insurance would cover more than I owe, perhaps I can make the cash back that I lost last night:rolf

BTW-it was a Nuvi 265, what is comprable in todays market, as I will be getting something new. The higher the number, the better it is?? I will probably just get one off Craigslist:wow

If you get one off of Craigslist, it might actually be yours.

OxmanWI
03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Here's a nice one, not a 265.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/1658999207.html

STANMAN
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Just look for one in a car. Bust the window and take it. Thats what I did to some sap the other day downtown with one in a Taurus.

sorry, couldn't resist :rolf

Noice, but it was the wifes Pacifica that got broken into, not the Taurus thankfully. Hell, then I would have to pay to have that window re-tinted, bonus!!!! So, total bill so far:

Window: $233
GPS: figure $250ish (unless I get someone else's off Craigslist:rolf)
Re-key the house: $120 (that's 3 doors, with deadbolts, thought that was a good deal)
Key for Taurus: $200 (seems ridiculous)

Hassle: Priceless.

I swear if I would have seen the person that was going to do it, I would have just given him the money and have not gone through this hassle.

Waver
03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Noice, but it was the wifes Pacifica that got broken into, not the Taurus thankfully. Hell, then I would have to pay to have that window re-tinted, bonus!!!! So, total bill so far:

Window: $233
GPS: figure $250ish (unless I get someone else's off Craigslist:rolf)
Re-key the house: $120 (that's 3 doors, with deadbolts, thought that was a good deal)
Key for Taurus: $200 (seems ridiculous)

Hassle: Priceless.

I swear if I would have seen the person that was going to do it, I would have just given him the money and have not gone through this hassle.

Well, Bob, as far as the key....yeah that seems a bit high, however if you got the key/fob/programming that seems to be right, especially if you only have one other key for the Taurus. If you have not gotten the key/fob yet, I can save you a few buck with the programming of the fob, however the key programming I cant help you with, outside of talking to my shop manager to get you a reduced rate.

The AntiRice
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
i had my garmin nuvi and a $400 radar detector stolen out of my car in the middle of the day while i was at a movie theater. came out and the girl i was with asked me if i left my window down and right away my heart started pounding. fuckers broke my driver side window and took the above mentioned. so that left me with nice scratches on my door from the glass and a pain in the ass project to fix. let me tell ya vacuuming glass out of a door is no fun. window still doesnt sit right so im takin it in to get the track fixed and i still need to get the bitch retinted. i fuckin hate and i mean hate thieves. ive had sooooo much stuff stolen from me living by ft. lewis its not even funny. i think it should be legal to kill motherfuckers if they are either in the process of trying to take ur stuff or have it in hand. no joke, that way these pieces of dog shit will be less likely to go breaking into peoples houses, cars, businesses and what not that hard working people own and have worked so hard to acquire. this kind of thing makes my blood boil. not that im any better than anyone else but ive given up 5 years of my life to serve this country only to be victimized by the very whos freedoms i help to preserve with my life. ok ok end rant. i could go on for days how i feel about these things. oh and before someone says it yes i do believe it is worth taking someones life to prevent them from taking my shit.

STANMAN
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Well, Bob, as far as the key....yeah that seems a bit high, however if you got the key/fob/programming that seems to be right, especially if you only have one other key for the Taurus. If you have not gotten the key/fob yet, I can save you a few buck with the programming of the fob, however the key programming I cant help you with, outside of talking to my shop manager to get you a reduced rate.

Looks like I can get the key/fob online for $30, they said $90 to re-program and cut it at the dealer. I guess $120 is a lot better than $200, but I will call a locksmith and see what they can do it for.

xwing
03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
In Saudi Arabia, I heard the first stealing offense they take a finger, next takes a hand, third takes your life.
Tell you what...SOME people think that would be AWESOME here too :)

animal
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
In Saudi Arabia, I heard the first stealing offense they take a finger, next takes a hand, third takes your life.
Tell you what...SOME people think that would be AWESOME here too :)

Exactly, there's a finite number of stealing hands out there. Eventually the problem would be solved :)

The AntiRice
03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
the only thing that brought me piece of mind after my gps and radar detector got stolen was that my gps had the lock code on. so unless they figure out the code its really no use to them. though im sure theres a way around it but lets hope they dont know what it is.

wikked
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
damn, and I thought Michael Jackson was the only one jacking things at children's centers...

1320PNY
03-25-2010, 10:10 PM

I think the point is a fellow BCMer was wronged and that we should support him being compensated and safe from his troubles.

I do think that some additional investigation is in order due to the fact they have your keys. Figure anybody can take your registration so the GPS having your home address isn't any different, but the fact they have your keys is BAD.

If you want some home surveilance help, let me know. I got a DigiOp DVR sitting in a box at work you could have for your home. Call me on my cell if you want to meet up.

05caddyext
03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
is that figure to rekey the locks with the person coming to your house to do it? I rekey locks for $8 each at my ace store.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-25-2010, 10:19 PM
hate to say it but it's better then Detroit

Reverend Cooper
03-26-2010, 05:27 AM
I think the point is a fellow BCMer was wronged and that we should support him being compensated and safe from his troubles.

