PDA

View Full Version : Scotty K is looking for a computer

79SS
03-21-2010, 12:47 PM
I am posting this for Scotty because his computer is dead in the water. He is just looking for something basic in a desktop or a laptop. He just needs something to surf the net and print documents with at a reasonable price. If anyone has recently upgraded to a new PC and you are looking to unload your old one feel free to pm me the details and I'll pass it on to Scotty, or if you have Scotty's number give him a call...Rob

BR3W CITY
03-21-2010, 03:26 PM
if you can't find something good used; you may want to mention a netbook. Super light, great battery and perfect for the web, documents etc. They are less than 400 new most of the time.

BR3W CITY
03-21-2010, 08:52 PM
i have an msi wind, the keyboard is the same size as that of most regular 15" laptops. the biggest difference is the spacing to the touchpad (a bluetooth/wireless mouse solves this). You really can't complain about the performance and convenience for the price.

97z2801ss
03-22-2010, 01:28 AM
I have a toshiba laptop, xp just cleaned by a friend, has windows office 07. 75 bucks

xxsn0blindxx
03-22-2010, 07:47 AM
I have a couple desktop computers.

Computer 1 -$50:
Black case
Celereon 2.8 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
80GB Hard Drive
CD-R/W Drive
Windows XP

Computer 2 - $70:
White case
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU
512 MB Ram
80 GB Hard Drive
DVD-R/W Drive
Windows XP

I can upgrade RAM, hard drive and video card if wanted. I also have monitor, keyboard and mouse available if needed.

scottie K
03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
I have a toshiba laptop, xp just cleaned by a friend, has windows office 07. 75 bucks

you have a pic?

pOrk
03-22-2010, 01:11 PM
My brother can toss a desktop together for 30 bucks, will surf and print with ease

Gregor
03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I have my old field laptop that used for work sitting around. Would need a new battery it wont hold a charge. But runs off the AC adapter just fine. Good surfing computer and will have no problem printing. I used it for jacking into Cisco Nodes at work and setting up Cisco wireless equipment. Not so good for gaming unless solitaire is your thing.

Toshiba Satellite A65-126s
Pentium 2.8 cpu
ATI 7000 graphics
704 megs of RAM
80 GIG HDD
DVD/CDRW drive
15" screen
built in WIFI (picks up my router from my garage)

Replaced the charging jack last month, wiped the drive, reapplied new Arctic Silver 5 heat sink compound to both processor and graphic processor and cleaned out the heat sink. Hinges are in great shape holds screen at any angle. No dead pixels.

I would rewipe the drive before I sold to get rid of the Cisco VPN software and work files/software. I would keep it but I got a new laptop from work and the frown on rogue laptops on the network.

scottie K
03-22-2010, 04:09 PM
I have my old field laptop that used for work sitting around. Would need a new battery it wont hold a charge. But runs off the AC adapter just fine. Good surfing computer and will have no problem printing. I used it for jacking into Cisco Nodes at work and setting up Cisco wireless equipment. Not so good for gaming unless solitaire is your thing.

Toshiba Satellite A65-126s
Pentium 2.8 cpu
ATI 7000 graphics
704 megs of RAM
80 GIG HDD
DVD/CDRW drive
15" screen
built in WIFI (picks up my router from my garage)

Replaced the charging jack last month, wiped the drive, reapplied new Arctic Silver 5 heat sink compound to both processor and graphic processor and cleaned out the heat sink. Hinges are in great shape holds screen at any angle. No dead pixels.

I would rewipe the drive before I sold to get rid of the Cisco VPN software and work files/software. I would keep it but I got a new laptop from work and the frown on rogue laptops on the network.

give me a buz 414-526-1296