PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Gun Legislation Introduced in the Badger State

SSDude
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Anti-Gun Legislation Introduced in the Badger State
Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!
The dipshits sponsoring this are Rep. Tony Staskunas and Sen. Spencer Coggs. Give them some heat!!

http://www.nraila.org/images/NRA-ILALogo.GIF
·11250 Waples Mill Road · Fairfax, Virginia 22030 ·800-392-8683

Anti-Gun Legislation Introduced in the Badger State

Friday, March 19, 2010

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

As of this week, two anti-gun proposals, LRB-2912 and LRB-4543, were introduced in Madison.

These proposals contain outrageously hostile language which would put unconstitutional restrictions on firearm transactions and transfers at gun shows. Gun control advocates refer to this legislation as a fix for the “gun show loophole,” the scare tactic created by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to push his anti-gun agenda. In most cases with state legislation and Bloomberg’s federal legislation regarding closing this “loophole,” the bills go way beyond that and provide many unconstitutional restrictions on law abiding citizens.

The problem for Wisconsin is that Bloomberg has found a sympathetic ear with Milwaukee’s mayor and some Milwaukee legislators who have been misled by his false statements and rhetoric.

These proposals go way beyond gun shows though, and frankly attack many personal freedoms. These proposals would…

* Require that all firearm transfers be conducted through a federally licensed dealer except to family members. That means if you wanted to sell your firearm to a friend, you would have to find an FFL and pay whatever transfer fees they felt appropriate.

* Go WAY beyond federal restrictions for firearm possession and prohibit individuals convicted of misdemeanors. This provision is a blatant constitutional violation. In Heller v. D.C., the ruling states that only felony convictions are justified in restricting this constitutionally guaranteed right.

* Also require that all firearms transfers be reported and all guns registered into a centralized database.

* Establish no limitations on who would have access to this database.

Wisconsin State Legislators have been given a deadline of Monday, March 22 to agree to co-sponsor these bills in order for them be given a bill number and assignment. We ask that you please contact your legislators TODAY and urge them to oppose LRB-2912 and LRB-4543. These bills are highly detrimental to all gun owners across the Badger State. For contact information for your legislator, please click here.

Find this item at: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=5614

That_Guy
03-21-2010, 02:04 PM
when it rains it pours...

Coops Brother
03-21-2010, 02:37 PM
This is the letter I sent to both my rep and senator:

As a resident of Saint Germain, a gun owner, hunter and Federal Firearms
Licensee, my hope is that you will not sponsor this legislation. This bill
or any other gun legislation does nothing to prevent the illegal sales of
firearms in WI.

Where someone wants to gain possession of a firearm, he/she will. More
legislation of this nature, in effect handcuffs the law abiding citizens
of WI.

I am a proponent of a concealed carry bill here in WI. If you would
sponsor such a bill, I am sure there would a healthy outpouring of support
for you come election time.

feel free to edit for your town and send to your elected officials

Silver350
03-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I dont mind the laws changing for the gun shows. I think there should be something more with the gun shows just do to the fact I saw a person go into a gun show and show a pistol to the ammo guy and said I need bullets for this. One this person that knows little about his gun is probably 1 a felon. 2 dont even know enough to own one.

But I think taking weapons away from someone because of a misdemeanors is complete bs.

BR3W CITY
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
thats a load of crap. a misdemeanor?! I have plenty of those, most for stupid immature shit from when I was in college etc. So there saying a former "drunk in public" or "loitering" is reason to lose right to own a gun....f that.

SSDude
03-21-2010, 04:05 PM
I dont mind the laws changing for the gun shows. I think there should be something more with the gun shows just do to the fact I saw a person go into a gun show and show a pistol to the ammo guy and said I need bullets for this. One this person that knows little about his gun is probably 1 a felon. 2 dont even know enough to own one.

But I think taking weapons away from someone because of a misdemeanors is complete bs.

You have to look at the big picture. The liberals sponsoring this will be happy taking away our rights one small step at a time. Each small step helps them get closer to their ultimate goal, making firearm ownership so difficult it amounts to an outright ban. Do you want to help them open that door? I don't.

Your example of the uneducated firearm owner at the gun show sounds valid on the surface but if the douche bag cant get his ammo there what makes you think he couldn't find another way?
Felons still manage to get firearms every day even though it's illegal.
One way or another the guy will get his ammo be it a gun show or a Farm & Fleet.