I do think that some additional investigation is in order due to the fact they have your keys. Figure anybody can take your registration so the GPS having your home address isn't any different, but the fact they have your keys is BAD.

If you want some home surveilance help, let me know. I got a DigiOp DVR sitting in a box at work you could have for your home. Call me on my cell if you want to meet up.

i understand,i just didnt think the term was proper,if you dont think i understood he was wronged your not giving me much credit either.

shoooo32
03-26-2010, 07:39 AM
If you leave a gps in plain view in that neighborhood your not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm not saying you deserved it, just that it was kinda dumb. MPD has huge signs in every parking garage warning people not to leave valuables in their cars because they're sick of filling out paperwork every time a suburbanite goes to the big city wearing a sign saying "rob me".

Old Dog
03-26-2010, 07:43 AM
I think Coop's observation (criminal having your keys & address) would be my greatest concern. I had a career criminal get his hands on a key to access a property that I own. It made his job so easy, that he decided to come back a few days later and try it again. The second time around I got a nice picture of him with my newly installed camera. He now resides in taxpayer provided housing.

TheRX7Project
03-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Maybe (gasp) they should put some security in these parking garages?

You really SHOULD put your stuff away- but the real bottom line is that you shouldn't HAVE TO.

Inspector13
03-26-2010, 10:04 AM
That completely blows. :stare I fully agree with the finger/hand/life model of dealing with it.

I don't have a home address programmed into my GPS just in case some shithead finds where it's hidden. But I may do the PD address (as it is a mere 2 blocks away from my house). :devil

STANMAN
03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
If you leave a gps in plain view in that neighborhood your not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm not saying you deserved it, just that it was kinda dumb. MPD has huge signs in every parking garage warning people not to leave valuables in their cars because they're sick of filling out paperwork every time a suburbanite goes to the big city wearing a sign saying "rob me".

Never even thought of it, I mean we were out on the street, the sidewalk there has CONSTANT people jogging, walking their dogs, ect, but normally the stuff is put away.

Like others have said, the point is I shouldn't HAVE to hide ANYTHING. But, there's others in the world with the "what's mine is mine, and what is your's is mine to" mentality.

As far as the re-key, it's happening today, just for peace of mind. I highly doubt some smash and grab criminal is going to become a home invader. Most people who do that are either A: proffesionals (not smash and grab hood rats), or, B: short lived, because home invasion gets risky in a hurry, especially in my neighborhood.

STANMAN
03-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh, and I asked one of my EE's today, who happens to be black, if "hood rats" is a racist term, and he said no. He basically gave me the same thing that I have always thought, that rats come in every color, so when you say "hood rat", you are just saying it's someone of ill repute from the hood, in any color. I guess the term means different things for everyone though.

Coops Brother
03-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I took hood rat to mean, trash from the hood from the very first mention of it.
My definition and location of the hood might be a bit different from others though.

1320PNY
03-26-2010, 09:25 PM
It's only called the "Hood" if you live there. If you drive into a shitty neighborhood, it's called the "Ghetto".

It's all perspective. I have an engineering degree and 13 years experience in my field, but I'm really White Trash at heart. I would love to live in a small place with a huge garage, drink beer before 10 A.M. and piss in my yard. Heck, had I not gotten married that is exactly what I would be doing!

Reverend Cooper
03-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Never even thought of it, I mean we were out on the street, the sidewalk there has CONSTANT people jogging, walking their dogs, ect, but normally the stuff is put away.

Like others have said, the point is I shouldn't HAVE to hide ANYTHING. But, there's others in the world with the "what's mine is mine, and what is your's is mine to" mentality.

As far as the re-key, it's happening today, just for peace of mind. I highly doubt some smash and grab criminal is going to become a home invader. Most people who do that are either A: proffesionals (not smash and grab hood rats), or, B: short lived, because home invasion gets risky in a hurry, especially in my neighborhood.

You dont have to hide anything but when that shit gets stolen you also shouldnt come on here and complain about it I guess.

STANMAN
03-26-2010, 09:45 PM
You dont have to hide anything but when that shit gets stolen you also shouldnt come on here and complain about it I guess.

This statement explains so much. I hope nothing bad ever happens to you, but it's good to know that if it does, BCM won't have to use it's bandwidth to hear you "complain" about it:rolleyes:

1320PNY
03-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Easy kids.

Coop, you gotta admit he was wronged. Even if you were happy about it.

Bob, just vent your lungs and move on. Everyone has drama from lowlifes.

All in all, you guys are both really fun to hang with at car shows, just not the same ones!

Reverend Cooper
03-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I am not happy he was wronged. nor do I wish it upon anyone, I guess I just dont understand complaining about it being stolen when you basically asked them to do it. JMHO

Reverend Cooper
03-26-2010, 10:13 PM

seems this is the same thing I am saying,only he is a bit more harsh.