PDA

View Full Version : well.. smoked a deer hardcore last night!!

BAD LS1
06-03-2004, 12:56 PM
On my way home last night from GLD towing my car home with my truck i got about 2 miles from slinger crusin about 70 and had a good sized doe take a leisurley stroll out in front of me. Needless to say im not about to swerve with a fully loaded trailer...

I smoked the *****, got it right in the shoulder with the left front corner, ran it over with the left side wheels of the truck and the trailer :rolf

It cracked the head liight, lightly pushed the fender in so that the parking light sticks out some and the wheel flare doesnt fit flush, warped the bottom of the driver door, warped the entire ext cab door and pushed the front half of the box side in pretty good and creased it wheel flare doesnt fit there anymore too.

Im sure its not gonna be a cheap fix by any means... but i felt much better though getting to see the bastard in the moonlight tumbling underneath the trailer and seeing the trailer jump a foot off the ground when it hit the wheels :popcorn :rolf

MoreTorque
06-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Damn that sucks!

I have been seeing A LOT of roadkill deer lately.

02hawk796
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Is the car OK? It survived the Dukes of Hazzard trailer ride?

BAD LS1
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Well mine is laying in the middle of hwy41 between the slinger/jackson exit and hwy 145.

I just kept on going... aint no point in stopping , i wont even think of claiming that under insurance... gotta a $500 deuctible and dont want raised rates.

BAD LS1
06-03-2004, 01:12 PM
The car is fine it was in an enclosed trailer and strapped down really good, the trailer could roll over and the car would stay attached to the floor yet :rolf

animal
06-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I was under the impression that a deer hit couldn't raise your rates :confused

y2kws6
06-03-2004, 01:24 PM
A deer should not have raised your rates, but without the police report you cannot put a claim in now. It would also have been under Conprehensive insurance and not Collision insurance (Act of God). Your deductible would have been different (possibly $50).

Word of advise also is to hit the deer and not swerve(sp) (Exactly what you did) because if you miss it and do more damage in a ditch you are not covered the same and could be charged with uncontrol of vehicle.

Dan

Brian98GTP
06-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Wow!!

That really stinks Tom... You did do the right thing though... I know people that would have swerved anyways, just out of panic...Now you know why I deer hunt!!

I hit a raccoon in that same spot about a month ago... that big 'ol fat bastard took out one of my lower front grilles, and cracked my lower facia...
Good luck on the repairs.. Hope it isnt as high as a bill as you think it is... :crying

jbiscuit
06-03-2004, 04:04 PM
I smoked a squirrel once.....thats the most buzzed I have ever been in my life. :goof

02hawk796
06-03-2004, 04:28 PM
My Hawk is always re-killing roadkill. So if you clowns wouldn't mind, remove that crap from the road, please.

Prince Valiant
06-03-2004, 05:11 PM
A deer should not have raised your rates, but without the police report you cannot put a claim in now. It would also have been under Conprehensive insurance and not Collision insurance (Act of God). Your deductible would have been different (possibly $50).
I don't think that there is any deductible for deer hit, and yes your right, it shouldn't affect your insurance.

You can file a police report ANY time though, the sooner the better. I wouldn't go over 48 hours if I could help it though...even if you don't, many insurances will cover you for simply stating that it was a deer strike. Mine didn't care that I didn't file a report on the strike and covered it.

Yooformula
06-03-2004, 07:05 PM
My Hawk is always re-killing roadkill. So if you clowns wouldn't mind, remove that crap from the road, please.

Well Ron, since the roadkill wont be moving in front of you I would say you COULD swerve around them. :goof

T-Bag
06-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Tom, get a police report NOW NOW NOW. My mom recently hit a deer with her durango and insurance didn't go up one bit.

12secondGTP
06-03-2004, 09:31 PM
That sucks Tom, time for a cow catcher on the front of that truck.

lotsals1
06-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Man i was thinkin last night "god i want to go to the track "
Would of been a good night ---to bad my fargen tranny is smoked --well 3-4 anyways
i still need a truck to tow mine down there when its fixed --i wanna go one time in full race trim just to see if if it matters