Silver350
03-21-2010, 04:48 PM
I understand what you are saying SSDude. My hole thing thinking on the first part is that I am a legal gun owner and If I have to fill out a little paperwork to buy a gun at a gun show I have no problem with it. I am by no means in favor of this passing just stating my views.

fivonut
03-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I understand what you are saying SSDude. My hole thing thinking on the first part is that I am a legal gun owner and If I have to fill out a little paperwork to buy a gun at a gun show I have no problem with it. I am by no means in favor of this passing just stating my views.

Have you ever bought a gun at a gun show?? Every dealer will make you fill out a form 4473. You still have to wait 48 hours to pick up a hand gun and the shows are scheduled so that it's impossible to buy a hand gun on Friday and pick it up at the same show Sunday. The only way around that wait is if you purchase a gun from a private citizen that happens to be there. The closing the gun show loop hole has NOTHING to do with gun shows and EVERYTHING to do with limiting private sales. It's BS!!

HITMAN
03-21-2010, 05:53 PM

:rolleyes:

Some of you "reasonable", "law-abiding", "what's wrong with a little more Big Brother hanging over our shoulders?" types really piss me off with your completely clueless and apathetic attitudes.

Yes, it's sooo reasonable having everything nice and legal with a handy little paper trail leading right to your front door when it comes time for confiscation. You really need to think this through, dude. Because if EVERY gun you own has a paper trail, then you will be forced to explain where the ones you don't have in your possession are when they come to take them away. And the ones they have the paperwork on? Those will go bye-bye. But Mr. CareerCriminal will still have his and you will now be unable to defend yourself. Have fun being a victim. The sheep says "baaaaaaaah, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..."

SSDude
03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
My letter to my Rep. One of the architects of this crap.

Rep. Staskunas

I've become informed of your co-sponsorship with Rep. Cogg's of LRB-2912/5 and LRB-4543/1, the Act to Close the Gun Show Loophole and require background checks on all firearm transfers.

These proposals contain outrageously hostile language which would put unconstitutional restrictions on firearm transactions and transfers at gun shows. Gun control advocates refer to this legislation as a fix for the “gun show loophole,” the scare tactic created by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to push his anti-gun agenda. In most cases with state legislation and Bloomberg’s federal legislation regarding closing this “loophole,” the bills your proposing go way beyond that and provide many unconstitutional restrictions on law abiding citizens.

What your proposing goes WAY beyond federal restrictions for firearm possession by prohibiting gun ownership by individuals convicted of misdemeanors. This provision is a blatant constitutional violation. In Heller v. D.C., the ruling states that only felony convictions are justified in restricting this constitutionally guaranteed right. Also requiring that all firearms transfers be reported and all guns registered into a centralized database is a thinly guised form of total firearm registration. The fact that you establish no limitations on who would have access to this database confirms this.

A vision problem most legislators experience is the inability to see that criminals will continue to do as they wish regardless of any legislation you pass. The only people you will affect will be the law abiding who present no problem.

Your efforts in the legislature would be better spent endorsing "Castle doctrine legislation" and "Concealed carry permits".

Just when I think I've seen it all, my Representative jumps on board the scare tactic train with the anti freedom crowd. I fully expect this kind of Ill conceived faulty legislation from Cogg's but not from you. Your position on this legislation will be duly noted come election time.

Feel free to copy and send to yours.

Yooformula
03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
:rolleyes:

Some of you "reasonable", "law-abiding", "what's wrong with a little more Big Brother hanging over our shoulders?" types really piss me off with your completely clueless and apathetic attitudes.

Yes, it's sooo reasonable having everything nice and legal with a handy little paper trail leading right to your front door when it comes time for confiscation. You really need to think this through, dude.

BINGO! Thats how they confiscated firearms in canada and england. they started small with automatic weapons and nobody said anything and little by little until they did a full ban and since everyone was registered with a pretty paper trail, they knew exactly where to go to confiscate ALL weapons.

Al
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
* Go WAY beyond federal restrictions for firearm possession and prohibit individuals convicted of misdemeanors. This provision is a blatant constitutional violation. In Heller v. D.C., the ruling states that only felony convictions are justified in restricting this constitutionally guaranteed right.

What the hell is this going to accomplish!?!