PDA

View Full Version : MPD Escalade?

Rocket Power
03-20-2010, 10:10 PM
I could've sworn it had the Caddy front on it, it was one of the Avalanche type ones. I was driving the opposite way but it looked Caddy to me in the quick glance I had at the front end. It was a marked unit, guessing it was a confiscated vehicle perhaps?:thumbsup

lit666
03-20-2010, 10:28 PM
D7 have a new Ford Explorer that is pretty sweet.

-stew-
03-20-2010, 10:38 PM
There's a Navi, too.

Russ Jerome
03-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I say they sell it to another drug dealer, use the money to fix some potholes.

GTSLOW
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I could've sworn it had the Caddy front on it, it was one of the Avalanche type ones. I was driving the opposite way but it looked Caddy to me in the quick glance I had at the front end. It was a marked unit, guessing it was a confiscated vehicle perhaps?:thumbsup

Yup I saw this a few weeks ago and was like :wtf. I saw it near 27th by Leons. Had the big wheels too.

03CVLX
03-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Yep its an Escalade EXT. Was a Pearl white one that was a drug seizure. They sent it too Maaco had the black added and put one hell of a hidden LED package in it. :rolf Next time its at District 3 I will take some pictures.

Lash
03-21-2010, 09:24 AM
In the construction zones around the Mitchel interchange they have a truck that appears to be a construction truck. It's has a ladder rack and everything..... it's that greenish yellow that the rest of the road crew trucks are. It blends right in. I saw somebody pulled over by the 27th street exit.

That_Guy
03-21-2010, 09:31 AM
I was pulled over on 894 by a dark blue or black durango. It was kinda a bs pull over. He let me know my plate light was out and let me off with a warning.
But that threw me for a loop.

Turbo-Triumph
03-21-2010, 09:35 AM
guessing it was a confiscated vehicle perhaps?:thumbsup

x2. theres also a bronze 95ish accord with BLACKED OUT windows and 5spoke hubcaps, as an undercover in St. Francis, fyi

Firefighter Z
03-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Ha ha, South Milwaukee has a silver chrysler mini van with leo plates along with green and red impalas, there the early 2000's.
Franklin has an all black new surburban.

Greendale has a all black new explorer, I found out it was cop when I flipped him off cause he almost T boned me. They also have a new black impala the Chief drives unmarked and a LT1 Corvette white.

Inspector13
03-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Around here they do that a lot with drug seizure vehicles. The county sheriff used to drive a white Escalade EXT with 24's as an undercover squad. They also have a Buick Rendezvous, Dodge Durango, Buick Regal GS, and some other random stuff. All undercover (except the Regal GS).

buttersgt350
03-21-2010, 07:23 PM
i saw the escalade on the news when they were talking about st patricks day dui busts. kind of surprised. nice for the chief though.

Karps TA
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
That's much better then selling it for funds they can use instead of tax payers paying the cost of converting, and putting fuel through it.

And after hacking the electrical system up to add the lights and what not, I'm sure the resale value of it will be tremendous.

I am so against them using confiscated vehicles for that shit. Sell them. Use the funds for bullet proof vests, defibilrators, police dogs, whatever they feel the need to cry to the public about needing funding for. The LAST thing the Police need is a luxury SUV sucking down $3 a gallon gas every 11 miles.

70 cutlass 442
03-21-2010, 09:22 PM
That's much better then selling it for funds they can use instead of tax payers paying the cost of converting, and putting fuel through it.

And after hacking the electrical system up to add the lights and what not, I'm sure the resale value of it will be tremendous.

I am so against them using confiscated vehicles for that shit. Sell them. Use the funds for bullet proof vests, defibilrators, police dogs, whatever they feel the need to cry to the public about needing funding for. The LAST thing the Police need is a luxury SUV sucking down $3 a gallon gas every 11 miles.

uh, the vehicle was free, plus the unmarked/ undercover effect that an escalade would have should be able to generate much more revenue... writing traffic tickets alone compared to a standard crown vic... plus the only out of pocket money the PD had to dish out was lights/ other accessories, that any other police car would need anyways.

-stew-
03-21-2010, 09:40 PM

Resale value on a municipal vehicle!?!?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p152/SavvyRocker9/pfft.jpg

Karps TA
03-22-2010, 06:49 AM
They could accomplish all those things in an 86 Caprice that was confisicated too. Or a 93 Grand Prix. They always pick the nice cars though that they could actually get some money for on auction. All you hear about it how all these communities are having to cut costs and then they do shit like this when they could be selling those cars for cash for the department. If we saw a news story here about some family crying the blues about not being able to pay their bills and then they opened the garage and had shit like a Caddy Escalade parked in there, people would be bitching up a storm.

IMO it's a waste of funds just like the DARE cars.

70 cutlass 442
03-22-2010, 05:38 PM
They could accomplish all those things in an 86 Caprice that was confisicated too. Or a 93 Grand Prix. They always pick the nice cars though that they could actually get some money for on auction. All you hear about it how all these communities are having to cut costs and then they do shit like this when they could be selling those cars for cash for the department. If we saw a news story here about some family crying the blues about not being able to pay their bills and then they opened the garage and had shit like a Caddy Escalade parked in there, people would be bitching up a storm.

IMO it's a waste of funds just like the DARE cars.

completely agree with DARE cars...

but an 86 caprice vs an AWD truck with air bags, better handling suspension, with parts still in production is IMO a better keep. And if you look to see waht a GOOD condition escalade is going for these days, it isnt shit, especially one bought at a police auction.