PDA

View Full Version : Georgia to Outlaw Left Lane Slowpokes

Exitspeed
03-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Hear that WI? I guarantee there's some people on here that are habitual offenders. GTF out of the left lane you bastards!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/24/report-georgia-to-outlaw-left-lane-slowpokes/

Good day.

wrath
03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd be happy if Wisconsin would enact a law where semi-truck drivers are to remain in the right two lanes.

OxmanWI
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Please pass that law here....please!

animal
03-24-2010, 04:48 PM
What makes me more irate than someone in front of me that won't move out of my way: People that ride my ass while i'm passing people on the left going like 80, then i move over to the right to let them by and they stay in my blind spot and won't pass me. :fire It's enough to make me want to run them off the fucking road.

Exitspeed
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
What makes me more irate than someone in front of me that won't move out of my way: People that ride my ass while i'm passing people on the left, then i move over to the right and they stay in my blind spot and won't pass me. :fire

Yes, this pisses me off too.

84hurst
03-24-2010, 05:06 PM
What makes me more irate than someone in front of me that won't move out of my way: People that ride my ass while i'm passing people on the left going like 80, then i move over to the right to let them by and they stay in my blind spot and won't pass me. :fire It's enough to make me want to run them off the fucking road.

x3:punch:

CATNHAT
03-24-2010, 05:06 PM
This has been a hot topic on CL R & R lately. There is one guy who is adamant about driving the speed limit in the left lane. Fucking IDIOT!

This is way overdue and hope it makes it way to Sconnie.

xxsn0blindxx
03-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure this already a law in WI, but the police don't enforce it.

tommyt5078
03-24-2010, 05:35 PM

True true true, it's already a law in chitty Wisconsin!!!!!

LIL EVO
03-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure "impeding traffic / impeding by slow speed" would cover the left lane idiots.

Ricky Bobby
03-24-2010, 05:49 PM
This has been a hot topic on CL R & R lately. There is one guy who is adamant about driving the speed limit in the left lane. Fucking IDIOT!

This is way overdue and hope it makes it way to Sconnie.this must be the guy that i ride his rear bumper till he gets the fuck outta my way

Yooformula
03-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I love road trips and its nice to travel out of this state to where there are normal speed limits and slower traffic does stay to the right, just like the signs say to!

Reverend Cooper
03-24-2010, 09:31 PM
anyone who has rode with me knows i yell about this

Voodoo Chick
03-25-2010, 01:30 AM
I get so irate about it that I sometimes have to just get off the expressway entirely, granted, I'll admit I have a little bit of a lead foot.....ok, more than "a little"....but still, when some ass is doing 50 in the left lane, I feel like beating them up.

88Nightmare
03-25-2010, 01:36 AM
I thoroughly enjoy when someone is doing 55mph in the left lane, and the guy in the middle is doing 55mph, and then in the right lane someone is doing 54mph....

Red97GTP
03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
This is why I love driving up north. People actually follow the proper procudure of moving to to right when people wanna pass.

Waver
03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Personally, there should be higher speed limits for traveling in the left lane, as well as higher minimums....When the whole 55 speed limit thing is a joke with todays technology and suspension tuning

lilws6
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
for some reason i have never had a problem with people getting in my way while driving the T/A if i'm hauling doing 80 in the left lane most of the time(not everytime) people see me coming and move over. now when i'm pushin the saturn turd to the limits and trying to pass people they don't fucking move ever. the bikes usually the same as the T/A but i can also pass in a much smaller area if need be. I still say the slow fucks need to staty outa the left lane tho!!!

wrath
03-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Personally, there should be higher speed limits for traveling in the left lane, as well as higher minimums....When the whole 55 speed limit thing is a joke with todays technology and suspension tuning

It's not so much about the machine as the operator. It's really difficult to legislate stupid.

xwing
03-25-2010, 02:00 PM
What a GREAT Law! If I was a cop, I would FULLY fill my quota of tickets, ALL via Left Lane Violations.

Only three rules to driving, really:

1) Stay out of the left lane unless you are ACTIVELY PASSING...and if someone is coming up on your tail, they didn't JUST drop down from HEAVEN, MOVE OVER for them!
2) Use directional any time you change lanes or turn...corollary is LET PEOPLE IN who properly signal.
3) Stop (as in STOP) at Stopsigns (He who FULLY stops FIRST, gets to GO first) :)

"Driver Ed" would be great if they just drilled those 3 things into people.

Al
03-25-2010, 02:04 PM

It's called "failure to obey a traffic control device."

The device is the sign that reads "slower traffic keep right," which appears on the interstate in some locations.

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
It's not so much about the machine as the operator.

More so today than ever before, ever advancing vehicle technology breeds less capable drivers.....

Prince Valiant
03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
I like states like Indiana and Kentucky that instead of posting signs that say "Slower traffic keep right" it says "Left lane for passing ONLY"

Al
03-25-2010, 03:13 PM
I like states like Indiana and Kentucky that instead of posting signs that say "Slower traffic keep right" it says "Left lane for passing ONLY"

It seems to leave less up for the imagination to fill in.

Waver
03-25-2010, 06:12 PM
More so today than ever before, ever advancing vehicle technology breeds less capable drivers.....

Well that goes hand in hand with what I have been saying for the last few years, as technology gets better, a lot of peoples driving becomes shittier and shittier. I have had to use my horn more in the last month due to people talking on cell phones, not paying attention to stoplights, not looking before they make turns, and now, with the dawn of those stupid ass roundabouts, people who have no fucking clue on how to navigate through them, than I have in the last three YEARS