PDA

View Full Version : Need some pc help, keeps rebooting and got a weird message..

Yooformula
03-23-2010, 07:42 PM
these errors codes popped up from ms after this last reboot. This shit just started last night for some reason. anyone know wth these would be?

C:\DOCUME~1\yoosof\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER378e.dir00\Min i032310-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\yoosof\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER378e.dir00\sys data.xml

xxsn0blindxx
03-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Those are just files that contain details about the crash that occurred. Something is hosed up in Windows. Will it boot into safe mode(how to boot into safe mode (http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml))? If it does then there is a driver or application causing the reboot. If it won't boot into safe mode, pop open the cover on you computer and find out what the manufacturer of the hard drive is. Go to their website and download their CD bootable diagnostic utility. Make a disk and then run the test on your system. After verifying that the drive is in fact not having problems, then try doing an in place re-install of Windows. If that is still a no go then rename you windows directory and reinstall a clean copy of windows. Your documents and files will still all be there, but you will need to re-load all drivers and applications. If that is going to be a really bad option for you and you suspect a virus/malware, you could pull the drive and scan it in another system.

I can also repair the system if you don't want to deal with it for a very reasonable cost. PM me if interested.