PDA

View Full Version : Performance Power Racing Twin Turbo Ford GT standing mile world record run !

DynoTom
03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
http://jalopnik.com/5495631/video-1400-hp-ford-gt-sets-252-mph-standing-mile-world-record

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/03/500x_standing_mile_record.jpg

Reverend Cooper
03-21-2010, 08:19 PM
That is awesome for sure

Josepy
03-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I'd Drive it.

Yooformula
03-21-2010, 08:43 PM
good lord! sounded like there was tire spin between 140-200mph as he had to throttle back a bit.

embeded vid for the op

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uk9vMQRIp1E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uk9vMQRIp1E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385"></embed></object>

twicks69
03-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Traction issues up to 150mph was clearly evident, and it looked like whenever it hit a bump it was jerkin traction looking to break loose.

Saw this on one of the other forums.

It looks like the car has no where near the safety requirements to be driven Standing Mile at the registered tracks above 250mph to actually make it a verified record.

BOSS LX
03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I want one so bad!

hrsp
03-22-2010, 12:08 AM
guess id take it...lol

70challenger452
03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Reminds me of playing forza with anything that has 1,000 horsepower.

Flicktitty
03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
that cars sick.

sounds like alot of talk on various sites about them getting that car to the Texas mile cause of people calling the Florida one not "official"

I'm not sure what is gonna be able to top this car short of this car hooking up better.

SW (the former record holder) is off by like 6mph or something like that, he said he thinks the car had a 250-253 in the car.

GTSLOW
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
that cars sick.

sounds like alot of talk on various sites about them getting that car to the Texas mile cause of people calling the Florida one not "official"

I'm not sure what is gonna be able to top this car short of this car hooking up better.

SW (the former record holder) is off by like 6mph or something like that, he said he thinks the car had a 250-253 in the car.

I'm surprised. :wooo

Flicktitty
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm surprised. :wooo

bout what?

WhatsADSM
03-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Good god those things are smoking hot. I friggen love ford GTs.

In any case pretty cool and surprisingly seem almost uneventful compared to many of the other standing mile stuff I have seen.

Also it does kind of beg the question. Couldn't dragsters (some probably even on this site) achieve something pertty close if they were to re-gear (or re-tire) the car to go 250+? They would probably also need to keep the aerodynamics from recking havoc.

SMOKDU
03-22-2010, 09:28 PM

In any case pretty cool and surprisingly seem almost uneventful compared to many of the other standing mile stuff I have seen.

Also it does kind of beg the question. Couldn't dragsters (some probably even on this site) achieve something pertty close if they were to re-gear (or re-tire) the car to go 250+? They would probably also need to keep the aerodynamics from recking havoc.

My top is rated way less than 167mph now. whats another 90 plus.

DynoTom
03-23-2010, 12:01 AM

I was thinking about the same thing today...I would say Mopar Jims Viper would fit the bill good....I'm sure gearing would be the main thing as he has PLENTY of power and slipstreaming to get up there....

WhatsADSM
03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
My top is rated way less than 167mph now. whats another 90 plus.

How you gonna get into the 7s with only 167mph?

Also you mean to say you have to change the FD ratio and/or put in a trans with overdrive? Impossible!

I was thinking about the same thing today...I would say Mopar Jims Viper would fit the bill good....I'm sure gearing would be the main thing as he has PLENTY of power and slipstreaming to get up there....

True... Yea I'd bet that thing is almost ready to go. Good power, good aerodynamics, lots of gear (and likely revs too)

Hmm... maybe we can convince him to make a run at it :shades

Moparjim
03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
A few guys have done it with similar setups to mine. I would need a lot more attention to aero though I do have splitters and a wing at least, I'm missing safety stuff, and Vipers kill the T56 5th and 6th gears at this kind of power level... I only planned to 1/4 mile mine so I didn't opt for any kind of upgraded 5th and 6th. Like a lot of cars I probably have the power to do something like that, but its a whole different set of specific prep to really get right to be able to clock off a good MPH.